Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

AIS cannon sweep around the field is good for scattered amounts of thick mobs when they just start pouring in from all three spawn spots, esp since most people are all too eager to attack swarms.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    -snip-
    You can regen PP by shooting at towers.

Yes.

Anyway, I added some class strategy stuff.
    Techer and Braver still aren't finished.

Ugh. I wish TD3 would spawn more often outside of times when most JP players are asleep.
    Was in a really bad EN group with infected tower lasers everywhere, base infections everywhere, nobody collecting crystals, people yelling "USE AIS", etc.

Anyway, I'm not bumping this for that.
    I thought I'd share my tactic for dealing with the end of wave 7.
    I've been using it for a long time now. Thought I ought to post it.

At the end of wave 7, large packs of Goldradas will spawn at North, East and West simultaneously.
    I clear almost all of them easily by doing this:
    1. Get in an AIS before they spawn.
    2. Stand at the center of the map (marked by a hexagonical? marking on the floor).
    3. Use the particle cannon to sweep 180 degrees from one side of the map, to North, to the other side.
    4. You want to wipe them all out as they spawn, otherwise they'll become obstructed by towers.

*Note that it only seems to work if you're standing on that marking, otherwise you may be out of range.

I only recommend doing this if there's less than 30 seconds remaining and the multi isn't good.
    Otherwise the multi can probably take care of the Goldradas without using the above tactic.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 22, 2014 at 03:09 PM.

Bumping because I'm still seeing really awful EN groups wiping on wave 2-3.
    When I end up in an EN multi, wave time often runs out. They're not even levelling Bouncer.

They should probably read this guide.
    And maybe get better gear.

Edit: Okay, I think I see the problem. People are taking 10-11 star weapons to TD3 at +4/+5.
    If you can't get a weapon to +10, you ought to be using a good +10 alternative in the meantime.

A good 10-11 star weapon at +4-+5 is roughly 400-500 attack.
    A decently extended weapon at +10 should be 900-1000 attack.

Buy a cheap weapon for 1k and extend it a few levels.
    It'll cost a few hundred thousand, but you'll be doing double the damage.

Edit2:
    Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I'm posting this because people keep overwriting our head shot WBs with foot WBs.
    It's especially annoying when a head WB gets overwritten 0.5 seconds before our Last Nemesis hits for 300k+.

Satellite Cannon has been changed to hit from the top down.
    Aim for the enemy's head or a high weak point, not their foot.

I'm guessing people are coming back from a hiatus and not realizing Satellite Cannon has been changed. Or they don't read balance updates.
    I noticed that most of the people doing this seem to be EN players. That's why I'm posting about it here.

Also, if you see a WB user on a boss, especially a Bow or SatCan user, don't assist unless you have nothing else to do.
    A single WB+SatCan/Bow user can take out a boss alone.
    They don't need 11 people assisting whilst Goldradas destroy our bases/towers.
    Especially if you're in an AIS. We don't need 2-4 AIS on a single boss.
    However, please assist if the WB user is not attacking, because it probably means their weapon sucks.

In Tower/Base Defense, defending bases/towers should be top priority.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 13, 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

If I might add .... people should pay more attention to public chat (between waves) and maybe online status at teleporter (it may hold info when someone wanna use AIS) ..... a few earlier TD3 runs I joined .....

Called for using AIS once Wave 3 ends (using AISのります or AISで行きます and I'm the only one who calls too at that wave) .... got some people replying "ok" ...... Wave 4 start, I ride AIS, 2 more people suddenly ride AIS (without any call, not the ones replying, of course) Someone really hates Zesh .......... And I've already typed my online status "AIS W4" since at the teleporter + called the AIS usage early Chance of this happening is pretty high so far
    Last edited by final_attack; Oct 13, 2014 at 08:35 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I'm thinking maybe I should try writing a beginner's guide on how to get strong quickly.
    There isn't such a guide on here yet, is there?

Edit: Actually, I've changed my mind. Not going to give Haruo another excuse to attack me.
    My time is better spent and appreciated elsewhere.

@final_attack
    I've only seen that happen once or twice (in mostly non-JP named multis, honestly).
    Maybe those people don't actually speak English? I've been seeing more non-EN players using other languages in public.
    It is nice that both EN and JP players are actively announcing AIS.

I don't announce because I only use AIS when we're in trouble.
    Usually it's at the end of wave 6 or 7.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Oct 14, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, just wanna speed up the process, just in case. So, I usually use AIS on Wave 4

I guess, just my bad luck (along with drops -_- ) lol
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Missiles are very nice for anything that isn't a boss, simply cause of the speed advantage.
    Charge Slash isn't very good to me cause it has limited range for such high pp consumption and less than stellar damage.
    Normal shot > missiles > repeat in the offchance something isn't dead is faster.

Infections / cannons die in one missile shot and most mobs do, too.
    VTOLs take 2-3 but it's still faster than using the sword.

But for pure damage, sword is unbeatable.

PS: for a few hundred thousand, don't bother extending cause the result may have 1000 atk but due to the dmg variance still does rather low damage on avg.

For this money you can buy a decent 9* +10 already.
    Not to mention affixing relevant soul * pow/shoot/tech III doesn't cost that much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    For this money you can buy a decent 9* +10 already.
    Not to mention affixing relevant soul * pow/shoot/tech III doesn't cost that much either.
    Some weapons *coughbouncerweaponscough* have a REALLY big gap between 9 and 10* weapons.

The strongers 9* jet boots have 500 attack at +10. The weakest 10* jet boots have over 800 atk. In situations like that you'd be better off with an extended weapon even with the damage variance.

That said, there's no real reason to get high level extends if it's just a temp weapon. I usually get mine as high as I can without needing rare mats.