Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

I think you do, actually. Got like 60 extra EXP from Goldrahdas even in the AIS.

You gonna try a Lucky Rise set or something?
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Thought of something that might be useful, but needs to be confirmed.

Could someone please try equipping a +EXP weapon before summoning an A.I.S, and then check if you get more EXP?
    Considering lucky rise and omen most likely work I would assume they do.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Random note: Make sure that every tower has at least 1 person staying there who has the ability to draw aggro. Too many times have I been crystal gathering and come upon a base (that was previously at full health) at 1/4th health thanks to an untended Decol Malluda using its shotgun attack on it cause nobody was there.

This should be basic Mining Base 101, but what with Invasion turning into spawn camping and in Intrusion everyone is up front protecting walls and not bases, it seems like everyone's forgotten.

I've been in a few failures of mpas of competent players who seem to forget that you have to PROTECT THE BASES
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Thanks for checking the EXP thing, Unlucky.
    The JP swiki didn't seem to have anyone talking about whether weapon affixes affect the AIS.
    A JP friend told me that stances don't affect the AIS, though. They said Fury Stance wore off during AIS, and there wasn't a damage difference.

I guess the game really does consider the EXP boost from weapons to be separate from weapon affixes.
    Although we haven't tested whether weapon affixes affect AIS... but I doubt they do.

I have a lucky drop set, but I'm more interested in the EXP. TD3 seems to give the most EXP out of anything, assuming people actually finish each wave on time.
    Lately, most runs I've been in keep running out of time without killing the bosses or most of the enemies. We still win at the end, but it's not much EXP.
    If I recall correctly, I jumped from 55 to 59 in one of the TD3s I was in.
    Still came in at around 2nd place, too. That's one of the great things about TD3, you can still be a strong contributor at minimum level.

1. Camp boss spawns
    2. Tag every boss at spawn
    3. Apply common sense and announce when you're going to use your AIS
    4. ???
    5. 8 S rank pugs in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    1. Camp boss spawns
    2. Tag every boss at spawn
    3. Apply common sense and announce when you're going to use your AIS
    4. ???
    5. 8 S rank pugs in a row.
    I'd do 1 and 2, but every time I do, we never have 7k by final wave.

As for the EXP thing, don't forget that we had a 150% boost from boost week happening. Expect the loss of that to slow things down a bit.

I meant relatively. As far as I can tell, the potential gains are higher than any other quest.

In wave 6 or so, as time's running out, the game likes to simultaneously spawn large packs of Goldradas at North, East and West.
    These tend to really screw with towers at the last moment. A few ways to deal with it:
    1. Have a few people with AIS at the end of that wave. Most seem to use it at the start and lose it before these final packs spawn.
    2. Leave some stray enemies so that the game won't spawn more.
    3. Have people camping at North, East and West and somehow tag all of them before they get anywhere near the tower.
    4. Have super strong people stationed at every tower, preferably with Zondeel, and just kill them. Risky.

I think I need to add a section clarifying what people should do when in an AiS.
    Still seeing a lot of people hop into an AIS and take off to god knows where, leaving towers to be destroyed, leaving infected towers up, leaving walls up, leaving fighter planes to kill everyone.

In order of priority:
    1. Kill trash enemies near towers/bases <-- I recommend using shift+left click, but shift+right click probably works too. 2 to freeze large groups.
    2. Tag bosses and move away from towers/bases <- Shift+left click does this well.
    3. Destroy tower/base infections <- I use shift+left click.
    4. Destroy Infected Fighter Planes <-- A well placed shift+right click sometimes does 90% damage.
    5. Destroy Darker Walls <- I use shift+left click again.
    6. Destroy Infected Socket Towers <- Shift+left click again.
    7. Collect Crystals <- Dash as often as possible.
    8. Kill bosses <- Shift+left click again.

If anyone has better suggestions, please let me know.

I've adopted a strategy of using an AIS if the timer is at less than 30 seconds and there are still lots of Goldradas at towers, with nobody using an AIS.
    I saved a few runs that way. 30 seconds is enough time to clear out at least 3 towers.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Missile spam is nice, but the sword attack does way more damage and costs less pp. The third sword hit is very strong, I think I've seen myself do close to 200k with it to Dark Vibras. I usually just spam missiles while on the move, and spam sword when a ton of enemies are close together or if I'm near a tower. Dash attack for infected towers, but missiles work fine for that too.