Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Newest Story Quest *spoilers*

What exactly is happening here? I finished it with one of my characters but obviously can't understand anything.

Can someone just give e a quick run down on the events that happen?

For example why are we fighting former "friends"? Or so I thought they were my friends.

and why did Thoedore become a bad guy?

Spoilers, obviously. Also, some inaccuracies, because fighting Angel made me want to kill myself, and I didn't bother paying attention. Hopefully, somebody can clarify things, because I will be making them up.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sp-24; Jun 16, 2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: important detail

From older blue tablets, you learn that the 3 hero's main job isn't to protect Arks or defeat darkers but instead to protect the mothership. Because of this the council is actually made up of 6 people to create a balance of power and Arks should trust in Maria since she acts in a manner to protect the organization. All this stuff is told to you by Casara I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    -snip-
    Another thing. In the event that neither side of the Council can come to a decision, Quna acts as a tiebreaker to basically move shit forward. That's why she has the designation of "Pillar of Zero" - I mean, if you had a council of six being evened out on all affairs, you'd never get shit done. Which is why Quna works not only to make sure shit goes forward, but removes anyone that ain't doin' their jobs (which explains the pact between Quna and Casra).

Btw, allow me to clarify what you have there, Sp-24.

Spoiler!

Finished. GOD that was long.
    Last edited by Renvalt; Jun 16, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Feel free to spoil everything <3

Btw when the hell did Ulc die? LOL?

I did all of episode 1 with the story patch and I don't ever remember her dying...I only remember her because she always wanted to work with the ARKS and she finally got hired as a secretary of some sort. After that I never saw her again. Her death was never mention.

Quote Originally Posted by UMVC3_Wolverine View Post

I did all of episode 1 with the story patch and I don't ever remember her dying...I only remember her because she always wanted to work with the ARKS and she finally got hired as a secretary of some sort. After that I never saw her again. Her death was never mention.
    There isn't a particular scene with her death if I recall. Just after the attack on the city Theodore and I think someone else mention it in event tablets.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

That story quest feels like 2-3 seperate quests mushed into one. Because of that, it is both too long and rushed at the same time.

At least we got a few cool scenes out of it, even if (as usual for PSO2 writing) the dumb ones outnumber them.

Now for spoilers:

Zeno joins the Council of Six? Really? Really? I thought he just gets a Genesis.

I mean, shit. I can't be the only one who thinks Zeno and Echo are annoying wastes of space that drag the whole plot down just by being there, can I? They're just so... think of the most cliche and stereotypical shonen fightan series, like Naruto, Bleach, SAO and whatever else having their worst elements mashed together. Zeno is the MC of the resulting dreck (always talking about cliche "I gotta protect my friends" bull and stealing spotlight despite being only an NPC), and Echo is the female lead (read: annoying and useless). That's how it feels like.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Jun 17, 2014 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That story quest feels like 2-3 seperate quests mushed into one. Because of that, it is both too long and rushed at the same time.

At least we got a few cool scenes out of it, even if (as usual for PSO2 writing) the dumb ones outnumber them.

Now for spoilers:

Zeno joins the Council of Six? Really? Really? I thought he just gets a Genesis.

I mean, shit. I can't be the only one who thinks Zeno and Echo are annoying wastes of space that drag the whole plot down just by being there, can I? They're just so... think of the most cliche and stereotypical shonen fightan series, like Naruto, Bleach, SAO and whatever else having their worst elements mashed together. Zeno is the MC of the resulting dreck (always talking about cliche "I gotta protect my friends" bull and stealing spotlight despite being only an NPC), and Echo is the female lead (read: annoying and useless). That's how it feels like.
    I actually find Zeno pretty interesting since unlike other "pratagonists" of that type he's relatively level headed and mature.

You can talk about him stealing the spotlight for showing up at the last minute to be a badass or whatever, but don't forget that by that point in the story the player character is a time traveling agent for some sort of transient space shota out to defeat the corrupt and power hungry leader of the ARKS. Zeno doesn't feel like a protagonist at all based on the scale.

On Echo, she's pretty sterotypical but she's getting character development that characters of her type usually don't get. While things are going slow I usually prefer to sit things out for stories like this before judging the characters too harsly because a lot of the time they're SUPPOSED to be kind of annoying and grow out of it as the story progresses. If, by the time the main plot is over (assuming it ends) the characters are still stuck in stasis then I'll be more inclined to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by UMVC3_Wolverine View Post

And then later on in Episode 2 you do the city mission again and this time things are a bit different and you go down a path and save Ulc before she is executed by darkers.

The problem with Zeno is that whenever he's onscreen during a cutscene, he's the one doing the fighting - and the player character stands in the background and does nothing. Dude! I am the MC, I do all the heavy lifting here! At least let me do something.
    Also we're supposed to treat his entrance in the latest story quest as some grand rescue, "hooray senpai came to save us", but I sighed and predicted he'll steal spotlight again, and I was right. And once again, joining the Council of Six? What did he do to deserve that?

Echo gets character development in ep 2, but it's all because of Zeno. She does stuff because Zeno did it. She remains an accessory to him and all she does is motivated only by Zeno. Girl! Hunter isn't even a good class, why did you switch from Force? Oh right, Zeno.
    And as the story quest shows, she's still useless so all that development was completely pointless.