Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help to check if my skill tree is good

I wanted to make a set of adjustable trees that will work for the following:

BR/HU (Hybrid) Mag: 35 S-ATK 140 DEX
    GU/HU Mag: 150 R-ATK 25 DEX
    FI/HU Mag: 150 S-ATK 25 DEX

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...I2fGQdoI20000j

Any advice or criticism on the build is welcome. Am still fairly new, so I wanted the opinions of more experienced players before I commit to a build.

Edit: Sorry about the last link. Apparently the build I had didn't save correctly and was displaying something that was really not intended. The link I re-posted should be correct now. Thanks for the advice that was displayed so far though, it really gave me some relieves about parts of the build.
    Last edited by 桂伊澄; Jul 23, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

Braver tree:
    -Snatch Step is useless, and you do not want to waste even 1 skill point on a hybrid braver tree.
    -The 1 SP you put in Average Stance Charge is only 1% more damage to charged attacks, and it costs 4 SP total, so that's a waste.
    -Your Rapid Shoot was Lv4 for no reason.
    -Combat Escape is a loooooooooot more useful than Combat Finish.

Hunter tree:
    -Critical-related skills are only useful if you have a critical fighter build; they are to be avoided on any other build or class.
    -Fury Combo Up is the second most powerful skill after Fury Stance itself, max it first.
    -Even as BR/HU and FI/HU, you will use hunter weapons a lot, so get the gears, especially for wired lances.
    -I'm not sure your build will add so much to your survivability as it sounds. If it does, Automate Halfline is redundant, if it does not, drop the Flash Guard skills.
    -Fury Gear Boost and Just Guard are mandatory skills, but only if hunter is your main class, which is not the case for you, but just saying.

Gunner tree:
    -Chain Finish and Chain Trigger are utterly useless skills.
    -Showtime can be good, but only if you do a dedicated build for it and have High Time Lv5.
    -Stylish Roll JA Bonus is the highest source of damage on the gunner tree. If you do not like that gameplay - which I wholly understand - then do not get it at all, but 1 SP is a waste.

Here are your trees with my amendments: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...IbfGQdsI20000j

There was no fighter tree in your link.

Here are three fighter trees that work really well:
    -Weakest of the three, but more universal.
    -Very strong tree, but requires status ailments on all your weapons.
    -Tree built around Critical Strike, which I would not advise unless your subclass also has something to boost critical hit rate; this tree cannot use Wise Stance, either.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jul 23, 2014 at 12:57 AM.

Okay, where shall I start...

For your Braver Tree:
    - If you're pairing Braver with Hunter, I'd invest in Weak Stance since Fury Stance is essentially a better version of Average Stance. However, if you plan on ever using Braver with other classes (say Bouncer when Episode 3 releases) then Average is the way to go.
    - It is NOT worth the 4 SP to get 1 point in Average Stance Charge. Crits suck and 1% more damage is not worth 4 SP. I'd use those points to max out Combat Escape instead.
    - Seeing as this is a hybrid Braver, I'd take some skill points out of Katana Combat to distribute elsewhere in the tree, as you can use Rapid Bow while Katana Combat cools down
    - Your MAG seems okay considering you have Braver Mag, but I'm wondering why not the full 175 DEX to get additional R-ATK (not that it'll make a huge difference since 20ATK~1% of damage).

For your Hunter Tree:
    - The Flash Guard and Tech Flash Guard would help GU and BR in defense, but you should be practicing Just Guards with Katana on BR and using Stylish Roll for GU. I'd invest the points you put in the Flash Guard skills Into Fury S UP 1, Fury Combo Up, and if you insist on keeping it, Fury S UP 2. The main reason for Hunter's appeal as a subclass is Fury Stance, so most players want to take advantage of its massive damage bonuses to melee and ranged attacks. (Not that you can't utilize a tanky hunter, but the general idea is the faster you kill an enemy, the less time it has to hurt you). Up to you on this one.
    - As a side note, Just Guard. Braver's get it for free with the katana, but that doesn't transfer over to Hunter weapons. Something to keep in mind.

For you Gunner Tree:
    - You NEED to max S Roll JA Bonus. It doubles your damage output in S Roll, and that's a damn good investment for 5 SP.
    - Considering S Roll is a better evasion for Gunner than Dive Roll, you may want to invest more in Perfect Keeper (as you shouldn't be getting hit).
    - Like I said with Katana Combat in the Braver tree, maxing out Chain Trigger only decreases cooldown. Those 5 points you used past what was needed for Chain Finish could be used for High Time instead, since you have Showtime.
    - Aerial Advance isn't worth it. Invest in something else with that 1 point.
    - Also, on my thread about a Gu/Fi build, it was mentioned how Chain Trigger can be a unreliable source of damage compared to others like S Roll JA Bonus. Another thing to keep in mind.

For your Fighter Tree (the link you gave doesn't have much invested in Fighter so here are my suggestions):
    - You want PP Slayer. As you use those PAs, getting a nice 10% bonus to damage when down to half PP ain't bad.
    - Obviously get both stances and the S UP 1 skills. However, you have to be wary of where you are in relation to enemies. Typically, Wise Stance is something for larger enemies/bosses as most smaller mobs will be facing you. If you need more SP, it'd be okay to take a few out of the main Wise Stance skill while keeping its S UP 1 skill maxed.
    - Just Reversal wouldn't be a bad investment considering your Hunter lacks it (he should have Just Guard IMO).
    - Again, Crits aren't worth it. Only invest to unlock something, which in the case of Fighter, is nothing.
    - 1 point in Adrenaline isn't bad, but you may not want to go further than that.
    - If you have spare points and can inflict status abnormalities against mobs, chase bind is decent as well. People go for that or PP Slayer (I'm more a PP Slayer kind of guys since the status stuff is not as often occurring on bosses).
    - Along with the spare points thing, if you don't go the Chase bind router, you could invest in more S-ATK

Final Thoughts:
    - Is this for one Character or many? Because if its for one character, you'll need to use AC to buy more MAGs to accommodate all the builds.
    - As to why Crits aren't worth it, a critical hit is when you hit the max damage you could have dealt (the damage numbers you see would be bigger and in blue). You just deal the max, not any bonus damage. Considering rare weapons (7* and up) all have a hidden property in that their damage output stays at 90-100% of their value, and that DEX can help as well, crit skills aren't worth it.

I speak from experience as well as looking at other build guides on this forum, including my Gu/Fi thread that I asked help on. Don't take my opinion as the only one

Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps!
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Braver tree:
    -Snatch Step is useless, and you do not want to waste even 1 skill point on a hybrid braver tree.
    -The 1 SP you put in Average Stance Charge is only 1% more damage to charged attacks, and it costs 4 SP total, so that's a waste.
    -Your Rapid Shoot was Lv4 for no reason.

Hunter tree:
    -Critical-related skills are only useful if you have a critical fighter build; they are to be avoided on any other build or class.
    -Fury Combo Up is the second most powerful skill after Fury Stance itself, max it first.
    -Even as BR/HU and FI/HU, you will use hunter weapons a lot, so get the gears, especially for wired lances.
    -I'm not sure your build will add so much to your survivability as it sounds. If it does, Automate Halfline is redundant, if it does not, drop the Flash Guard skills.
    -Fury Gear Boost and Just Guard are mandatory skills, but only if hunter is your main class, which is not the case for you, but just saying.

Gunner tree:
    -Chain Finish and Chain Trigger are utterly useless skills.
    -Showtime can be good, but only if you do a dedicated build for it and have High Time Lv5.
    -Stylish Roll JA Bonus is the highest source of damage on the gunner tree. If you do not like that gameplay - which I wholly understand - then do not get it at all, but 1 SP is a waste.

Here are your trees with my amendments: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...IbfGQdsI20000j

There was no fighter tree in your link.

Here are three fighter trees that work really well:
    -Weakest of the three, but more universal.
    -Very strong tree, but requires status ailments on all your weapons.
    -Tree built around Critical Strike, which I would not advise unless your subclass also has something to boost critical hit rate; this tree cannot use Wise Stance, either.
    Yup. All this really. And in a smaller post than mine lol.
    Meh, I'm just tired I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    If you're pairing Braver with Hunter, I'd invest in Weak Stance since Fury Stance is essentially a better version of Average Stance.
    You can use fury stance and average stance together. One stance per class is usable at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    You can use fury stance and average stance together. One stance per class is usable at a time.
    I know that. But overall Weak Stance has a higher damage output and is great for bosses/large enemies with weakpoints. If OP is mainly concerned with consistent damage, then Average is still the way to go. I was just think big picture lol

For Br/Hu, I'd go with this: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...sXI2fGQdo00006

For Gu/Hu, you have a lot of options. Here's one of the many you could go with: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j

For Fi/Hu, you have a lot of options, also. Here's one: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00000Ib000000j

EDIT:
    You'll notice that you don't have Just Reversal in any of the suggested skill trees. That's because, ideally, as a DPS glass cannon (which, from what I'm getting based on your original builds, that's what you want), you really don't want to be considering scenarios where you'll be getting hit, especially as a Gu/Hu. However, if you feel it's necessary, you can always take a point out of something and reinvest it into Just Reversal.

EDIT2:
    Fi/Hu build wasn't correct. My bad
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jul 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Braver tree:
    Hybrid Br is a completely viable class combination: not only are they a lot more versatile, they're a lot funner. They can still dish out a decent amount of damage, and not fall short much from a pure build.

Combat Escape is actually not more useful than Combat Finish. There are scenarios where you won't be riding out the whole 20 second duration of Katana Combat; whereas, Katana Finish is something you will ALWAYS be doing (or should be aiming to do).

Hunter tree:
    Not entirely true. The only Hu weapon used most by Br and Fi is partizan. Unless OP is looking for dynamic gameplay, investing points into getting the gear other than Partizan Gear is unnecessary.

Just Guard is not mandatory, unless OP is planning on going Hu weapon only, which is clearly not the case. It's 5 points wasted when the other class weapons don't require any points for a "Just Guard"
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jul 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    - As to why Crits aren't worth it, a critical hit is when you hit the max damage you could have dealt (the damage numbers you see would be bigger and in blue). You just deal the max, not any bonus damage. Considering rare weapons (7* and up) all have a hidden property in that their damage output stays at 90-100% of their value, and that DEX can help as well, crit skills aren't worth it.
    Taking that into consideration, I was thinking if crits would be good on FI/HU if I had the Critical Strike skill, which would give me x1.15 bonus damage for a crit. Not sure if I'm correct on this, but would crit proc add from both main and sub classes, giving a total of 60-65% proc, thus giving me the x1.15 bonus 60-65% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by 桂伊澄 View Post
    Taking that into consideration, I was thinking if crits would be good on FI/HU if I had the Critical Strike skill, which would give me x1.15 bonus damage for a crit. Not sure if I'm correct on this, but would crit proc add from both main and sub classes, giving a total of 60-65% proc, thus giving me the x1.15 bonus 60-65% of the time?
    You are correct on that. Brave Critical is understandable. Wise Critical is a bit too much. Majority of the time, you'll be hitting enemies from the front, so investing 10 points into Wise Critical seems a bit unnecessary. You'll want to reconsider investing those points to empower your Fi/Hu in general.

EDIT:
    In fact, I think it'd be better if you tell us how exactly you play. Some questions:
    Are you the type of player who can manage PP well? Do you plan on having a big PP pool?
    Are you the type who would rather attack from the rear to be a bit safer?
    Or are you the one who'll just charge in head-on?

I ask these, because Fi is really niche-specific, so there really is no way to advise you well unless you know exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by ReverseSeraf; Jul 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Twitch