Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Regarding Error 816

Got messages from loads of team members that they were given error 816 upon trying to log in. Some are believing this is a permanent ban, which it is not.
    Well, the account has been banned (which is why a 8XX error message is prompted), but only temporarily.
    Then, why did the ban occur? I can't say for sure, but I believe it's because of the drastic IP changes (it only occurred to those using VPNs yesterday).

Those who are getting this message also should have received a mail with a lot of information (in Japanese, of course).
    This mail clearly specifies that the account has been temporarily banned due to suspected illegal use of the account/password, meaning they suspect someone else is logging in to your account trying to steal all your stuff. Hence, many accounts were automatically locked for security reasons.

Further down in the mail, SEGA is amiably asking for you to contact them so that they can lift the ban.
    I guess I could help most of you guys out with this, if you don't know what to write to them. Let me know by posting in this thread, and I will try and help out as soon as I can.

Here's how to fill out the form:
    Spoiler!

Google Translated version can be found here.
    Make sure your mail looks the same, so you can make sure it's the same in your case.

Also, keep in mind that the SEGA support can take up to 3 working days to reply to the mail.
    Last edited by Meji; Jun 28, 2014 at 07:02 AM.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

My only question regard this 816 is that, why would they suspend you (error 6xx) or whatever and then change your account to 816 and still would make it be a "temporary" measure.
    Ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyKiller View Post
    My only question regard this 816 is that, why would they suspend you (error 6xx) or whatever and then change your account to 816 and still would make it be a "temporary" measure.
    No clue. That's something you're gonna have to ask SEGA yourself. This is the reason the support exist in the first place.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

I understand, I also believe the email you are speaking off here is an email sent for the suspension (error 606 or 6xx, cant remember) and not for 816, maybe they are just assuming people are foreigners due to account info and just ban them.
    Ignition.

Some people don't deserve the ban. Best of luck to you guys.

likely to many IPS sets off a flag it's litterally saying you don't want anybody to know who you are so for all they know your account could have been stolen

or you could be a hacker they likely have an automatic program that bans an account after x amount of IPS
    and they likely check those accounts to see if you have hacked your character

im not saying you are but these are generally the reasons that MMO companys in japan do things like this call it safety pre cautions
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

There is probably only a minority of foreign folks who will go through the process of trying to contact SEGA through Japanese...what's worse is you may be inviting suspicion on your account depending on if you faked your account details (which any foreigner must have done).

I have a feeling that this is looking like a bad situation for the foreign community on JP-PSO2 :/

Natural selection doing a fine job. No offense
    Know the risks of free-access VPNs next time

I too believe its a flaw with free VPN's as I know people using paid vpn's to get online and change their info and still havent been banned, but, as with all things right now, we wont know for sure 'till they give out any kind of statement or we simply put time limits on how long are we willing to wait for them to actually do anything.
    Ignition.

Is this related to Error #674?

I never logged in with a proxy, however on any attempt I get this error. It is accompanied by a generic "Issues connecting" error. Not sure if the proxy is blocked or if my account is blocked, or if its something else entirely.