Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FerrickX View Post
    inb4katanacombat mainclass only
    That honestly wouldn't be the WORST thing in the world. It'd at least free up enough points for me to actually max Average and Weak stance at the same time. Minus the critical skills, obviously. Might be fun to carry a Susano Guren and Helen Blathin at the same time.

Br/Ra comes to mind, had one tree built for weak stance + very few sp placed on kata combat, braver mag 5, and rapid fire + rapid shoot up 1 & 2, and step related skills

while giving ra tree some weak hit advances and weak bullet, i was able to dish decent damage and stayed in the top 3 rankings of base invasion/defense EQs
    I probably should have been more clear. I'm referring moreso to nerfing the S-ATK bonus on Fury's Tree while buffing melee damage on other classes.

I'm aware ranger is a good sub. I still play GU/RA to this day and do excellent damage on weakspots.

It would just be nice if a combo like FI/FO for example had some decent physical damage output. I come from the days of PSO 1, and it was nice having things like resta while doing some decent damage against enemies with melee weapons.

Having that kind of variety on this game would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    I probably should have been more clear. I'm referring moreso to nerfing the S-ATK bonus on Fury's Tree while buffing melee damage on other classes.

I'm aware ranger is a good sub. I still play GU/RA to this day and do excellent damage on weakspots.

It would just be nice if a combo like FI/FO for example had some decent physical damage output. I come from the days of PSO 1, and it was nice having things like resta while doing some decent damage against enemies with melee weapons.

Having that kind of variety on this game would be lovely.
    honestly, it still doesn't help remedy Hu's unreliability, and would probably make Hu builds into something like Hu/Br + average stance or Hu/Fi + Brave stance.

I was just saying that as a hybrid class since you said you wanted "hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed."

I can't say much about the last part because i did not play fo (it's still sitting at lvl 1)

Okay, let's talk Bravers.

I enjoy face-smashing 40k minimum in your face Shunkalunka damage that I literally one Shunka 65 Wolgadas with WB on. That's 200k x2 end damage with Katana Gear/Heaven's Divide on. Now they blame it on Hunters being the bestest subclass ever.

How can SEGA fix this? Remove the r-atk damage from Fury Stance and transfer it to Gunner's Showtime!™ or Ranger's Weak Bullet™ to increase Range classes facesmashing ability without having to resort to an otherworldly S-atk oriented Subclass like Hunter.

Now Bravers Average Stance/Weak Stance can be the bestest all-rounder subclass ever.

As for blocking, if you ain't blocking/countering with Bravers, you're probably doing it wrong.

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh

honestly, it still doesn't help remedy Hu's unreliability, and would probably make Hu builds into something like Hu/Br + average stance or Hu/Fi + Brave stance.

I was just saying that as a hybrid class since you said you wanted "hybrid classes to be able to keep up with a class that has hunter subbed."

I can't say much about the last part because i did not play fo (it's still sitting at lvl 1)
    Yeah, I want hybrid classes to be able to "keep up", not do more physical damage than with a HU sub or make a hunter sub completely invalid. Obviously a hunter sub should do more melee damage, that's just common-sense. But there's nothing wrong with a different class combination doing adequate damage. Variety is always a good thing in games, it adds more gameplay and replayability.

Hunter will probably always be an unstable class though. SEGA has one hell of a huge boner for it, so I'd be surprised if they did any major changes like this.

Anyway, this topic has probably derailed enough. I think the OP got their answer by now.

Long story short, play what you want and have fun. There are a lot of imbalances on this game, and many differences of opinion in how they should be fixed. Some people may even look down on you for playing a class like Braver because of how stupidly over-powered it is at the moment. In the end though, it's just a game, and like I stated earlier, having fun is what should matter most. So Blazewind, if you decide to play braver or not player braver, do it because you wanted to or didn't want to play it, not because of what other people may think or have said.
    Last edited by DeificEpyon; May 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    Yeah, I want hybrid classes to be able to "keep up", not do more damage or make a hunter sub completely invalid. Obviously a hunter sub should do more melee damage, that's just common-sense. But there's nothing wrong with a different class combination doing adequate damage. Variety is always a good thing in games, it adds more gameplay and replayability.

Hunter will probably always be an unstable class though. SEGA has one hell of a huge boner for it, so I'd be surprised if they did any major changes like this.
    and in my view, that's what Br/Ra is, an SR-ATTker that's well rounded in damage in both sections of S & R, burning PP down on bow with million arrows/last nemesis with banishing arrow or ARs using satellite cannon, and end it with katana combat's finisher for melee (lovely damage as well when Orochi with black heart is used)

really? from sega's treatment of them, i'd say that they hate hunter's guts

Quote Originally Posted by Hobu View Post

How can SEGA fix this? Remove the r-atk damage from Fury Stance and transfer it to Gunner's Showtime!™ or Ranger's Weak Bullet™ to increase Range classes facesmashing ability without having to resort to an otherworldly S-atk oriented Subclass like Hunter.
    This doesn't fix the problem(except for RaHu), but actually further worsens it. Gunner can do so much just because of Stylish Roll, but on the other hand you would be defaulting to GuRa and giving them the same damage boosts and WB, instead of choosing.

This isn't the problem with Br/Hu. it ccan fully use bows as per the same rule as RaHu, but katanas just go faster. The only way of overshadowing this is to polarise into Br/Ra for the ranged exclusive multipliers and WB. And even then I'm sure Shunka would deal massive damage.
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

Braver's two stances was supposed to be the all rounder subclass skill. Hunters are in no way should contain an R-atk bonus in Fury Stance.

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh

I concur with the Ratk bonus deletion, but not actually ok with trasnferring it. In the given example it would just make everyone bandwagon into GuRa.
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

and in my view, that's what Br/Ra is, an SR-ATTker that's well rounded in damage in both sections of S & R, burning PP down on bow with million arrows/last nemesis with banishing arrow or ARs using satellite cannon, and end it with katana combat's finisher for melee (lovely damage as well when Orochi with black heart is used)

really? from sega's treatment of them, i'd say that they hate hunter's guts
    They certainly love it being a subclass.

Anyway, ranger is a decent sub since it's based on hitting weak points. So naturally, it would work well with braver considering the fact that braver has a skill that increases damage on weak points. I'd personally hardly call it a hybrid at that point.

FI/FO would be a true hybrid (if you preferred to stick strictly to melee and used techniques for only support), since they don't really have anything to do with each other. The kind of variety I want is actually feeling like I'm playing two classes in one. In this case, efficiently meleeing enemies, and being able to support myself with things like resta or shifta.

I suppose you could argue that BR/RA is a hybrid since you can use other weapons like guns efficiently with it, but it only works so well since the two actually compliment each other because of their weakspot bonuses.

I really just want to stop standing there drinking mates for several seconds... At least with resta I can actually walk. But then my melee damage has to suck. >_>
    Last edited by DeificEpyon; May 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM.