Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

I was actually talking to a friend of mine the other day about the concept

HORSE!!: further proof nobody puts effort into videogam anymore: Tie Fighter had 142 different midi files that would get strung together based on what's happening and where, so they would (mostly) seamlessly play together like a film score
    UnLuckyCat: now they either do that kind of thing except randomly piece 3-4 parts together
    UnLuckyCat: or there's just like "night version" of the same song
    HORSE!!: there's like 13 different intros for when the rebels do something
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Composing Midis is also much quicker. :V

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

The best? God no. I like the combat, because I like Action RPG combat. It's definitely something that fills a spot in my gaming heart. Is it the best game I've ever played? In terms of Action RPG (real time combat), I'd say it's close. That's mostly due to a lack of actual Action RPG combat like this. Vindictus is definitely fun, though it got grindy as most games are prone to do. PSO1 had its own flavor, but it's still action RPG which I enjoy.

I'll come back to this, as it's the only three games I can actually think of at the moment.

Glad I got a discussion on MMO music started.

Like I said, I don't play to many MMOs. So PSO2's soundtrack definitely kicks the crap out of games like fucking maplestory and elsword.

Also not all tracks are great in PSO2, I can understand that, but I like the constant excitement of some songs like coast theme, falz luther, falz hands, tower defense, etc.

Granted there are some weird ones like sanctuary with its random wubbetry and amduscia volcanoes' fairly boring theme. But, if the game doesn't make me shut off the music in its entirety so I can listen to my own; I think it does a pretty good job in terms of a soundtrack.

That's just me though, I'm not trying to say it's THE BEST SOUNDTRACK, just the best I've heard. Seriously thanks for the vids, love listening to this stuff.
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...

Anybody who calls DOTA2 a MMO kills me. XD You guys are making that term MMO meaningless and in this market place that's bad, the average MMO player makes PSO2 people look like saints Then you have MOBAs who have special people. :P

I'm waaay too late to say and I already guess that a number of people have said the same but here it is again.

OP the question you asked was too general. You gotta set a parameter of limitation or you'll end up with everyone remembering every game theyve ever played, then they'll end up comparing the 2 of them. Then they'll mention aspects in their games that pso2 may not even have yet. Even comparing the osts in games can in differ in scenario, genre and application of the song. I feel it would have been better to ask a question when it came to games of the phantasy star series comparison of positive additions and negative additions, positive removals and negative removals. I find this all really comes down to taste and preference all over again in a way because with the original ps series that has gone from 2D to 3D it would take allot of investigation and time. when just comparing it just with pso1 think of the changes that were made from that to this.

Personally I like pso2 but I cant call it the best for many reasons
    1. The game is still facing development in its mechnics.
    2. The story isnt even finished.
    3. The balance is still being determined among classes and future provisions.
    4. When compared with all games there's too many to really to compare.

There is one thing I can always stand behind in the PS series and that's because of the originality that goes through
    each game from costume to character and the collaborations its had people may brush off these changes
    but I doubt people really need a "donut steel" reskin to feel good but there are people who would happily
    accept it cause they hate dramatic change its not a good thing or bad thing in moderation.

Im happy you like pso2 though OP
    Last edited by Dark Matter; Jul 31, 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Ship Feoh

PSO2 is awesome if you don't have a stick shoved up your ass while you play it. You guys should try it sometime.

Also.. Take pride in the games you like even if it can be see as a "guilty pleasure"
    type of game as long as you like the game it shouldnt matter about the judgement
    of others let them play theirs and you play yours.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; Jul 31, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Ship Feoh

Why are you spoilering everything you say? It's really annoying. I:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    I'm waaay too late to say and I already guess that a number of people have said the same but here it is again.

OP the question you asked was too general. You gotta set a parameter of limitation or you'll end up with everyone remembering every game theyve ever played, then they'll end up comparing the 2 of them. Then they'll mention aspects in their games that pso2 may not even have yet. Even comparing the osts in games can in differ in scenario, genre and application of the song. I feel it would have been better to ask a question when it came to games of the phantasy star series comparison of positive additions and negative additions, positive removals and negative removals. I find this all really comes down to taste and preference all over again in a way because with the original ps series that has gone from 2D to 3D it would take allot of investigation and time. when just comparing it just with pso1 think of the changes that were made from that to this.

Personally I like pso2 but I cant call it the best for many reasons
    1. The game is still facing development in its mechnics.
    2. The story isnt even finished.
    3. The balance is still being determined among classes and future provisions.
    4. When compared with all games there's too many to really to compare.

There is one thing I can always stand behind in the PS series and that's because of the originality that goes through
    each game from costume to character and the collaborations its had people may brush off these changes
    but I doubt people really need a "donut steel" reskin to feel good but there are people who would happily
    accept it cause they hate dramatic change its not a good thing or bad thing in moderation.

Im happy you like pso2 though OP
    So much for reading this on my phone...
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...