Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Default Would you say that PSO2 is one of the best game you've ever played

I've only been playing since April of this year, so counting the DDOS downtime and the extra week before I was able to reconnect, I've logged well over 400 hours in. I can personally say that, as a bit of a completionist, that PSO2 is one of the better games I've played in my life. Is it the best, of course not, but for now, I'm pretty much just playing this.

As for a F2P game, IMPO, SEGA as found the perfect balance between the free aspect and the micro transactions aspect. I wasn't force to expand my item slots, I just wanted to in order to grab everything I could to sale for cash. I wasn't forced to buy a new Mag, I just screwed up my first one. I wasn't forced to get premium, I just wanted to have multiple client orders in order to complete them faster.

It's still amazes me that such a large game is technically free and yet, they still make so much money out of it.

no
    /5char

Not even close. Pretty average tbh.

No, far from it. It has a lot of nice little features that other games should have, but SEGA's habit of screwing everything in some way leaves a lot to be desired.

The ironic thing is it's clear they didn't want to stray too far from the original PSO, yet the game lacks many things that people loved about PSO1.
    It's not just me that's saying that either. I know some JP people who feel that way too.
    SEGA kinda picked the wrong things to leave alone and/or change.

So... it's not really bad, but it's not really great either.
    It would've been great if they didn't keep seemingly intentionally dropping the ball.

In terms of quality - no, in terms of satisfaction - absolutely.

The game would be better if Sega ever learned from past mistakes.

Seriously they made the exact same mistakes with PSO1, PSU, PSP, and PSO2.

I feel I owe to you to elaborate. If we narrow it down to F2P online games then I think PSO2 is one of the few that's actually fun to play at face value. It's just that the things the game does wrong it does REALLY wrong. The whole equipment upgrade system is dated and anti-fun, features that are general free to some degree aren't in PSO2. Namely trading and buying 10*+ weapons (everyone should be able to or no one should be able to). There's an emphesis on builds but it's stuck behind a money gate, making expirimenting a chore. There are pleny of ways for them to monetize skill trees without completely barring changing them behind money or inconsistant skill tree updates.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    The game would be better if Sega ever learned from past mistakes.

Seriously they made the exact same mistakes with PSO1, PSU, PSP, and PSO2.
    This is part of the reason I still stick around. They ARE improving the game slowly, and it would be pretty silly of me to not at least give them the benifit of the doubt when I play Mabinogi of all things.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

hahahahaha no, not even close. it is the best mmo-style game i have played but thats not a very high bar (at least out of the ones that are still going on non private servers)

Compared to other games?

Not at all.

Within the MMO Genre? Yeah it is. But I havnt played many MMOs.

I love PSO2. It's a very fun game.

But christ does this game have issues.

I see a lot of complaints but not too many details. Like I said, I've been playing since April, so I may have yet to see everything this game has to offer (I did however finish every Ark and Field quests on Normal and Hard).

Can you guys list what you actually hate about the game, besides the fact that somethings require money to buy?