Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Would you watch a Pso2 Animation?

Yukito-San made a post where pso2 made a cameo in an anime: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218544

I've talked about it in the past as well..

But now that pso2 has established itself and is a very big franchise, somewhat* [*unless my fanboyism wants me to believe they are...], im surprised they [SEGA] have not been approached by animation studios to do an OVA or series.

A lot of modern series like ./hack, Log Horizon and the recent Sword Art Online all seems to be influenced by it in some way.

Nonetheless, i would hate if an adaption where to take on the cliche "cant log out / stuck in the game" type story plot. What was said in past thread is that they would need better writers.

What do you all think?

I think it's better suited as a documentary about sad men who play barbie-doll dress-up on the internet.

I'd watch it if it had an original plot and wasn't a mess like the whole "cant log out / stuck in the game" scenario. Then sure I'd tune in, just to get more Phantasy Star.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaZoneXE View Post
    Yukito-San made a post where pso2 made a cameo in an anime: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218544

I've talked about it in the past as well..

But now that pso2 has established itself and is a very big franchise, somewhat* [*unless my fanboyism wants me to believe they are...], im surprised they [SEGA] have not been approached by animation studios to do an OVA or series.

A lot of modern series like ./hack, Log Horizon and the recent Sword Art Online all seems to be influenced by it in some way.

Nonetheless, i would hate if an adaption where to take on the cliche "cant log out / stuck in the game" type story plot. What was said in past thread is that they would need better writers.

What do you all think?
    I really don't think so much that they were influenced by PSO2 alone, but by PSO itself mainly which went on to inspire various things.

But anyways, I mean they did do an anime for Blade and Soul. No reason it couldn't happen for PSO2. Base it on the story or make it a side story if you want, but I wouldn't mind something in that universe. Literally no reason to make it out to be a game world rather than its own fantasy setting. Hell, make it a lead up or possibly follow up to PS Nova maybe.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

That anime would have been soooo much better if the majority of the characters in it were based on characters in games that were still relevant now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    That anime would have been soooo much better if the majority of the characters in it were based on characters in games that were still relevant now...
    The idea was its trying to mock the SEGA vs NINTENDO craze of Genesis vs SNES/NES and whatnot

back when SEGA was relevent. Except it fell horribly flat on its face.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    The idea was its trying to mock the SEGA vs NINTENDO craze of Genesis vs SNES/NES and whatnot

back when SEGA was relevent. Except it fell horribly flat on its face.
    Oh I'm aware. Its just not the best concept given the audience. And the awful plot.

Anime of PSO2? If I get to see the player/main character trying to grind at Dudu and rages because of RNG then I'm all for it.

lol nah. TBH if it where to get an anime counterpart what would the plot even be?

i would watch it if it stared lisa or dudu for sure