Default Could this run PSO2?

My friend has 400$ and custom built is out of the question for him he just wants one right of the box. He's willing to go up to $500.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ktop-Computer/

could this run it or not at all?

Suggestions? If you're helpful and premium I could give you 2 AC scratch items (they'll both be randomized). If you're not premium I could give you 200 AC I will give it to one person contacting them via private message.
    Last edited by morpkid; Jun 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

yeah, my PC is a Core2Duo and it can run PSO2 just fine on Graphics 3
    the video card on this PC is more than enough to run this game
    though i won't guarantee smoothness, maybe some FPS drop in the lobby since quad cores are ancient.. you're better off buying an i3 with that money

If you just want it to "play", yeah. A lot of prebuilts can do that. He's going to load slow though, maybe 5~8 seconds. I put an AMD A10-5800k in my friend's pc, and he took a bit longer, not too bad though. If he wants to overpay on a prebuilt PC, he's going to want to overpay higher.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morpkid View Post
    My friend has 400$ and custom built is out of the question for him he just wants one right of the box. He's willing to go up to $500.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ktop-Computer/

could this run it or not at all?

Suggestions? If you're helpful and premium I could give you 2 AC scratch items (they'll both be randomized). If you're not premium I could give you 200 AC I will give it to one person contacting them via private message.
    Of course it could run it. How well does he want it to run? I don't see why the computer wouldn't be perfectly capable of running it, considering how not demanding the game is. (in current and even last gen terms.)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219777

This person is using that laptop and running it, so yeah, OP needs to give us more, xD
    I wouldn't want to be playing the game like that though, ugh man.

Its a decent desktop to play graphics at normal settings since it has a nice APU on it, best to look around online as well before deciding to buy it since you get a better selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Its a decent desktop to play graphics at normal settings since it has a nice APU on it, best to look around online as well before deciding to buy it since you get a better selection.
    I'd have to disagree. It's an integrated graphics card and the 8400 is fairly weak. Whoever gets it will most likely be playing on low settings all around. This friend should spend at least $650 to get something with a decent stand alone graphics card at least. There are plenty of desktop/laptops that go on sale for that price that have decent graphic cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skize View Post
    I'd have to disagree. It's an integrated graphics card and the 8400 is fairly weak. Whoever gets it will most likely be playing on low settings all around. This friend should spend at least $650 to get something with a decent stand alone graphics card at least. There are plenty of desktop/laptops that go on sale for that price that have decent graphic cards.
    Hence why i said "APU" (intergrated) and not "GPU" (standalone), yeah it might be weak but thats also why i said to look online or pretty much build a decent costom one if he/she wants to.

Honestly my last laptop was an HP piece o' crap I got on ebay for like 200 bucks, it was built to run vista but was running win7 so it ran slow as hell, and I could still run PSO2 on low with no lag at all. Admittedly loading in and out of the campship took like 10+ seconds, but once in game it ran nice with no problems. He shouldn't have any issues with that at all.

That's fine if you're a loner or like soloing.
    TAs, no, that's awful. I hate waiting on someone for 5+ seconds on Sanctum SH, but hell, I do it just because it's a lot of exp and they probably need it.
    As for running fine tunnels aside, I see big EQs and even SHAQs posing a problem. Can you imagine a burst with the old Ilfoei, Cosmobreaker(thank god it's visuals are being reduced), and god knows what else because they are 25+ enemies on screen? Oh, and god forbid you being in main lobby and there are 100+ character models running around. Yeah, you can set it to 5, but loading the basic gray models can be a hassle, especially on that low of integrated graphics.

I don't sit back and build PCs everyday, but I've researched enough to tell you.. it's an investment. If you're not going custom, you need to shell out for a bit more, cause you will most likely just be stuck with it.