Default Confused about the sub-class

I'm a newbie at PSO2,

I know at level 30 you get to choose another class, let's say I'm a level 30 hunter, I chose to be a fighter(the dual blade thing class), while doing a run, can I still switch weapons like, dual blade then sword or vice versa?

Also, if I choose to be a gunner? Can I switch from dual machinegun then to sword or vice versa? (still while doing a quest or dungeon)

And can anyone tell me, what really can you benefit from the sub-class? Because I've tried, main class = hunter, sub-class = machine gun thing class.. but I can't switch from one weapon of the other class to the other.. T__T

When choosing a sub-class, you get the following:

- 20% of the sublcass' stats caped at either your current subclass' level or your main class level, whichever is lower.

- You get all bonusses from your subclass' skill tree (boost to stats, stances, multipliers when applicable and such)

- If you equip one of the weapons of the subclass, you can then use its PAs.

- If your subclass is TE or FO, you get access to techs (even without a tech weapon equipped).

What you don't get:

- The ability to equip all weapons from your subclass. You need a weapon that's either multiclass or equipable by your current main class (those weapons are uncommon in a class' arsenal but there's always a few at all levels).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Random side note, usually among the top 3-5 weapons of a type is a Bio weapon you can get from the rare stone shop, which are all usable by every class, so even endgame using a different class than the one whose weapons you want to use is quite feasible.

Also, try to think of likely class combinations before spending skill points because some combinations make certain skills unnecessary because the subclass already has it and thus you have more skill points for other stuff.

Case in point, Hunter is most subbed class cause Fury Stance just gives a huge damage boost.
    That's why it makes sense to also give it Just Reversal (very important skill) because that means most other classes don't need it.
    You can get a full Fury Hunter with J Reversal and all 3 gears by only missing out on 2% damage (if you only get one of the JA boosts to 8 instead of 10).

also, did someone mention gunner?