Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Damn, the other day I just spent a bit of money renting out a Japanese VPS to set up my own VPN so I can get my fix until this whole mess gets sorted out, as I figured that would probably involve the lowest risk of getting IP banned. Looks like I could have saved myself a few bucks. Those prices are pretty damn good.... what's the speed like?

I might have to try this...

Quote Originally Posted by Limni View Post
    Updated the guide to use Amazon Linux ($0.012/h) instead of Red Hat Enterprise($0.08/h). Misread the prices ><.

If you currently have a Red Hat instance you should be good for a free year but incase of the worse scenario and the Backbone null routing still exists please start a new instance with Amazon Linux.
    Oh, woah. I didn't launch mine with RH Linux due to always launching Amazon Linux instead out of habit. Sorry for not reading your instructions closer and catching that for you earlier.

But is this amazon method good? i might give it a try myself
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jul 2, 2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: edit

But moving on has anyone had any success with this connection method?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jul 2, 2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: edit

I've got an alternate account I made very recently and it's only been logged into Japan VPN's. (2 Different VPNs to be specific) I'd assume that it's okay to have 2 VPNs from the same region implied to your log in history, although one of those log in histories to that other VPN was a mistake. Other than that I've been sticking to one VPN. Now here's my question, would I be safer if I continue to use that VPN for however long or should I try and use this method? I'm simply trying to keep away from putting myself on the edge of any kind of ban here.

Quote Originally Posted by _mist View Post
    I've got an alternate account I made very recently and it's only been logged into Japan VPN's. (2 Different VPNs to be specific) I'd assume that it's okay to have 2 VPNs from the same region implied to your log in history, although one of those log in histories to that other VPN was a mistake. Other than that I've been sticking to one VPN. Now here's my question, would I be safer if I continue to use that VPN for however long or should I try and use this method? I'm simply trying to keep away from putting myself on the edge of any kind of ban here.
    i have been pondering the same question in my head but i look at it like this i'm not gonna worry about vpn's and all that in general until after tonight's maintenance it's like everyone here on the forum is saying we need to let this connection problem go for now and just not worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by MegaRocker1987 View Post
    i have been pondering the same question in my head but i look at it like this i'm not gonna worry about vpn's and all that in general until after tonight's maintenance it's like everyone here on the forum is saying we need to let this connection problem go for now and just not worry about it
    Why do I feel offended...

im sorry if i did that wasnt my intention

because everyone is being extremely impatient and risking themselves getting an account ban using a VPN instead of waiting till tonight?