Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Super/Hyper Armor is a general action/fighting game tech term that refers to immunity to flinching or knockback (or any related mechanic). I remember someone trying to point out that this was somehow a bad thing on Shunka, but under the right (and not really difficult to achieve) circumstances, it means completely uninterrupted and extremely high damage.
    The biggest issue is that it makes a bulk of the BR playerbase stupid by default; there's no inherent drive to improve because Shunka's just too easy.

My favorite solution is probably what giga's been throwing around forever: 30-35PP up front, and 5-10 for each strike meaning you have to pay up initially making you want to commit, and every strike adds up (or forces you to save more before using it). This should especially remain the case if the last strike will still hit twice.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    My favorite solution is probably what giga's been throwing around forever: 30-35PP up front, and 5-10 for each strike meaning you have to pay up initially making you want to commit, and every strike adds up (or forces you to save more before using it). This should especially remain the case if the last strike will still hit twice.
    This is what I was thinking too. 30-35 pp at the start, 5 pp for the 2nd and 3rd hits, 10 pp for the last one to be exact.

I just wanted to say that it should be Volg Raptor and not Vol Graptor because Volg (Волк) means wolf

Dat music. Dat story quest... I wonder who will be possessed by Bird Falz.

Theodore ? Luther ? I can't see anyone else. Plus, Falz Angel is a caster...

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    I just wanted to say that it should be Volg Raptor and not Vol Graptor because Volg (Волк) means wolf

Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    there's no inherent drive to improve because Shunka's just too easy.
    Worrying about balance issues and spamming one of the most efficient PA to farm stuff are two different things. This is basically the same argument against Tank builds;

"Tank builds are not viable because killing enemies QUICKER is the best defense."

I have nothing against nerfing Shunka. But if spamming one PA yields good results for farming and hunting in lesser time, then why not.

Improve your shunka damage

Is that not drive enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Assuming that the level 2 tech recipes are going cost at minimum twice as much as the previous ones, and that most of the achievements are repeats of the level 1 versions...that's an awful lot of tech fragments.
    Almost, but not quite. A screen shot on the update page shows a level 2 tech customisation costing 8 frags and 20k meseta. I'm moreso hoping that they improve the great success of desynth, since tech frags are lot harder to come by if you aren't playing fo or te.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouranos View Post
    Worrying about balance issues and spamming one of the most efficient PA to farm stuff are two different things. This is basically the same argument against Tank builds;

"Tank builds are not viable because killing enemies QUICKER is the best defense."

I have nothing against nerfing Shunka. But if spamming one PA yields good results for farming and hunting in lesser time, then why not.
    You both have good points.

They do want players to die more often, and Shunka 1-2shots too many things too easily.

But, I don't dislike anyone for spamming it. It enables bad players to perform decently, which directly benefits me. You should use the best tool for a given job, and Shunka right now is just the best tool for a lot of jobs. It's a quick gap closer for that single stab, it hits hard, it has a deceptively large hitbox, it has hyper armor, amazing DPS, works with only 30 PP in your pocket, keeps you in the air the whole time, and it's very precise.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You both have good points.

They do want players to die more often, and Shunka 1-2shots too many things too easily.

But, I don't dislike anyone for spamming it. It enables bad players to perform decently, which directly benefits me. You should use the best tool for a given job, and Shunka right now is just the best tool for a lot of jobs. It's a quick gap closer for that single stab, it hits hard, it has a deceptively large hitbox, it has hyper armor, amazing DPS, works with only 30 PP in your pocket, keeps you in the air the whole time, and it's very precise.
    Yes, all of this also makes it broken as ever living fuck. It simply doesn't need to exist. Katana was more versatile and interesting without it.