Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Eh? I can't remember the lats time I was there unless I spawned there or im playing with my friends who actually PLAY the game.

In your case you actually wanna go there and troll which is highly impossible. Heck they trolling you and you haven't even stepped foot in there yet.
    Has less of an effect than you'd think - especially when most (if not all) of the block's residents are AFK.

Also, I was in lunatic mode when I said what I did, so forgive me.

Either way, the point is that I can't do most of the higher end content when my friendlist is empty, I have no team, and almost all of my gear sucks ass (I ended up noticing my numbers are pretty low).

In any case, I wonder when Sega will actually give us missions and Free Fields for the areas on Oracle (AKA City/Darker Den/Mothership).

Because I honestly feel like, at this point, those areas COULD be their own thing. The fact that they aren't makes me feel a tad disappointed atm.

Giga, usually I agree with you on balance concerns, but I think you're a little off base where GU is concerned.

There were three sets of changes that took GU from being the single worst class in the game to being one of the two strongest.

1). Reverse Tap and Satellite Aim were buffed, and ZRA range was increased.
    2). Fury Stance was buffed (and GU/HU became a thing)
    3). SRollJA and Heel Stab were added.

None of these things involved the flip cancellability of Elder Rebellion or Infinity Fire. Those things already existed, and GU was still trash. I know, because I mained it even back then, when it was trash.

The fact of the matter is, if Fury Stance gets nerfed, a large chunk of the current OP state of GU vanishes (because it's really GU/HU that is OP, not so much GU on its own). If Fury and SRoll JA are both nerfed, than GU's damage falls below that of other classes.

GU would still have great PP efficiency and survivability, but without the damage it goes right back to being the niche class it was before it was buffed. Truth be told? I'd be OK with that. I'd probably still main it, because I enjoy it. Sure, it'd take me two SRoll JA Heel Stabs just to kill trash, but at 20 PP I could actually live with that.

If you then take away its excellent survivability, though, it becomes an utter garbage class that even I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole anymore.

My personal thought is this. Go with your suggestions for HU: Nerf Fury Stance. Buff Hunter weapons/PA's. Buff Fighter weapons/PA's. Do this before ANY other nerfs and see then where the classes shake out.

Make other adjustments (nerfing Shunka/SRoll JA) if they still seem necessary at that point.

Of course, that would be a rational, measured approach, which means Sega won't do it.

EDIT: It also bears mentioning that if Fury Stance is nerfed, some of the non-Shunka/Hatou katana PA's are going to need a buff as well.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; Apr 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Gunner is easy mode because it can cancel pretty much everything with the best defensive dodge in the game

The damage just makes it OP
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    2). Fury Stance was buffed (and GU/HU became a thing)
    3). SRollJA and Heel Stab were added.
    I just wanted to clarify here that the fury stance buff is not what brought Gunner in to the lime light. The improved Fury Stance was around for a good amount of time while Gunner was still a poopy main.

The real, true moment that GU/HU became a thing was when SRoll and Heel Stab got added. Gunner would have become a thing pre-fury stance buff if they had been added before it. Your #3 reason is pretty much the sole reason Gunners became noteworthy.

pretty much, gunners biggest issue was always lack of a good aoe followed by poor damage, sroll and heel stab fix both of those issues

May I ask why it is Fury Stance has to be nerfed in a lot of peoples oppion? Wouldn't that be hurting us who main Hunter?
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

not if they buff the hunter PAs alongside the nerf

How much of a nerf\pa buff we talking here?
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    May I ask why it is Fury Stance has to be nerfed in a lot of peoples oppion? Wouldn't that be hurting us who main Hunter?
    It's not Fury Stance that has to be nerfed; It's JA bonus. Fury JA is simply too good and upsets class balance. That side of the tree gets a persistent 2x multiplier to damage.

On the Fighter tree, bonus damage can come from status effects, and low PP. These are pretty good, but the stances themselves are conditional and bosses can't be hit by status effects (for the most part) so it has fair trade-offs.

On the Braver tree... it has nothing. It caps its damage at 2 to 3 skills (and tiny gains at that). Braver really needs help.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    Fury stance is what hurts those who main hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.