Default USB tech support for PSO Epi 1&2 Online via Wii?

I'm having trouble connecting my net to the Wii. The internet that we use is Sprint and its portable (it uses a usb connection) so we can take it places with our laptops. Well, I slipped it into one of the usb ports on the back of the Wii, then tried testing for an internet connection and it couldn't read it. Am I doing this horribly wrong or am I hopefully just having some minor technical difficulties?

If it helps, the modem looks like this: http://www.w3g4g.com/product_images/...31144_zoom.gif
    Keesha: Level 147 HUcaseal
    Tabitha: Level 100 HUnewearl
    Lust: Level 52 FOmarl

I am a HUcaseal to know what you are take the quiz here.

Most of those types of devices load the appropriate software onto the host machine in order to use it which you probably won't be able to do with the Wii. You should be able to turn your laptop into a wireless hotspot though and connect the Wii to the internet via your laptop. Basically you set up an Ad Hoc connection. I'm too lazy to type out instructions so I'll cut and paste a link to Microsoft's site lol.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

Thank you. I'll check out the link and give it a try tomorrow. The steps look pretty simplistic.

Note that many mobile internet connectors are set up so that they won't allow the connection to be shared - I know this is the case with all UK mobile broadband suppliers.

I was just going to attempt it and thought of something. We are limited to 6gb a month with our internet. If I successfully connect PSO to it do you think it will devour the heck out of my net?

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I highly doubt it'll put a dent in your allowed usage.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Violet. I just tried using the modem as a hotspot (created a group and all that jazz) and connected to it with my Wii but its saying it's unable to detect an access point. I'm thinking maybe the kind of modem I have might only be available for one device at a time... Either that or I'm doing this wrong. But I don't think I am...