Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

Few questions before i try this method:

1. Can you remove your credit (debit?) card after registering with the service and paying the initial fee, or do you have to keep your account connected to your bank at al times? I'm kinda paranoid about having an open end on my money where i dont know if its draining

2. What do you do when the 30 day trial for proxycap ends?

3. Do you need to route the tweaker through it? Tweaker states it does not require VPN.

4. Will it only route the programs you specified through the VPN? so i can play PSO2, but browse chrome for example on my home network.

5. How troublesome is it to keep opening it and setting it up when you want to play?

Thanks
    Zerexes - 70 Hu / 70 Fi / 70 Br / 70 Ra / 70 Gu / 20 Fo / 40 Te / 54 Bo
    SHIP 7

I don't see much in the way of lag in general. I can see some spikes, where the damage appears a second or two after the attack. Otherwise the VPN connection I have is quite stable. I share VPN too since I set it up for two people, and there is very little difference with both of us playing.
    The biggest difference that I could think of is that I am awkward and I set up a VPN without following any instructions around. Since I have enough working knowledge of Windows Server, I set mine up using a Windows Server image. This would mean that it is tough to directly compare performance because the server software is different.

@Zerex

1. AWS gives a billing page so you can see exactly how much has been used. I don't know if you can just remove the details though.

2. No idea, since I'm not using that method. I set up a VPN server on one of those servers and I'm connecting through a private VPN. This doesn't require proxycap.

3. Nope, the tweaker will run perfectly fine on a regular connection. It most likely uses some other method to route.

4. The proxycap method allowed you to disconnect right after you got your connection to PSO2. This meant that any new connections would go through your regular internet connection. VPNs have something called a split tunnel, this means that you are able to split the traffic so that only what you want goes through the VPN and everything else will go through your regular internet connection.

5. This can range from not troublesome to slightly annoying, but you can get PSO2 up very quickly no matter what method you use.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Aug 18, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

I don't see much in the way of lag in general. I can see some spikes, where the damage appears a second or two after the attack. Otherwise the VPN connection I have is quite stable. I share VPN too since I set it up for two people, and there is very little difference with both of us playing.
    The biggest difference that I could think of is that I am awkward and I set up a VPN without following any instructions around. Since I have enough working knowledge of Windows Server, I set mine up using a Windows Server image. This would mean that it is tough to directly compare performance because the server software is different.
    That sounds very very different from my setup. I get huge lags of over 1 minute when I'm in a full block 12 player quest, rendering the game unplayable. Indeed your setup seems very different from mine. Am I correct in assuming that you're not using the Amazon servers? Also what region are you located? I'm in Sweden, which maybe one of the reasons for the lag.

Default help

Im know this was a faq on the first page, but wanted to make sure it was ok to leave proxycap running and not disable it at the char select screen? If i disable proxycap i ssem to disconnect as soon as i try to accept a quest or go to my room. If i leave proxycap enabled i do not disconnect. want to make sure leaving proxycap open wont hurt anything or cause me to pay?
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by CoolCast; Aug 18, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanamin View Post
    That sounds very very different from my setup. I get huge lags of over 1 minute when I'm in a full block 12 player quest, rendering the game unplayable. Indeed your setup seems very different from mine. Am I correct in assuming that you're not using the Amazon servers? Also what region are you located? I'm in Sweden, which maybe one of the reasons for the lag.
    I am actually using the Amazon servers. I am also from the UK, and I am very likely to play at the Japanese peak times too.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCast View Post
    Im know this was a faq on the first page, but wanted to make sure it was ok to leave proxycap running and not disable it at the char select screen? If i disable proxycap i ssem to disconnect as soon as i try to accept a quest or go to my room. If i leave proxycap enabled i do not disconnect. want to make sure leaving proxycap open wont hurt anything or cause me to pay?
    thanks in advance
    The steps that you follow to set proxycap up limits it to only forward traffic coming from pso2.exe and related processes. So no, there shouldn't be any real harm in leaving it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    @Zerex

1. AWS gives a billing page so you can see exactly how much has been used. I don't know if you can just remove the details though.

2. No idea, since I'm not using that method. I set up a VPN server on one of those servers and I'm connecting through a private VPN. This doesn't require proxycap.

3. Nope, the tweaker will run perfectly fine on a regular connection. It most likely uses some other method to route.

4. The proxycap method allowed you to disconnect right after you got your connection to PSO2. This meant that any new connections would go through your regular internet connection. VPNs have something called a split tunnel, this means that you are able to split the traffic so that only what you want goes through the VPN and everything else will go through your regular internet connection.

5. This can range from not troublesome to slightly annoying, but you can get PSO2 up very quickly no matter what method you use.
    Thanks for the answers, Im getting close to actually using it now

My second question is still open if anyone else could answer it for me.
    Zerexes - 70 Hu / 70 Fi / 70 Br / 70 Ra / 70 Gu / 20 Fo / 40 Te / 54 Bo
    SHIP 7

I don't know if this has been asked or not. But is there a way to use this method so that you can connect with a Vita?

Omega/ Ship 2 Member of Team Gun Valkyrie
    Feel Free to Visit -> http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Just curious about ProxyCap, how will we know when the 30-day limit has been reached? Will it give us a warning or something? I kind of don't want to try to log in one day and suddenly get a massive "stop" sign because of it XD

When ProxyCap reaches it's limit of the 30-day trial it will de-activate and give you a pop-up message saying the trial as ended.
    You can, however, uninstall it, clean the registry, and re-install it to re-use the 30-day trial (if not mistaken...)
    That and... "the other method"...
    v4.20. That's all I will say.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

One other quick question for this; If I were to buy ProxyCap, would everything stay as it is or will I have to set up the program like before?