Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

50%/6s at least 2 yashas.
    Ignition.

Rainbow set of yasha.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    That's a bad thing...?
    Not saying it's a bad thing, just that it would be nice if the rare items didn't often end up being worse then the more common alternatives.

This comes down to preferences, but between having rares so rare they become a myth, and ones so common there is absolutely no joy when finding them for the 11th time, I would prefer a system where we have a combination both these ideas.

Say what you will, but this game is mainly driven by the hunt for rares. If there are none to be hunted, people become bored and don't play the game anymore until the next update hits. I've seen this happen in my team with the release of the SHAQs, in the rare time I actually could be bothered to log on myself.

Say what you will, but looking at H44 and Yasha's drop counts makes me cry. This sudden generosity in rares seems to only apply to the mostly hideous costume-themed 11* rares. Things will go back to normal soon.

Don't forget 13-15 star gear is probably going to come out at some point. Who cares if 11/12*s are common by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    This comes down to preferences, but between having rares so rare they become a myth, and ones so common there is absolutely no joy when finding them for the 11th time, I would prefer a system where we have a combination both these ideas.

Say what you will, but this game is mainly driven by the hunt for rares. If there are none to be hunted, people become bored and don't play the game anymore until the next update hits. I've seen this happen in my team with the release of the SHAQs, in the rare time I actually could be bothered to log on myself.
    Tell them to go hunt 12*'s then.

During the time of AQs, people complained stuff was too difficult to come by, but agreed the rares in question were extremely uber. Now that we have SHAQs, people complain about rares being shitty, when all they are is a little common. That doesn't magically make their stats worse. Yet, people seem to base much of their opinion on gear on how often it drops, not how useful it is. Which isn't even something anyone can blame them for considering there really is no joy in finding them every so often. Same goes for me, and I can't help but feel that is a slightly shizophrenic way to behave.

TL;DR, rares being actually rare is important, else people give a fuck about them even when they are totally functional as gear components.

If we're talking about a regular quest and a common enemy like an Oodan, then lower drop rates are okay, since you can kill as many of them as you want, how often you want, whenever you want.

If we're talking about an EQ like Falz which only appears every now and then and which you may only catch once every two weeks, then the rare drop rates need a drastic boost, since you're literally not able to actually 'hunt' for his rares.

A year ago, the Falz drop rates were definitely far too low and it seemed utterly hopeless to get anything from him, much less what you actually wanted.

They really shouldn't repeat that with the new Falz and his drops.
    They should be obtainable to everyone and not purely through means of extreme luck.
    Especially when we're talking about 12* which a are non-tradable and won't be tradable for a loooong time.

There's plenty to buy in this game, 99% of it is just hardly worth spending money on.