Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
    Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Um ........ if I use proxy for PSO2 Launcher, will it's update will be gone through proxy too? I can open the launcher and download, just unable to see the news if I don't use proxy

Oh right, Proxifier also works =] I'm using Proxifier now =]

Thank you for the guide xD
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

how do i fix this noise, it's been messing with me for the past hour and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasy Hero View Post
    how do i fix this noise, it's been messing with me for the past hour and a half
    I haven't had a single issue with this set up for more than a month. However, after a series of windows update last night, I've been getting the quoted error from Putty numerous times. My guess is that one of the security updates raised an conflict with Putty.

All I can say is to either rollback to a point before the windows update, or try out the AWS VPN setup. I personally rolled back hoping for an updated version of Putty, until I have enough time to setup the VPN server.

Run the "sudo yum update" perhaps?

Also, have you ever downloaded any large amount of data with your AWS?

Wasn't sure if this is the best place to ask... but here's hoping.
    Is it possible to split tunnel with AWS on an Android phone? I use split tunneling to play PSO2 on PC and I was wondering if the same could be done on a Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Yamashii View Post
    Wasn't sure if this is the best place to ask... but here's hoping.
    Is it possible to split tunnel with AWS on an Android phone? I use split tunneling to play PSO2 on PC and I was wondering if the same could be done on a Galaxy S5
    To be honest, I would edge more on the side of no. Phones tend to be more locked down than PCs, so unless you can find something to access the phone's routing table then it is unlikely.
    Of course, don't take this as a definitive no. I'm not that familiar with what is available on android after all.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Aug 15, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

So I have set up the VPN server, and I'm rather disappointed with the end result.

First of all the SSH setup had no issues for more than a month, except for the occasional lag (enemies and friends not moving for about a minute). However with the VPN setup, the lag eventually develops into a disconnection error 630. I've been getting 630 maybe 3 times a day with the VPN setup, while with the SSH setup, I get no disconnection (while it was working).

Has anyone out there have a solution for this extreme lag and disconnection?

Am I the only one experiencing this lag? Would upgrading my PC or lowering my PSO2 settings circumvent this problem?

BTW, I play in SH with only Japanese people, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any input on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nanamin View Post
    So I have set up the VPN server, and I'm rather disappointed with the end result.

First of all the SSH setup had no issues for more than a month, except for the occasional lag (enemies and friends not moving for about a minute). However with the VPN setup, the lag eventually develops into a disconnection error 630. I've been getting 630 maybe 3 times a day with the VPN setup, while with the SSH setup, I get no disconnection (while it was working).

Has anyone out there have a solution for this extreme lag and disconnection?

Am I the only one experiencing this lag? Would upgrading my PC or lowering my PSO2 settings circumvent this problem?

BTW, I play in SH with only Japanese people, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any input on this topic.
    The biggest question is, have you set up split tunnelling or do you route everything through the VPN connection? The SSH method only routed the PSO2 traffic through the tunnel, if you aren't doing the same with the VPN connection then the extra traffic could be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    The biggest question is, have you set up split tunnelling or do you route everything through the VPN connection? The SSH method only routed the PSO2 traffic through the tunnel, if you aren't doing the same with the VPN connection then the extra traffic could be the reason.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually had a slightly different setup in the SSH method. I used proxifier and routed all traffic through the tunnel. With the current VPN setup, I haven't setup the routing table, so both the SSH and VPN setup should be similar.

I will eventually try the split tunneling, but with my PC, I doubt that it will have much influence. I don't have any applications other than PSO2 (and what PSO2 requires) installed on the PC, and I have automatic windows update disabled, so there really shouldn't be much traffic other than PSO2.

Do you experience lags as well? Have you seen any difference before and after you've setup the routing table?