Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PSO2 English Beta *edit* Region Locked, Not as Exciting.

*edit* It's been confirmed that regions outside of SEA will be IP Blocked, and Daiyousei has posted a picture from the FB thread on page 2 of this thread. Yay.

Hey all, it's been a long time!

I sent in a news story for this, but I wanted to let you all know as soon as humanly possible that the PSO2 English Beta starts on April 10th, and you can get your own key from their site right now!!! Just head over to pso2.playpark.com/en/ to grab a key and register for an account! As a side note, when registering an account, it asks for a mobile number and country code; I left this blank and it still went through just fine.

After you register your key, there will be two links to download the torrent for the game client. The client size is about 14GB, for those who are curious or need to make room like I did, haha. I'm hoping we can create characters ahead of time as well, but I haven't finished downloading and installing the client yet.

Good luck and hope to see you all there!

~~Nate (Shadow Hado)
    Last edited by ShadowHado; Apr 5, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

You do realize that Asiasoft only caters to South East Asia and that more than likely we're already not eligible for such a thing? They're notorious for limiting it directly to IP's in the region not globally as well for near non-existent customer service.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

That would be unfortunate, so I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHado View Post
    That would be unfortunate, so I guess we will see.
    They've already confirmed that they're IP-blocking people that aren't in the SEA region.

None of the updates, have to deal with the hassle of the IP block, and the JP version has most of the important stuff patched to english anyways. I don't see any point in trying the SEA version.

I don't recall any official sources going out and confirming an IP block. Hell RO2 was supposed to have been IP blocked but they never actually implemented it during the time I played.

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    I don't recall any official sources going out and confirming an IP block. Hell RO2 was supposed to have been IP blocked but they never actually implemented it during the time I played.
    Let me refer you to this thread.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Thought i was looking at the world's latest april fools joke in history in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    You do realize that Asiasoft only caters to South East Asia and that more than likely we're already not eligible for such a thing? They're notorious for limiting it directly to IP's in the region not globally as well for near non-existent customer service.
    Yeah I remember reading somewhere that they will IP block.
    Either way, I don't really have a reason to leave JP PSO2 as long as the translation team keeps up, which they've been doing a great job at so far, and that friends still play it.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Let me refer you to this thread.
    There's no official statement saying they would block them though. Their official stance so far is that they would service SEA which is the same stance that PSO2 JP currently takes except with the JP region. It doesn't automatically mean there will be an IP block of regions outside the service area.