Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Default Braver Defining Feature?

My previous issues with logging into the game aside, I'm basically starting this game new with only minimal background experience in it and I was actually surprised when I logged back into the game to find a new race and starting class. Feeling curious, I ended up making a Human Braver and after playing awhile with it, I like the Braver class, but I kinda feel it's a bit strange as a class.

Other classes tend to have a defining feature or role when playing. Force carries the Magician Arch-Type in the game, Hunters are Melee fighters, Rangers are Ranged Fighters. What can be considered the Defining Feature of a Braver though? From what I've seen and played, I can use a Bow and a Katana, so it feels like an in between of a Hunter and a Ranger? At the same time though, it doesn't feel quite right to call it that since I feel like I played differently from my first character who was both a Hunter and a Ranger.

So that's basically my question. What makes a Braver stand out from other classes, aside of course, from being a badass wielding a Katana and Bow in a futuristic setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazewind View Post
    What can be considered the Defining Feature of a Braver though?
    Shunka.

Anyway, most people tend to pick either the bow or the katana (usually the latter). I rarely see people use both weapons on that class.

Rappy Hunter

Hmmmn. So Aerial Mobility and Air Combos? I guess it does seem a little more smooth hitting someone with a Katana with the Sazanka skill. I do like using the bows as well though, particularly against Bosses since I sometimes get a little greedy with the Katana and get smacked out of the air when I fail to dodge in time.

All you need to know right now is braver is the most overpowered class by far, with gunner tagging behind at second place. Playing as a braver will make this game boring. So if you want a challenge. Don't play as braver. I intakill bosses in a matter of seconds with braver, it's pretty ridiculous.

Edit: all of the beginning photon art (or skills as you call it) are useless, you hafto get shunka shuntan which deals infinite damage at machine gun speed.
    No one uses those PAs past lvl 20 , the only beginner pa that remains in use is Kanran kikyou for mob instakilling AOE 360 degrees
    You can get shunka at level 40+ When you unlock very hard mode.
    Last edited by infiniteeverlasting; May 6, 2014 at 08:42 AM.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

I was going to quote your post replacing braver with "shunka" and saying "fixed" at the end, but then I noticed you edited your own post. Heh.

Anyway, what infiniteeverlasting said... Shunka the game.

Braver's defining feature: Shunka-spam all day long

add that with orochi + black heart: Shunka + Burst damage all day long

Shunka is great and all, but combat escape is what really sets them over the top. 25-ish seconds of invincibility with increased attack power? Not to mention the gear buff and counter attack. GG Sega.
    Last edited by DJcooltrainer; May 6, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

To add on to the idea of how braver is OP, keep in mind that braver is the class that gets a shit ton of hate because it's so OP that it's causing massive unbalance in the game. So if you don't want hate, don't play as braver. I know people who won't throw revives for you if you're braver, because they think if you're playing as braver you're a skilless idiot who can only spam shunka and many there really shouldn't be a reason you're dying if you're playing as the most offensive intensive class in the game.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

Rappy Hunter

Well now I feel like an asshole for choosing to be a Braver out of curiosity.

._.

Well, at least you can class change. Although I already invested some SP into the Braver Class.