Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Finding a Lavis Cannon in Forest. 1/28808

Though I suppose it ain't much of an accomplishment, really.

Not much of a completionist when it comes to games. No accomplishments other than having beaten the old console games I was raised on, games I wouldn't be capable of beating today.

I guess one of the most significant experiences I've had in a game was a solo roam I did after Sean Smith was killed in Benghazi. I wanted to make a gesture to his friends and colleagues in EVE, and knew that any words I shared would ring hollow as I was a no-name publord. So I decided I would make a show of solidarity with the community, drew a route through the old CFC-controlled regions (where I would be a kill-on-sight target), and set about it. I would pilot a series of Vigil hulls to 'safe spots' in space, name the ships 'In Memoriam - Sean Smith', and eject from the ships, leaving them powered down and nigh-unreachable, cenotaphs for a missing comrade. Residents and visitors alike who scanned the system would see the ship in their scan results, and know that there was a minor show of support from someone else in the community. I had to circumnavigate about half of the entire 'known universe' to hit them all, and altogether it took about 6 hours... quiet and thoughtful hours. I got them all in place, in 11 star systems whose inhabitants knew him best. Even though we were 'enemies', for a short time we were all just players who felt the sting of sudden loss.

To be honest, it's possible they never noticed. I never told any of them I had done it.

Afterward, I felt that strange sense of calm that comes at the end of things.

Spoiler!

...and that's all she wrote.
    Last edited by Palle; May 1, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Not much of a completionist when it comes to games. No accomplishments other than having beaten the old console games I was raised on, games I wouldn't be capable of beating today.

I guess one of the most significant experiences I've had in a game was a solo roam I did after Sean Smith was killed in Benghazi. I wanted to make a gesture to his friends and colleagues in EVE, and knew that any words I shared would ring hollow as I was a no-name publord. So I decided I would make a show of solidarity with the community, drew a route through the old CFC-controlled regions (where I would be a kill-on-sight target), and set about it. I would pilot a series of Vigil hulls to 'safe spots' in space, name the ships 'In Memoriam - Sean Smith', and eject from the ships, leaving them powered down and nigh-unreachable, cenotaphs for a missing comrade. Residents and visitors alike who scanned the system would see the ship in their scan results, and know that there was a minor show of support from someone else in the community. I had to circumnavigate about half of the entire 'known universe' to hit them all, and altogether it took about 6 hours... quiet and thoughtful hours. I got them all in place, in 11 star systems whose inhabitants knew him best. Even though we were 'enemies', for a short time we were all just players who felt the sting of sudden loss.

To be honest, it's possible they never noticed. I never told any of them I had done it.

Afterward, I felt that strange sense of calm that comes at the end of things.

Spoiler!

...and that's all she wrote.
    That's really quite touching, Palle. Thanks for sharing.

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

I managed to eat 2 large pizzas while playing Farming Simulator.

I'm much better at eating than video games

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

I played my best. And it shows.

Found Yasha in PSOBB before Black Paper's Deal from a Viridia Melqueek (1/67k drop, I found on a 2x drops day so it was still well over 1/30k). Then I found a 30% Hit Sange around 2 hours later. Ended up being one of a very small group of people who had Sange & Yasha before Black Papers Deal made it common as hell

Outside of PSO, probably ranking as the 20th fastest in all of Europe round Grand Valley way back in the Gran Turismo 4 European League. Around 2-3k people signed up for it and I came 20th in the 250-499BHP class. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near quick enough to qualify for GT Academy yet

Doing the Endless Setlist (and getting the 'Bladder of Steel' achievement) back on Rock Band 2 Expert Guitar was a pretty painful and tiring achievement too Only could have been worse if it was on Drums.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

I have a 2 that I could say "yeah im proud of that" haha...

Psyvariar 2 (DC)
    1CC (no death or 1 coin credit if you're wondering). Here is an example on how to fight the final boss should you have the high enough level to fight her. Basically....you can't die, and do a lot (and I mean A LOT) of controller wiggling to keep ship spinning for buzz bullet dodging. Ugh the horrors of coming so close only to fail and start over almost made me go off the deep end haha. At least the boss music was awesome!

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
    Now its not the hardest platform game out there, but its IS a game that still to this day i can remember where all secrets are w/o a guide and I completed all 102% of the game too many times over. I would say this is the only game that if someone said "Beat DKC2 all 102% w/o getting a Game Over or Die?"....I would probably make it out alive haha.

Hmm can't really remember all my greatest accomplishment are never really thought about it.

As a kid I remember beating games like Contra and Ninja Gaiden on NES with out cheats and feeling pretty good but other than that. I can't really think of any great accomplishments.

Getting all the trophies in SSBM or finally reaching level 200 on PSOBB official server are the only ones I can think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Finding a Lavis Cannon in Forest. 1/28808

Though I suppose it ain't much of an accomplishment, really.
    Yeah I got that same drop too. Kept it untekked.
    Last edited by Demon-; May 6, 2014 at 06:12 AM.

Mine was (still is) beating Chrono Trigger on SNES solo (1 character).
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?