Default Help for Hunter class build

Hi, i am VERY new in this game and confused about what to do. currently im male cast hunter. is there any guide for hunter from what subclass to choose, what item is the best, etc.
    Thank you very much!!!
    p.s sorry for any English mistakes hehe

hey there, good choice on the hunter class and hucast race! very underused in my opinion

so basically since you're new try the basic hunter/fighter setup, it has good survivability(for a hunter) gets to use most up-close weapons and teaches good basics of the game

for the hunter skills get the offensive(left) side and max out most fury skills, be careful on the defensive side as those skills wont be as usefull to every player as they rely on play-style and can be avoided with good dodging/blocking practice. plus investing heavy into the fury(left) side will serve you well if you switch at some point to fighter/hunter instead

when you open up fighter from the koffee/ohza at lvl25 get the front/back side stances and then you're pretty much open to your own style for the rest of the skills

also i recommend picking up the braver subclass as early as you can or even starting as a braver and picking up the hunter early, since braver has a nice generic stance to boost the hunter damage early on, although not by much, also if you ever go braver/hunter it is a very good combo!

remember to feed your mag only S-atk items and the less dex the better, a little is fine, no big deal and you should be able to use it for most hunter/fighter/braver combos

ill post a follow up with the exact skill trees that i would use, but keep in mind these are just my opinions and you might wanna play a different style than me

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...4NdncKfJ00000i

so this is the basic skill tree setups that should get you going
    they are not complete but just include the most reliable skills an average hunter might need and by the time you get that high level to have more points you will probably know what you want to get already anyways

myself i usually go hunter then get just guard first then sword gear then buy/find sonic arrow PA and im set since im a very vanilla sword dude, but getting all the gears makes you more versatile and powerful with any weapon for just 1 point! also the dash and dash attack are better gotten on the fighter tree as hunter needs more points for fury/just attack skills, but if you chose braver as a subclass early on (lvl15 i think) then you can pick up the dash skills earlier than fighter and bravers even get a nice health boost when the time their wake-up

hope this helps!

I find Chase Advance of dubious usefulness. I don't want to start an argument though so let's leave it at that.

OP, you must realize one thing - Hunter weapons and PAs are not that good. Hunter is still useful, but mostly as a subclass. Fighter/Hunter will perform much better than Hunter/Fighter - which still means you can and should level your class up, but that it won't carry you for the whole game and you should probably put it as a sub when you can, and something else as a main.

Unless of course you really want to play Hunter and don't care for it being relatively low tier on its own. Then knock yourself out.

TBH Chace Advance is used mainly for Fo/Fi and Te/Fi. But with Hunter I rather take on Fighter's right side on the half-lines section.

W8 yes it's useless as it only works on striking... :/
    Last edited by LordKaiser; Jun 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

well i've never levelled fighter enough to actually get chase advance so scratch that out if its no good, no use wasting a reset on it later, just remember seeing a bunch on other posts a while back, must have been that fo and te combos

so now i'm curious what's a standard fi/hu looks like nowadays? i'm assuming fi/hu and not hu/fi since there are more good all class hu weps?