Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Quote Originally Posted by SLY_J View Post
    Sweet glazed rappy on a stick, do you really think there's a giant conspiracy to keep you from playing the game? Furthermore, who's "they"? What do "they" know that "they" aren't telling us? Are you suggesting that "they" know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it and aren't saying anything? PSO-World is not some sort of super secret SEGA council of evil. It's a fan site. Run by fans just like you.

Do you honestly think that every single person who manages to connect to PSO2 right now is some sort of magical networking IT guru holding a piece to the puzzle and refusing to disclose it due to some aimless unprovoked sense of malice? Most people who can connect right now merely have a different ISP. The majority of them don't know the first thing about networking and wouldn't even know where to start. It's not that they won't help. It's that they can't help. Expecting them all to pitch in to help solve this is like walking into a hospital and expecting every single human being in the building to be a brain surgeon. It's silly.

Firstly, if you don't give a damn about their enjoyment, why should they give a damn about yours? Secondly, are you seriously trying to threaten "them" with a never ending stream of complaints and harassment? That's called whining, and it's not just silly. It's juvenile.

I have AT&T too so I get your frustration. But you guys need to calm down and understand that we're all victims of circumstance here, not some sort of dark backroom conspiracy. We're just collateral damage, plain and simple. Above all else, remember that you aren't alone in this, and everybody else here really does care. Those who can, are doing everything in their power to help, whether it's posting tracerts or writing guides on a multitude of methods for bypassing the problem until it gets solved. Speaking of which:

Using a VPN: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610
    Using Pingzapper: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220216
    Using an Amazon EC2 Server (This is what I use and highly recommend): http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

People ARE trying to help. You aren't being ignored, and you certainly aren't being forgotten.
    I wasn't threatening them with complaints, sounded like it yes, but I never said any of the harassment was going to be coming from me.

Also, yes I said that, because obviously, that's the logic of the people who are able to play without a vpn that is being used no doubt. They could care less about the people who aren't as lucky right? I'm not gonna be some idiot who's going to be pointlessly optimistic and say: "I'm sure they're doing all they can. They're so lucky." Hell no, that's never gonna happen. I don't give a damn about their enjoyment simply because I'm pretty sure they never gave any about mine, or anyone elses for that matter.

Also, thanks for those links, but I'm already using a service to get myself in perfectly fine, all I want to do is used my much needed Make-up ticket so I can get the new ideal look I want, after that, waiting can be as long as they want it to be.

Yeah, sure, we're all victims of circumstance, collateral damage that just seems a bit too well fit for SEGA, if I wasn't balls to the wall retarded, dare I say SEGA Arranged for this crap just so they could do this and try and NOT make themselves look bad by saying: "Oh, we didn't block you out, but we're not allowed to help, because of our remade TOS to cater to certain folks." Honestly, I doubt this is anywhere near the truth, but I wouldn't be surprised by, some wacky events, it turned out to be.

The only thing I'm truly frustrated with: is company incompetence on BOTH sides. ISPs, and SEGA, well, not just SEGA, but Japan as a whole, but that's due to things not related to SEGA entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Star View Post
    I wasn't threatening them with complaints, sounded like it yes, but I never said any of the harassment was going to be coming from me.
    Fair enough, although I still don't see how complaints and harassment will help anyone, regardless of where it comes from.

Also, yes I said that, because obviously, that's the logic of the people who are able to play without a vpn that is being used no doubt. They could care less about the people who aren't as lucky right? I'm not gonna be some idiot who's going to be pointlessly optimistic and say: "I'm sure they're doing all they can. They're so lucky." Hell no, that's never gonna happen. I don't give a damn about their enjoyment simply because I'm pretty sure they never gave any about mine, or anyone elses for that matter.
    I'm not entirely sure where you're getting this from. While I'll fully admit there are probably a few players out there who think like that, the majority of players I've seen lament the fact that there's so few of us online these days. A great deal of us have several friends who can't connect because they're on other ISPs, and the fact that we can't play with them constantly makes the game harder to enjoy. I'd even go as far as to suggest that a few players are even suffering from a (very) mild case of Survivor Guilt: I've seen a few players who hop on to socialize, but don't do much of anything else besides TACOs because they feel bad playing without their friends.

Obviously that's not how everyone thinks, but this particular attitude is prevalent enough to warrant mentioning. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure if those players thought there was anything they could do to help their friends back online, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Also, thanks for those links, but I'm already using a service to get myself in perfectly fine, all I want to do is used my much needed Make-up ticket so I can get the new ideal look I want, after that, waiting can be as long as they want it to be.
    No problem, I just posted those because I suspected several people in the thread either weren't aware of the most prevalent methods of bypassing the problem, or hadn't bothered to give any of them a try yet.

Yeah, sure, we're all victims of circumstance, collateral damage that just seems a bit too well fit for SEGA, if I wasn't balls to the wall retarded, dare I say SEGA Arranged for this crap just so they could do this and try and NOT make themselves look bad by saying: "Oh, we didn't block you out, but we're not allowed to help, because of our remade TOS to cater to certain folks." Honestly, I doubt this is anywhere near the truth, but I wouldn't be surprised by, some wacky events, it turned out to be.
    Oh yes, the way Sega managed to Mr. Magoo themselves into such a favorable position is both hilarious and very slightly suspicious. Still, I can't imagine they planned for this. There's no reason to think they did this just to satiate a vocal minority of angry JP players. And yet...I can't help but feel a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

The only thing I'm truly frustrated with: is company incompetence on BOTH sides. ISPs, and SEGA, well, not just SEGA, but Japan as a whole, but that's due to things not related to SEGA entirely.
    Ah ok, from your first post I thought you were directing most of your ire at the community. That's what set me off. Sorry if I kinda came in acting like a jerk. I get defensive about the community here. This community is awesome and it bugs me when people unfairly use it as a scape doll.

EDIT: GOAT. I MEANT SCAPEGOAT.
    Last edited by SLY_J; Jul 16, 2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: freudian slip
    アダムス・ジェムス
    Ship 2 | James

Muffins of Evil! Muffins of Doom! Muffins exploding with a Ka-Boom! When the muffins attack, what will you do? Won't it be ironic when the muffins eat you?

Fair enough, although I still don't see how complaints and harassment will help anyone, regardless of where it comes from.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting this from. While I'll fully admit there are probably a few players out there who think like that, the majority of players I've seen lament the fact that there's so few of us online these days. A great deal of us have several friends who can't connect because they're on other ISPs, and the fact that we can't play with them constantly makes the game harder to enjoy. I'd even go as far as to suggest that a few players are even suffering from a (very) mild case of Survivor Guilt: I've seen a few players who hop on to socialize, but don't do much of anything else besides TACOs because they feel bad playing without their friends.

Obviously that's not how everyone thinks, but this particular attitude is prevalent enough to warrant mentioning. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure if those players thought there was anything they could do to help their friends back online, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

No problem, I just posted those because I suspected several people in the thread either weren't aware of the most prevalent methods of bypassing the problem, or hadn't bothered to give any of them a try yet.

Oh yes, the way Sega managed to Mr. Magoo themselves into such a favorable position is both hilarious and very slightly suspicious. Still, I can't imagine they planned for this. There's no reason to think they did this just to satiate a vocal minority of angry JP players. And yet...I can't help but feel a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

Ah ok, from your first post I thought you were directing most of your ire at the community. That's what set me off. Sorry if I kinda came in acting like a jerk. I get defensive about the community here. This community is awesome and it bugs me when people unfairly use it as a scape doll.

EDIT: GOAT. I MEANT SCAPEGOAT.

no, you meant scape doll.

and yes, this community is great honestly. A little rough at times, but still great nonetheless I wouldn't really get mad at this community, hell I don't even feel right playing without most of them in the background when I play. when I was on block 20 today, god it felt kinda... sad. Like it didn't help falz was coming up, but it just made it seem like falz went and killed half the population.

Sweet glazed rappy on a stick, do you really think there's a giant conspiracy to keep you from playing the game? Furthermore, who's "they"? What do "they" know that "they" aren't telling us? Are you suggesting that "they" know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it and aren't saying anything? PSO-World is not some sort of super secret SEGA council of evil. It's a fan site. Run by fans just like you.

Do you honestly think that every single person who manages to connect to PSO2 right now is some sort of magical networking IT guru holding a piece to the puzzle and refusing to disclose it due to some aimless unprovoked sense of malice? Most people who can connect right now merely have a different ISP. The majority of them don't know the first thing about networking and wouldn't even know where to start. It's not that they won't help. It's that they can't help. Expecting them all to pitch in to help solve this is like walking into a hospital and expecting every single human being in the building to be a brain surgeon. It's silly.
    Buddy calm down, I know you don't know me well, yet. But I was actually joking. And please, whenever you mention 'conspiracy' don't ever use it against me, EVER. I am no conspiracy theorist, nowhere near like those abominations. I may not be tech savvy, but surely I don't go posting obnoxious comments like "Yeah hahaha I knew it guys, see I told you, it was an IP block all this time hahaha". But anyway, let's just leave that behind us now. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Peace and love...

Anything from anyone...?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

no, you meant scape doll.

and yes, this community is great honestly. A little rough at times, but still great nonetheless I wouldn't really get mad at this community, hell I don't even feel right playing without most of them in the background when I play. when I was on block 20 today, god it felt kinda... sad. Like it didn't help falz was coming up, but it just made it seem like falz went and killed half the population.
    This community is a little rough? No no no no this community is very rough and easy to make panic in also its great to walk through B20 and not see any lobby trash taking up space but it seems their numbers are starting to go up again and would be nice to log them out. Trust me if I had the power to do it I'd had taken care of those 3-5 idlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    This community is a little rough? No no no no this community is very rough and easy to make panic in also its great to walk through B20 and not see any lobby trash taking up space but it seems their numbers are starting to go up again and would be nice to log them out. Trust me if I had the power to do it I'd had taken care of those 3-5 idlers.
    Wow. Such douchey-ness