Default Need help with base + mag stats for end game weapons

I've been trying to read up on mags so that I can have the right build for my character. My first character is going to be having Gunner as his main class. I've been looking at the base stats for him: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/race_human_male_5.php#nav

And then looked at the end game weapons:
    http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_10.php#nav

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I thought leveling a MAG up in one stat adds only one stat to your character's base stats. So a mag with level 21 in DEX would give 21 points into DEX for your character right?

So when I see some of the requirements for the end game weapons, some need 685 R-Atk to be used.

I know the max level for a mag is 150. So by taking a look at the character base stats, how do you reach 685 R-Atk? The most you'd get is 473+150=623 R-Atk with a pure R-Atk mag build. Also, the "best" weapon takes 435 DEX. How do you reach all those stats to equip every Gunner weapon available? Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Skize; Apr 15, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Mag level cap is actually 175.
    You have a main and sub class, you'll be adding on 20% of your sub class stats.
    Also, Gu skill tree will pretty much force you to get R-atk increases to access important skills for the tree.

I would say to completely ignore the ability/dex because the best weapons for a Gu to equip are R-atk or R-def and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Mag level cap is actually 175.
    You have a main and sub class, you'll be adding on 20% of your sub class stats.
    Also, Gu skill tree will pretty much force you to get R-atk increases to access important skills for the tree.

I would say to completely ignore the ability/dex because the best weapons for a Gu to equip are R-atk or R-def and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.
    Ooohhh, that makes so much more sense now! Thanks a lot!