Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuxdude143 View Post
    Right, fresh kills landfill. Where this dumbass thread belongs

Quote Originally Posted by futamieriko View Post
    I agree the hate is exaggerated most of the time. I think it's more that the other blocks are just tame in comparison.
    Yeah, still if you blacklist the people on block 20 that bother you then its fine. Or just go upstairs to the shops where no one talks at all.

Oi!! Inazuma!! Do you WANT the english community of pso2 to be kicked out?!?! Whose side are you on!?
    I don't want them to be kicked out. I want to Sega to do something that will make the bad players care about their behavior or quit the game. The good players would remain.

For example, if Sega prevents the English patch from working, that would pretty much solve this problem instantly. That's only one method. There are many other things Sega could do that would only affect bad players.
    Quit PSO2

But if they prevent the english patch from working then HOW are people like me (a good player) going to understand whats being written?!? That issue would affect both good player and bad players!

A good player would learn Japanese obviously.
    Go home and be a family man Yankee.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

But if they prevent the english patch from working then HOW are people like me (a good player) going to understand whats being written?!? That issue would affect both good player and bad players!
    If you were serious about the game, you could take a week or two and learn how to read katakana. That's all it would take to understand the majority of the text in the game, and then you wouldn't need the English patch anyway.

Most of the game is in English already. You just don't know it because it's written in katakana. If you know English and katakana, you should be fine.

By the way, with knowledge of both English and katakana, you would be able to understand and play most Japanese games. The main exception is heavy dialogue, usually found in RPGs. PSO2 story mode is not crucial so that's not a big deal.
    Quit PSO2

How do you think people played this game before the English patch?
    It only took me a few days to get down the basics, and I don't even know a lick of the language

HOW are people like me (a good player)
    Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    If you were serious about the game, you could take a week or two and learn how to read katakana. That's all it would take to understand the majority of the text in the game, and then you wouldn't need the English patch anyway.

Most of the game is in English already. You just don't know it because it's written in katakana. If you know English and katakana, you should be fine.

By the way, with knowledge of both English and katakana, you would be able to understand and play most Japanese games. The main exception is heavy dialogue, usually found in RPGs. PSO2 story mode is not crucial so that's not a big deal.
    I honestly just don't have the patchence to learn katakana myself just for one game. Besides, just killing the english patch is kinda destroying all of the efforts of AIDA and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    A good player would learn Japanese obviously.
    Go home and be a family man Yankee.
    -_- Learning japanese is easier said than done especially when I already have exams left and right. I just don't have the time to learn yet another thing.