Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amesome idea.

25 39.06%
  • Too risky.

15 23.44%
  • Terrible idea.

10 15.63%
  • Don't care. I don't need to use it anyway.

14 21.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    Basically, the software is good, but use his proxy server at your own risk.

However, others can set up proxy servers with that tool quite easily, so it might be worth it to spread it around so we have more options. I mean, the JP community already knows of it (and a couple less-knowledgeable people tried to claim it was the source of the DDOS), so Y'know.
    If others can use this to set up a proxy server of their own, someone should post instructions in how to do so. I have a friend who is a computer wiz who set up a modded Minecraft server among other things, so he could work wonders with this shit. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    With that in mind, how many of us would jump ship to a private server anyhow?
    Depends on who makes one and how attractive they make it. I'm sure only banned players would come first. Them and maybe hopefuls.

With that in mind, how many of us would jump ship to a private server anyhow?
    Why? You making one?

I think it's a good idea, and as long as the host of the server doesn't do anything negative, SEGA should only ban accounts, or individual machines of malicious users as long as the majority of players behave+^_^+ otherwise half the libraries and net cafes would all be banned in Japan+^_^+

EDIT: at OP, could you link the reddit post itself as well?
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 27, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

My whole private server thing was just a question. I don't know enough to actually make one, sorry guys.
    I play on the Ultima server for PSOBB, so I thought I'd ask because I like that one quite a bit.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

My whole private server thing was just a question. I don't know enough to actually make one, sorry guys.
    I play on the Ultima server for PSOBB, so I thought I'd ask because I like that one quite a bit.
    PSO1 technology is over 10 yrs old and mostly client based so it's relatively easy to create compare to something that is mostly server based. That's why you won't find a PSU private server out there

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    If others can use this to set up a proxy server of their own, someone should post instructions in how to do so. I have a friend who is a computer wiz who set up a modded Minecraft server among other things, so he could work wonders with this shit. :3
    https://github.com/cyberkitsune/PSO2Proxy

Scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by metatime View Post
    PSO1 technology is over 10 yrs old and mostly client based so it's relatively easy to create compare to something that is mostly server based. That's why you won't find a PSU private server out there
    I meant I like it because of how the server is run. I realize there won't be a PSU private server for a while, I just meant if, and this is a big if, someone created a private server, and it was good, would people switch to it?

Purely a hypothetical lol
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    packets unencrypted, logged, and parsed? like all the packets? like the packets my username/password would be stored in? I think if this becomes a thing, I'll wait a few months to see if any accounts are mysteriously stolen/lost/banned+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    packets unencrypted, logged, and parsed? like all the packets? like the packets my username/password would be stored in? I think if this becomes a thing, I'll wait a few months to see if any accounts are mysteriously stolen/lost/banned+^_^+
    Right now packet logging is off on the public service and my logging service isn't up yet for this reason. I'm still working out the best way to NOT log login information while still collection packet structure data. It's rather difficult to figure out how to manage it all really well.