A Little Town Called None Of Your Damn Business

Default Should I get back into this game?

It's been a while since i've played PSO2. When it first came out, I was up to date on everything it had. Now that the game has expanded, more weapons, new stages, different classes, more variety of things to do, I can't decide if I should get back into the game or not. I'm only a lvl 40 if I remember on my Ranger class, and seeing how everyone has all these higher level characters, these new weapons, etc its hard for me to determine if its worth spending countless amount of hours trying to catch up or not. Plus, one thing that made me stop playing PSO2 was (and this is gonna sound like a stupid and minor complaint) that "pass" that you needed in order to buy the 10-Star weapons (apparently theres now a 11-Star weapon list from what i'm seeing). If I remember, you had to be a premium player to buy any 10-Star item from the player shop right? That's where I stopped playing, cause the fact that I had to stick with these weak weapons and couldn't upgrade myself to the newer weapons. I tried hunting the ones I want, but no luck. Like I said, it's a minor thing that ticks me off and I don't remember if being a premium player requires you to pay or not, but if thats the case, then thats why I stopped playing too, cause of that. Plus, when it comes to the skill tree and mags, I do a horrible job at keeping up with that stuff. I know how the system works for both, but for the mag, seems that I always end up screwing up my mag cause its not the way I wanted it to be, for various reasons. With the skill tree, same thing. Anyways, with all the new things going on right now on PSO2, would it be better to just continue where I left off, or just wait until SEGA announces a western release of PSO2 (which probably won't even happen anytime soon) so I can start fresh again? Thanks guys

Depends on how mucg you value your time. I became very picky with games lately so thats all i can say

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGunz2345 View Post
    It's been a while since i've played PSO2. When it first came out, I was up to date on everything it had. Now that the game has expanded, more weapons, new stages, different classes, more variety of things to do, I can't decide if I should get back into the game or not. I'm only a lvl 40 if I remember on my Ranger class, and seeing how everyone has all these higher level characters, these new weapons, etc its hard for me to determine if its worth spending countless amount of hours trying to catch up or not. Plus, one thing that made me stop playing PSO2 was (and this is gonna sound like a stupid and minor complaint) that "pass" that you needed in order to buy the 10-Star weapons (apparently theres now a 11-Star weapon list from what i'm seeing). If I remember, you had to be a premium player to buy any 10-Star item from the player shop right? That's where I stopped playing, cause the fact that I had to stick with these weak weapons and couldn't upgrade myself to the newer weapons. I tried hunting the ones I want, but no luck. Like I said, it's a minor thing that ticks me off and I don't remember if being a premium player requires you to pay or not, but if thats the case, then thats why I stopped playing too, cause of that. Plus, when it comes to the skill tree and mags, I do a horrible job at keeping up with that stuff. I know how the system works for both, but for the mag, seems that I always end up screwing up my mag cause its not the way I wanted it to be, for various reasons. With the skill tree, same thing. Anyways, with all the new things going on right now on PSO2, would it be better to just continue where I left off, or just wait until SEGA announces a western release of PSO2 (which probably won't even happen anytime soon) so I can start fresh again? Thanks guys
    When it comes to high rarity equipment, buying 10* weapons and units still require trading passes, which require premium. Plus now it's also possible to buy 11* weapons, which also require trading passes/premium.

There is an alternative now though, the crafting system. You can use the crafting system to upgrade any weapon to have stats comparable to the weaker 11*s at the highest crafting level. This works for any weapon from 1* to 11*, the end result will be the same when it comes to stats (if you were to craft a strong 11*, it would actually end up being weaker after crafting).

One note though, when it comes to 7* or higher weapons, crafting comes at the cost of their hidden DEX bonus (which means the weapons will have a higher damage variance after crafting), and, if the weapon you're crafting can be equiped by multiple classes, it loses the ability to be equiped by multiple classes (though you can use items to add one class to a weapon during crafting, while these items are only available through the AC scratch, they can be sold in player shops, like clothes and such). The stat requirements to equip the weapon also change after crafting.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Ranger got a serious buff + the stone rifle fromt he new Falz (11*) is actually very good. So a lack of a good rifle should not really be a problem once you come in the higher tier of levels.
    I bet you will like the Ra bet.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

its the same game it was when you quit
    None of this new content is really new

Maybe wait a little longer. When I log in, it feels like there's nothing to do and I end up logging out.

Man I haven't played PSO 2 in like 2-3 months! I still check all the updates to see what's "new" but honestly atm I don't miss the game at all.

I have been playing the game since closed beta though so a little Burnt out on it, I've found my new love for the time being in Blade and Soul game is so much fun.
    Deuman: ナギサ 75Br 75Hu 75Gu 75Fi 75Bo 72Ra 75Fo 88Hr 95Ph

Human: Rikudou Sennin 63Hu 53Fi

Newman: Yoruchi 53Hu 40Fi 53Br