Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 Clone

Why we wait for the servers to come online anytime soon, what are so good games that are similar to Phantasy star online 2; that we can play to pass the time away. Meaning for example like character creations, magic, weapons, and stuff like that a game that is almost and similar to Phantasy star online 2. It can be online or offline game, it doesn't matter as long as it is similar to Phantasy star online 2, you like maybe Phantasy star Universe Thank you and think about my preaching methods of the Phantasy Star onLine bible 2

You can try Tera. The combat is great in it but once you hit lvl cap it gets very very boring.

None.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    None.
    unfortunate truth.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamondx View Post
    good games
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondx View Post
    Phantasy star online 2
    pffff

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Tera is a 50GB 25GB download, and 25GB to unpack so you'll need 50GB of HDD free. Good luck with your ISP data limits. O/

Hmm, well lets look as my game list...Many of these games may only share a slight similarity with PSO2 but they should all be in a 3rd person view or you can play in a 3rd person view. Also keep in mind the steam summer sale is going on atm and you may be able to pick up some of these games for low prices. Not all the games I list are on steam fyi ( ie. Mass Effect 3)

Defiance
    Skyrim
    Fable (1, 2, and/or 3)
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Global Agenda
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Lost Planet
    Lost Planet 2
    Lost Planet 3
    Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3)
    Remember Me
    Tomb Raider (the newest one)
    Warframe (F2P if you like PSO2 there's a good chance you will like this one as well)
    The Witcher game series
    Vindictus (F2P)
    Dragon Nest (F2P)
    FireFall (F2P)
    ZMR (Zombies Monsters Robots, in CBT atm and is basicaly a F2P re-skinned Gears of War)
    Dragon Age ( any version, though you might not like the combat as its a little bit point-and-click mmo Cool down like)
    DC Universe Online ( create your own hero )

Dark Souls 2 (don't own it but the PC port is much better than Dark Souls)

Hope this list helps
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Tera is a 50GB 25GB download, and 25GB to unpack so you'll need 50GB of HDD free. Good luck with your ISP data limits. O/
    does the CD ver of Tera even work with tera rising?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Yes but the launcher is outdated and will require you to replace a file or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Noc Codez View Post
    You can try Tera. The combat is great in it but once you hit lvl cap it gets very very boring.
    Yeah, TERA's action gameplay is pretty good, but slow paced. Although its still pretty much nothing like PSO2's quick gameplay.
    I agree though, at level cap there isn't much to do. My friends all quit around Lv30~40, so I had to go through end-game solo or with PUGs; this definitely hurt the lacking end-game even further for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    does the CD ver of Tera even work with tera rising?
    DVD can work, but you'll only install the vanilla client, and then it'll have to patch up to current. So yeah your pretty much downloading the whole game over again.

And... ISP data limits... isn't that the exception rather than the rule? I would imagine most people in an English community to be in America, which most ISPs IIRC lack a data limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye-Fox713 View Post
    Hmm, well lets look as my game list...
    Spoiler!
    Hope this list helps
    I won't pretend to know all of the games on your list... but many of them look like FPS games.
    I mean, I know PSO2 has FPS aiming mode, and 4 ranged weapons... but it's a bit of a stretch to call them similar.

Demon/Dark Soul series are way too slow (even slower than TERA) to be anywhere close to PSO2-like. (Although I do recommend to play through them if it looks like a series that would interest you. IMO each sequential game gets worse tho, so I consider Demon Souls the best of the 3)

From a quick glance, on your list I would say that Dragon Nest looks the most similar combat-wise.
    Other terrible F2P MMOs with an action feel could include Onigiri.
    Yet still, these aren't quite a "PSO2 Clone"