Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    Zero micro-stutter here, game is installed on an SSD. Although it used to be installed to a 7200RPM HDD, I never noticed issues with that either, I just installed it to my SSD for faster patching/file checking/loading. I run the game at max settings with vysnc on, if it makes a difference.

What is this 'best client' thing you speak of? It doesn't seem logical to me, if re-launching the game several times improves your performance in any way, I think it might be an issue with caching.
    The client is just poorly programmed and there is indeed a "rng client startup". Your fps cap shouldn't affect your loading times either, yet 120 fps has significant faster loading times for me than 60fps. Obviously you are more likely to get less fps drops on higher end PCs. Fps drops are especially annoying when penta dashing due to it's stricter nature, working around fps drops during quad is fairly easy though.
    Code:
     <05:05:41> "Cicero.": ill just pussy play
    <05:05:43> "Cicero.": if i sense danger
    <05:05:45> "Cicero.": ill heal
    <05:05:54> "☿Futa_Fiend☿": yeah make joey proud
    pm 4 carry

I also have yet to experience noticeable lag on this machine. Client is installed on a pair of 7200 RPM drives in RAID 0.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyKiller View Post
    i5 3570k at 4.0ghz+, x2 GTX 660ti oc'd, multiple SSD's, 8gb ram minimum at all times.

I still see this issue, although not as frequent. When I "hunt" for a good client and actually get one, it will degrade overtime by different issues with the game itself, such as

1.Multiple characters loading in very populate lobbies (doing this frequently will cause it to degrade and it will be very apparent when playing with other people, the stutter, I mean).
    2. Multiple people using Dash/step daggers that cause lag, Nikishi, Marie Nails and a lot other of daggers will cause the client to degrade with time, if you played something like that Cougar EX lilipa EQ with multiple people who dash you will see exactly what I mean, the stutter is real and its super apparent, even on a PC that can run battlefield 4 all maxed at 1080p over 80FPS constant.

There's more things that will cause it to degrade and some people might never even get to know what's the difference between a good and bad client because they simply don't pay attention to these kinds of things.

Justmy2cents.
    I have almost the same computer specs as you, but I truly haven't ever experienced this problem. I see plenty of people dashing with those twin daggers all the time in big groups, and I don't get any FPS drops. I even dash with Nishiki and Marie Nails myself with no issues, although I don't know if it's only supposed to be when other people dash with them or not. I leave PSO2 running on my computer all day long (for 16-30 hours), and I don't have to restart it to try to get a "good client" or anything. The game just works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I have almost the same computer specs as you, but I truly haven't ever experienced this problem. I see plenty of people dashing with those twin daggers all the time in big groups, and I don't get any FPS drops. I even dash with Nishiki and Marie Nails myself with no issues, although I don't know if it's only supposed to be when other people dash with them or not. I leave PSO2 running on my computer all day long (for 16-30 hours), and I don't have to restart it to try to get a "good client" or anything. The game just works fine.
    Cg, but do other people a favour and stop using those daggers.
    Code:
    pm 4 carry

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

I even dash with Nishiki and Marie Nails myself with no issues
    Please tell us your name so we can blacklist you.

Thanks!
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

I wish I had a better way to prove my points to you, maybe recording in video would be one but since almost every program destroys FPS or locks them to 30 means It would probably wont be as obvious as it when playing real time.

Maybe, you still haven't been on parties or groups that say more than 8 of 12 players do quad dash+ constantly with these daggers, its very apparent at this point.
    Ignition.

I doubt you need 8+ people dashing with nishiki to notice the fps drops. My guess is that those people don't notice the inconsistency, because they don't do anything that requires consistency. I wonder if they monitor their fps, so they'd have at least the numbers for comparison.
    Code:
    pm 4 carry

LOL well it won't lag me, but you'll lag everyone else.
    Bad load is really the only time i have ever experienced this stutter.
    I'm using an OC'd [email protected], 16g of ram, and a 770gtx.
    I don't run this game on my SSD.
    Last edited by Rev+; Apr 29, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Thank you for the horse, Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alukard View Post
    The client is just poorly programmed and there is indeed a "rng client startup". Your fps cap shouldn't affect your loading times either, yet 120 fps has significant faster loading times for me than 60fps. Obviously you are more likely to get less fps drops on higher end PCs. Fps drops are especially annoying when penta dashing due to it's stricter nature, working around fps drops during quad is fairly easy though.
    Until someone can prove this to me, I'm going to consider it nothing more than speculative bullplop. Re-launching the game isn't going to make any changes to your client files. I have never found that restarting PSO2 improves my performance at all. In fact, the lobbies seem to run smoother if I've been idling in the lobby for a few hours... There has to be something else happening beneath the surface here. I would be more inclined to believe it's an issue with specific types of hardware (maybe specific GPU's or CPU's cause issues? this is a super common issue with tons of other PC games), or drivers. We need to start documenting who is having problems with frame drops and what kind of hardware they use to try and find a common factor here.

My rig is very much mid-range, not high end. I don't get dropped frames from PSO2, unless I'm in a lobby where it's loading a ton of character models, and that usually only lasts a couple of seconds.