Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default what really is happening

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r293...ine-2-servers-

if you don't feel like reading then basically Sega has a New route to PSO2 and almost every ISP hasn't been told about the route so you can't connect until Sega makes the route public to ISPS
    to live you must kill something for food whether it be a plant or an animal all life depends on the cycle of death.
    "Life is a fleeting dream but Death is eternal"

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Your post doesn't assume the worst. Prepare for your post to be buried.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

So Sega needs to step up and let other ISPs know about the new route, or else we have to try and convince our internet service providers to take the band aid method of manually set a route to the destination IP?

Man... I wonder if anyone at At & T would even be willing to set up a manual route...

May as well post the other two threads on dslreports that also say pretty much the same thing.

In one of these even the network engineers as DSLExtreme say that this is the cause.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r293...cannot-connect
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r293...-star-online-2
    Last edited by Keiko_Seisha; Jul 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Here comes a big one! SJRKnowledge96's Avatar

So, in essence, all of us across the world (including us British, for which it'll be incredibly difficult) need to convince our ISPs to find the new route?
    Yes, the one with the Ship02 fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Your post doesn't assume the worst. Prepare for your post to be buried.
    It basically says the same thing, though. Even though the people in the DSLReports thread and the OP say "you can't connect until Sega makes the route public to ISPS", the end result is the same as an IP block.

SEGA may never publish it and the fact that SEGA considers the error resolved already, don't hold your breath on any other resolution coming from them on this matter.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

IF Verizon is available in your area:

Call your current provider and threaten to swith to Verizon if they don't hook it up.

Long shot, but worth a shot.

CALL ON!
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

Prepare your tools to connect to PSO2 people cause SEGA isn't publishing that new route anytime soon.

I don't quite think it's Yahoo JP that's blocking us, mostly because they don't have any links to any foreign ASes except for Hurricane Electric.

http://bgp.he.net/AS4694#_graph4

For the record, AS4694, or Yahoo Japan's AS, is managing the routes for the PSO2 servers. The route is established from there, and is propagated out through the graph through each directed edge.

From what I can tell, the routes we are not getting blocked through are going through KDDI (AS2497). This includes Verizon (AS701), and should theoretically include Sprint (AS1239), Deutsche Telecom (AS3320), Telecom Italia (AS6762), Tinet SPA (AS3257) (Testing required for all), and should also provide a link to one of Level 3's AS (AS3356), although I don't think that route has propagated as of yet (Although since KDDI is letting their route propagate through Verizon, there is a chance, although I am not sure of the odds, that this route might open up.)

Coincidentally, they are NOT blocking AS6939, which is Hurricane Electric. (I can confirm this because my school goes through HE's backhone and is able to connect just fine.) This makes it somewhat clear that we might not be getting filtered directly by SEGA's AS.

The rest of us, however? We have exactly one path according to this chart: AS2914, which is run by NTT Telecommunications.

I personally believe them to be the current source, since as many people have said both here and Reddit, that their paths were previously shuffling through NTT. However, it's clear to me that the route is still being propagated, which means there are still holes that could open up elsewhere. (I think the reason that some Comcast customers were getting through for a bit was because they were managing to pull a route through KDDI for a period of time.)

Most likely entity to contact regarding the block would be NTT, since most, if not all of the major backbone providers go through them.

I've actually learned quite a bit about internet topography from this whole crisis. It's been very enlightening as to what has been going on.

Sega doesn't share new route to non-japanese ISP, my Belgian ISP could connect anyway without a single time-out or error.

Someone explain this shit.

Edit: nvm, didn't see Tau's post, makes more sense now. Someone give him a medal, feels good to read a competent person on psow.
    Last edited by Ordy; Jul 10, 2014 at 04:02 PM.