Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IS IT AN MMO?

It's about as much of an MMO as WoW would be if you removed everything except the starting town. Every instance would use the dungeon finder and teleport you directly there and back.

No open world PVP, or rather no open world period, no camping respawns on field bosses since there are no fields to begin with, and there's no way to actively run any content with anyone who isn't in the same party or raid as you. Even within the exact same town as everyone else since it's the only one in the game, you won't see more than 10% of the online population.

Basically it would be a custom WC3 map.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    who fucking cares?
    I think you care.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

Pretty sure the "massive" in MMORPG simply refers to a virtual space that any more than some hundred of people can be logged in to at one time.

How many people you specifically can play and defeat monsters in a personal space with at any one point in time isn't really relevant.

who fucking cares?
    So goddamn edgy I think I cut my eyeballs just reading it.

Anyway, PSO2 is an Online Roleplaying Game. Nothing "massive" about it, truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It's about as much of an MMO as WoW would be if you removed everything except the starting town. Every instance would use the dungeon finder and teleport you directly there and back.

No open world PVP, or rather no open world period, no camping respawns on field bosses since there are no fields to begin with, and there's no way to actively run any content with anyone who isn't in the same party or raid as you. Even within the exact same town as everyone else since it's the only one in the game, you won't see more than 10% of the online population.

Basically it would be a custom WC3 map.
    Sometimes I wish PSO2 would share similarities, mainly world exploration as apposed to PSU's Linear mapping, or the usual world zones. We need more larger explorable and interact-able lobbies

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Pretty sure the "massive" in MMORPG simply refers to a virtual space that any more than some hundred of people can be logged in to at one time.

How many people you specifically can play and defeat monsters in a personal space with at any one point in time isn't really relevant.
    hey zitzo, long time no see. how you doin mate
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

It's played Massively.
    It has Multiplayer.
    It's Online.
    It's a Role
    Playing
    Game.

It's not open world, but so is Vindictus and people aren't chewing at each other for that.
    Or Dragon Nest.
    Or Lunia. Does anybody remember Lunia?

No. I don't want over 50 million players in my screen. My computer can barely handle PSO2.

And now, there IS server-wide cooperation. Have you forgot about falz yet?
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Nothing "massive" about it, truthfully.
    The scale of it!

We travel both time and space to do our missions, and we've fought Elder who originally is as big as a planet.
    Most MMOs only take place on a single planet, with rather small monsters in comparison to Elder's full size.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

it's not an MMORPG.

it's an MMOARPG! : D

So is this going to be able the semantics of "Massive" or just being stubborn about your stance on something pointless in general.

But yeah who cares, this game is just a clone of a game, that's a clone of a game that took major influences from a game that stole ideas from PSO that stole ideas from diablo or some shit. The importance is at the bottom of the foodchain within it's own series.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyfei View Post
    Sometimes I wish PSO2 would share similarities, mainly world exploration as apposed to PSU's Linear mapping, or the usual world zones. We need more larger explorable and interact-able lobbies
    Interactable? Yes.
    Although we have "My room's" for that.
    Larger? no.