Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

God damn it why do people keep thinking duration is the biggest limiting factor to S&D

But I get what you mean about the damage bit. I'm not handwaving Techer's damage out of spite, I'm just arguing that there's plenty of potential in sacrificing some damage (or rather, not gaining it) to make Zondeel even more useful. And yeah, I do kinda wish SEs were better; faster burn ticks and have it spread to enemies in range, poison maybe reducing max health by a percentage, mirage not being fucking shit... hell, let's buff ice some more: frozen enemies are affected by Zondeel and other vacuum PAs and Freeze Keep's max effect is applied by default. And then we'll make the wand SEs trigger special boss SE effects, and then we'll make Chase skills actually account for special boss SEs, and god damn does this game have a lot of underdeveloped mechanics. As much as I love this game it hurts to see just how great it could be if SEGA wasn't trying to figure out how far is too far when it comes to skimpy lolis.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Triple damage to bosses would be ridiculous. Techer would be entirely balanced around this one weapon and their tree would never get anything else damage related ever again. And it still wouldn't be as good as other classes, though even if it was, I really do not want to see the best strategy for optimal DPS in the entire game be a string of regular attacks.

*sigh* Yeah, I know. I'm just kinda throwing shit out there at this point. I wanna see some (more) suggestions from you guys!

Also has anyone else noticed that Cunningham's Law doesn't seem to apply to PSO-W? :V The only thing I can count on is a strange Inazuma-centric Godwin's Law. The longer a PSO2 balance thread is alive, the greater the chance of bashing Inazuma before he even shows up.
    Last edited by Triple_S; Apr 10, 2014 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    God damn it why do people keep thinking duration is the biggest limiting factor to S&D
    I didn't say anything about its duration, and that's not even its most limiting factor.

The buffs are just plain short and weak.

But I get what you mean about the damage bit. I'm not handwaving Techer's damage out of spite, I'm just arguing that there's plenty of potential in sacrificing some damage (or rather, not gaining it) to make Zondeel even more useful. And yeah, I do kinda wish SEs were better; faster burn ticks and have it spread to enemies in range, poison maybe reducing max health by a percentage, mirage not being fucking shit... hell, let's buff ice some more: frozen enemies are affected by Zondeel and other vacuum PAs and Freeze Keep's max effect is applied by default. And then we'll make the wand SEs trigger special boss SE effects, and then we'll make Chase skills actually account for special boss SEs, and god damn does this game have a lot of underdeveloped mechanics. As much as I love this game it hurts to see just how great it could be if SEGA wasn't trying to figure out how far is too far when it comes to skimpy lolis.
    There really is no potential there, though. Zondeel is just Zondeel, and improving your ability to avoid flinch personally after casting it doesn't improve its effect as a spell. To keep its magnetic effect running even when ignited makes it retard-proof, sure, but I want a latent that is designed to optimize my play style, not counteract the terrible-ness of others' play styles.

*sigh* Yeah, I know. I'm just kinda throwing shit out there at this point. I wanna see some (more) suggestions from you guys!

Also has anyone else noticed that Cunningham's Law doesn't seem to apply to PSO-W? :V The only thing I can count on is a strange Inazuma-centric Godwin's Law. The longer a PSO2 balance thread is alive, the greater the chance of bashing Inazuma before he even shows up.
    When it comes down to it, SEGA is gonna SEGA, and the only power we have in this process is the power to bitch and whine as loud as possible at their misteps. As foreigners its probably your duty to attempt to bitch louder so you're even heard, unfortunately. We are not obligated to design their game for them, we're playing this game so we can benefit (fun-wise) from what they've created for us.

It's just when they show so much potential in certain areas, and then they blast other areas it frustrates people, so not only is there really nothing we can do but hope SEGA realizes their error or their misteps, but bitching really is the best course of action if you want to make a change.

On the other hand, most of the time I just go with the flow. Even if the balance is not in my favor...I deal with the hand I'm dealt. I'll give my opinion on the matter but I can't design SEGA's game for them. I'm not qualified to either, but we all sure as heck notice broken or weak when we see it.

There are a few reasons why so many people bash me and the things I say. For one, these people don't play PSO2 with me, so they don't know how good I am. I don't make videos, so that would be the only way for someone to really know.

The other reason is that many Forces don't know how to fully take advantage of Elysion or Sazan. They put together a half ass attempt and get disappointed when it's not the greatest thing in the world, then go back to using fire techs as FO/BR.

Sazan is fast and pretty strong, but it's not as strong as techs like Nafoie. At least, that's how it might appear if you are just comparing the damage numbers. Against an unmoving target with lots of HP, Nafoie would be better. When it comes to actually playing the game, that situation almost never comes up.

In PSO2, enemies spawn and they are killed within a second. Sazan lets you actually attack, when you wouldn't have been able to otherwise. And even if you are solo, it's still the best. Even if you could one shot the enemies with a different tech, that would be slower, use more PP and be harder to use than casting Sazan uncharged a few times.

Sazan isn't amazing on large groups of enemies since the AOE is fairly small. That's why you use Zondeel (with Territory Burst) to gather the enemies first. In ADs, you can have the Zondeel there before the enemies even spawn.

In a PSE Burst, if the enemies are spawning close to each other, you keep using Zondeel and Sazan at all times, so the enemies are constantly grouped together and die right away. If the enemies are spawning all over the place, just spam Sazan.

The truth is, Sazan is OP compared to almost every other tech, to the point where it makes them useless. The ones that could potentially have higher DPS usually end up failing due to high pp cost, slow cast time, difficulty to aim, activating Zondeel, etc.

Sazan is the best tech to use pretty much all the time, so that's why I use it pretty much all the time. If there is a situation where a different tech is the best to use, I use that tech instead. This is how I play Force. I constantly ask myself "What is the best move I can do right now?" Sega is the one who fucked up the balance of techs, so don't blame me for it.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Multiple skill trees is very important. If I'm doing a quest that has enemies weak to the element I am using, I will use Element Weak Hit. If not, I use a different tree with PP Convert. If I'm doing Caves, I use Super Treatment. If I'm playing in an area with enemies weak to both wind and ice, I use a tree made specifically for that.

Everyone is welcome to contact me in-game, and we can play AD together. Especially if you think you are better with techniques than I am. I would love to learn from you.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    There are a few reasons why so many people bash me and the things I say. For one, these people don't play PSO2 with me, so they don't know how good I am.
    This is some sig quality shit right here.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This is some sig quality shit right here.
    To be fair I think you may interpreting it a little out of context (IE "Good" being the general vague measurement or depiction and level of his skill as opposed to implying that he *is* good).

I wonder how Beardnazuma would play if Sazan hadn't gotten a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    To be fair I think you may interpreting it a little out of context (IE "Good" being the general vague measurement or depiction and level of his skill as opposed to implying that he *is* good).
    Read the rest of the post and say that again. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kikikiki View Post
    I wonder how Beardnazuma would play if Sazan hadn't gotten a boost.
    Before Sazan was OP, I used mostly talises, along with almost every technique from every element. That's because it was the best way to play Force at the time. I also used most of the other classes as subclasses and would change often, depending on which was best.

If future updates to the game cause Sazan to not be as useful, I won't use it as much.

In other words, I don't think "I want to use Sazan". More like "I want to use the best tech for my current situation." It just happens to be Sazan nearly all the time. That's how the game is.

@Giga

I think we only played together for like one quest a few months ago. Based on what I know about you from PSOW, I could guess that you are pretty good at playing the game, but your selfish personality holds you back. I can't be positive unless I played with you more though.
    Quit PSO2

Oh look another topic that ended up with Inazuma babbling about Sa Zan. How do we even manage to end up like this over and over again?

LOL

PSO-World is just the gift that keeps giving sometimes.