30 56.60%
  • Zapero

8 15.09%
  • SEGA

31 58.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Well AIDA does kind of modify the game. So I guess that's technically true, but the morality behind the two people differ.
    As someone else said, its really not the same thing. The Eng patch as whole, including the item translation, only modifies stuff on our end and even then only edits aesthetic things really (parts of it can send server eng names at times, but that doesn't really affect much). It doesn't enable the player to do anything that the Japanese aren't able to do besides read the game in English and display a few things in English through commands that would be in Japanese normally.

And then you have the PSO-HACK group who goes and gives themselves infinite PP, physics edits, change the speed the game runs at, and move objects around in the lobby. All things that aren't possible for a normal player.

The game is being modified technically in both cases, but there's a clear difference in scale and behavior which is probably why SEGA doesn't gaf about English patch.

This doesn't reflect my views at all but he isn't entirely wrong about him and AIDA doing the same thing them and people are working on the patches are messing with the games code and should be banned along with us using tweaker and patches. I doubt sega is ignorant to this and are probably unwilling to ban us because one they would be klling some of their cash flow two because it doesn't break the game like zappy does. Not going to bother using his name he doesn't deserve to be named he is like a virus that never goes away.

Now here is my personal view even though AIDA and the rest working on tweaker/patches are messing with in game data they are benevolent and only working to make the game as accessible as possible to the foreign community while keeping the game unchanged aside from language so we feel what the JP do. We have to go through the same struggles even though it is more accessible it would be no more accessible than it is to player born and raised in japan.

Zappy is like a malignant tumor if you do not cut him off and destroy any trace of him he will only cause more harm and spread like cancer infecting other players minds making it 'okay' to do this because they are 'bored' maybe they are maybe they want to do harm we don't know. The issue is as time goes by it will only get worse the view on the english speakers will only get worse they will find more creative ways to damage to the point ship 2 might become unplayable as much as we would love to play we might not be able to.

I didn't watch this "epic hacker battle" but am I close in saying it went something like this?

Qualified surgeons with minimal mortality rates and axe murderers both cut people open, but nobody debates over which is good there.

How is this a problem again?

Well here is the major problem with that, you CANNOT detect who is using the english patch. Due to the files being decrypted so they look just like the normal files.

Making a patch isn't messing with the game's code, as you might think. It's just editing files, all the coding is still in place. (Besides AIDA's item patch that is different)

Sure it's breaking the rules, but SEGA can't prove you are doing so, so there really isn't anything they can do about the English Patch.

This petty attempt at hacking, that Zapero and the rest are up to, isn't going to make the who ship unplayable, it's simple what people need to do. Ignore him, report him, and he'll lose interest. Stay off the same block as he is on, and you'll be a-okay.

He is ruining basic functions like the visiphone being in a different block isn't going to save you then. The problem is how deep are they going to go before they break something? Ignoring doesn't always solve these issues it only makes them fester. Maybe I am overreacting but the last game I played that this went un addressed became an unplayable mess.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

white foreigner ban yo

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    white foreigner ban yo
    That means I am safe then :3

In all seriousness sega does need to figure out a way to handle people like zappy. I'm tired of hearing about this dude.

So in a way,AIDA's a hacker & zap's a cracker?

So, a "hacker war" is basically...

Also, forum fights are that too.