Page 63 of 758 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163563 ... LastLast

Haven't had any freezing issues ever since I upgraded my video card.

In other news, I'm more then ready for the new EQ after managing to get both a Marlu and a pre-upgraded Huey chip from the new scratch.

First es eq started an hour ago, until 00:00 JST. My opinion on this eq/operation points: one point regen per 20 minutes? 6 points max? doesn't fill with level scumming? Utter shit. Sure, quests only cost 1 energy for the initial run, but this is far more limiting than the previous versions, which you could run as much as you felt like it. Does sega really expect anybody to reach bonus level 5 when it requires 30 scratches (6000 points) to reach bonus level 2?

I think their "Hey guys buy OP rechargers!" strategy is really bad, and will put a lot of people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    First es eq started an hour ago, until 00:00 JST. My opinion on this eq/operation points: one point regen per 20 minutes? 6 points max? doesn't fill with level scumming? Utter shit. Sure, quests only cost 1 energy for the initial run, but this is far more limiting than the previous versions, which you could run as much as you felt like it. Does sega really expect anybody to reach bonus level 5 when it requires 30 scratches (6000 points) to reach bonus level 2?

I think their "Hey guys buy OP rechargers!" strategy is really bad, and will put a lot of people off.
    The leveling to refill stamina was not expected to last as this system is more like other mobage.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

When considering that a quest's cost resets to back 1 once it's cleared, being able to deal enough damage to finish it in one go is more important then ever.

Sadly, I can still only manage one round normal clears consistently as FO.

One passing feels like it will be excessively difficult this time around, what with VH banther having in the range of 1.1m hp. On one hand, justice crow is extremely strong, but on the other hand you're getting owned if you do it at the wrong moment, since it's an uncancellable and reasonably long animation. I'm using sataim, personally.

Having done some more, Io is a 50/50 chip depending on which variant you get. If you get the strength variant, you'll still have to dodge like crazy because it managed to 2hko me despite having ~1500hp (and no Io). I feel like the safe limit for opening is one active chip, 2 and you risk getting hit by the ice breath unless you dodge a bit excessively (wasting time). If you get speed variant, Io is basically unneeded. I've only done 2 rare variants so I don't have much info on those as of yet, outside of "I 2 passed one myself and got ~570 points". Highest damage I've dealt thusfar was ~850k.
    Last edited by Atmius; Dec 25, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

There are 4 variants. and the biggest type is really dangerous in that it's attacks can poison you, so if you get Frozen and poisoned at the same time, well its potentially game over for you. If you do have the Quna Xmas chip, it's quite amusing to use, you get a large power up on sidestepping (low rate). and in the case of this em, in what be the most unfair thing ever, you get +2 rewards as well on quest clear.

I can see why Sega did what they did, es wasn't meant to be toyed around and abused with the way we've been doing it. I actually don't mind since if you are unable to one pass the boss, but its something other than the standard type, you usually get enough points to draw from bonus scratch once when its finished.

The main problem I have right now, is that because of all the issues you brought up earlier, people are being extremely selective (in a bad way) over the runs they choose to take. A good number of people on my FL are only aiming for non standard variants, and when there are none, start one of their own to try their luck. If I try my own run and I get a standard boss... its probably not getting finished unless I do it myself. So one passing isn't as important for the other deviations, but one passing the standard one is essential if you want to be efficient about it.

It's not a total loss with the OP restoring meds, as using one gives you a buff to one of the stats you'd normally get in the run, but can be stacked with what you get in the run. (I have managed to get an attack modifier of 2.0 - 1.5 + 3 attack bonuses)

The biggest trolling of all? In the bonus scratches, the golden lilipa chip, specifically affects up to 10*. Got an 11*? Still gotta upgrade the skill level manually.

Io is a 50/50 chip depending on which variant you get. If you get the strength variant, you'll still have to dodge like crazy because it managed to 2hko me despite having ~1500hp (and no Io).
    The only time it does that much damage is a high pounce attack (not the QTE), and that is really really easy to dodge, unless it happens right at the start of the fight. You basically have 2 options - step out of the way, or if that's not possible, use your friend assist, since that interrupts EVERYTHING. Even from the most powerful type, the most its ever done to me outside that one attack is 220, simply because it usually can't land that one attack. That said, I think all attacks are equally dangerous on the rarest variant simply because it can poison you anytime it connects.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Dec 25, 2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    If you do have the Quna Xmas chip, it's quite amusing to use, you get a large power up on sidestepping (low rate). and in the case of this em, in what be the most unfair thing ever, you get +2 rewards as well on quest clear.
    I found that having your own is practically mandatory for it, which is a really unfair move on sega's part. The rate of the chip appearing in the scratch is also apparently quite low, from what I hear (I only got one from ~120 medals).

The main problem I have right now, is that because of all the issues you brought up earlier, people are being extremely selective (in a bad way) over the runs they choose to take. A good number of people on my FL are only aiming for non standard variants, and when there are none, start one of their own to try their luck.
    This could be alleviated somewhat if sega didn't limit the requests only to the character you were on at the time it was put up. A lot of the time it seemed I'd burn my points, then suddenly I'd have 3 requests, and no points to do them with. When I logged off earlier I had something like 7 requests up. There will probably be some backlash over the 20 minute timer on OP recharge, so they might lower it to 10 or 5 in the future.

The biggest trolling of all? In the bonus scratches, the golden lilipa chip, specifically affects up to 10*. Got an 11*? Still gotta upgrade the skill level manually.
    Yeah, that annoys me too. At least I'll be able to up my PA's to 3 per bar, should I ever get enough points to reach bonus 3.

The only time it does that much damage is a high pounce attack (not the QTE), and that is really really easy to dodge, unless it happens right at the start of the fight.
    The ice breath did the majority of it, almost 1100 damage. he hit me with a jump swipe shortly after because my tablet didn't respond to my input, and as a result I ate a ~550 damage swipe and died.

This could be alleviated somewhat if sega didn't limit the requests only to the character you were on at the time it was put up. A lot of the time it seemed I'd burn my points, then suddenly I'd have 3 requests, and no points to do them with. When I logged off earlier I had something like 7 requests up. There will probably be some backlash over the 20 minute timer on OP recharge, so they might lower it to 10 or 5 in the future.
    I don't see this happening at all. 20 minutes for a single Operation Point is actually quite generous compared to the regular missions. At 25 stm, running Zesshureida would be the equivalent of 75 minutes for one run - a single EM run is already better in exp and total payout.

Besides, level scumming only works if you have enough lower levelled classes to benefit from. Most of my classes are at that point where you just can't benefit from it at all.

Re: Quna Xmas chip - the rates on that are stupid low. I also ended up using 90 medals, and 2000AC. Not a single one. I do find myself swimming in Regius chips. But at least I'm satisfied getting the Emilia chip from last selection - the effect is quite powerful (for all of the chips even) - the power boost you get from them varies depending on the number of chips of the referenced element you have in your deck. Emilia's element is light, and I have a ton of effect chips in light. Right now, the effect is equal to if I had 3 different passive boost chips at once - but I also get CP save and CP regen too. Relative to this EM, if you have the Crouch or Yuuto chip, you're going to be able to sack the boss pretty badly (but you have to provide your own element if you have Crouch - if you have Yuuto, it's overkill).

Wonder if it's worth using an El Ahda chip with how high the HP on the Banther Oran is compared to the past EM bosses.

Though that's assuming it can even be poisoned in the first place.
    Last edited by Rakurai; Dec 25, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    I don't see this happening at all. 20 minutes for a single Operation Point is actually quite generous compared to the regular missions. At 25 stm, running Zesshureida would be the equivalent of 75 minutes for one run - a single EM run is already better in exp and total payout.

Besides, level scumming only works if you have enough lower levelled classes to benefit from. Most of my classes are at that point where you just can't benefit from it at all.

Re: Quna Xmas chip - the rates on that are stupid low. I also ended up using 90 medals, and 2000AC. Not a single one. I do find myself swimming in Regius chips. But at least I'm satisfied getting the Emilia chip from last selection - the effect is quite powerful (for all of the chips even) - the power boost you get from them varies depending on the number of chips of the referenced element you have in your deck. Emilia's element is light, and I have a ton of effect chips in light. Right now, the effect is equal to if I had 3 different passive boost chips at once - but I also get CP save and CP regen too. Relative to this EM, if you have the Crouch or Yuuto chip, you're going to be able to sack the boss pretty badly (but you have to provide your own element if you have Crouch - if you have Yuuto, it's overkill).
    Quna chip double reward only work if it's in your chip.
    If it's friend chip, the double reward doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Wonder if it's worth using an El Ahda chip with how high the HP on the Banther Oran is compared to the past EM bosses.

Though that's assuming it can even be poisoned in the first place.
    It can be poisoned for about...3200? HP per tick.
    Fire burn can work.

I like to use light, since ti makes the beserk<Hyperspeed> one not aggresive for the time it's confused.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-