Question How to connect online on Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast? There is always some serv

Hello! I have a question. How to connect to pso on the dreamcast? There are still servers?
    Please help me.
    What is to be a hunter if it doesn't hunt on Ragol?
    .................................................. .............................................
    Killian>HUmar>YELLOWBOZE>lvl 30>mag:Marutah>lvl 41.

The official servers have been down for a long time now. There are private servers, but it is against the PSO-World terms of service to explain on the board how to connect to them. However, if someone knows how to, they can try to contact you via private message to help you get onto them.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

There are several servers that allow v2 players to connect, this mainly happens because the software was made with that in mind, if they use then they alow v2 players.
    The majority is empty, search google for sylv***** that is your best bet really

It's been almost 10 years OP, for PSO ver1. I'm really sorry you missed out.

BB was the last and most recent version to have its servers closed down.

There are no official PS-anything Online games in the west as of right now.

Also the Dreamcast was SEGA's final console and was met with a discontinuation owing to SEGA getting slammed by the N64, and combined with low sales from the Dreamcasts predecessor, the Saturn, and then met a point of no return shortly after the Playstation was released. In order to preserve themselves, they became third party developers.

While there are private servers, they are slowly dying out due to the game simply being incredibly old.
    Last edited by Mystil; Jul 10, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Thank you for your help! I think continue in offline!
    What is to be a hunter if it doesn't hunt on Ragol?
    .................................................. .............................................
    Killian>HUmar>YELLOWBOZE>lvl 30>mag:Marutah>lvl 41.

i have played pso for dc on private servers like a year ago. let me start off by saying odds are youll be playing alone or with 1 or 2 people on the rare occasion. odds are theyll be playing psopc not dc but pc version of pso is full of graphical bugs. if you want to play psodc you will want to invest in a broadband adapter and maybe a vga box. its best to look into playing psobb. you can play psobb offline or online very easily. this is your best option for pso is psobb on pc online or offline. i play psobb offline when i play pso these days so i dont play on third party servers but i use their server software to play offline and its VERY easy. if you simply must play on dreamcast i recommend you stick to offline. its a novelty to play online but i did do it and it was fun but cost me overall a few 100 bucks. psobb offline mode is my end result.

Quote Originally Posted by UltWPn View Post
    i have played pso for dc on private servers like a year ago. let me start off by saying odds are youll be playing alone or with 1 or 2 people on the rare occasion. odds are theyll be playing psopc not dc but pc version of pso is full of graphical bugs. if you want to play psodc you will want to invest in a broadband adapter and maybe a vga box. its best to look into playing psobb. you can play psobb offline or online very easily. this is your best option for pso is psobb on pc online or offline. i play psobb offline when i play pso these days so i dont play on third party servers but i use their server software to play offline and its VERY easy. if you simply must play on dreamcast i recommend you stick to offline. its a novelty to play online but i did do it and it was fun but cost me overall a few 100 bucks. psobb offline mode is my end result.
    I must say that is pretty much accurate, it's rare that i see comments like these.
    You nailed the most important stuff, including costs and if the effort pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by UltWPn View Post
    you can play psobb offline or online very easily. this is your best option for pso is psobb on pc online or offline. i play psobb offline when i play pso these days so i dont play on third party servers but i use their server software to play offline and its VERY easy.
    I was going to come in and say that offline play on Blue Burst isn't possible as all BB's save data is locked to the server you're playing on rather than being client-side.

Having said that, it's not really that hard to track down the required software to host a server on your own system for DC, PC, GC or even Blue Burst, but sadly we can't get into specifics on doing that publicly. I will admit, however, that I use that software to have a LAN game of PSO with a friend (both of us on Gamecubes) every week or two.