Page 15 of 413 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    this is a list of bad ideas and skills techer should have gotten

these stances are fucking idiotic
    I agree with you on that break stance. Elemental Stance... eh, if you had a rainbow set maybe this would work out, but I wish I wasn't shoehorned into needing one to take full advantage of it.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Elemental Stance... eh, if you had a rainbow set maybe this would work out, but I wish I wasn't shoehorned into needing one to take full advantage of it.
    This is why it's idiotic.

Now, if Elemental Stance was like...+x% damage as the weapon's element (e.g. deal 100 damage with a fire weapon -> get +25 fire damage), and then there was an Element Weak Hit skill tied to the skill like how Fury Combo Up is a separate conditional bonus within Fury Stance it could work. That way you wouldn't be 100% reliant on having the correct element, but...god, what a stupid idea.

It's the stupidity and redundance of Weak Stance, but for everything. Just make shit like that passive (or, don't make it at all, and come up with ideas that don't depend on rainbow palettes).

Break Stance is...well, depending on how it works it might be good. I don't know about it needing to be a stance, but if the bonus persists after the part breaks and it damages the enemy's HP in addition to the part's HP that could work.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 11, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

This is why it's idiotic.

Now, if Elemental Stance was like...+x% damage as the weapon's element (e.g. deal 100 damage with a fire weapon -> get +25 fire damage), and then there was an Element Weak Hit skill tied to the skill like how Fury Combo Up is a separate conditional bonus within Fury Stance it could work. That way you wouldn't be 100% reliant on having the correct element, but...god, what a stupid idea.

It's the stupidity and redundance of Weak Stance, but for everything. Just make shit like that passive (or, don't make it at all, and come up with ideas that don't depend on rainbow palettes).

Break Stance is...well, depending on how it works it might be good. I don't know about it needing to be a stance, but if the bonus persists after the part breaks and it damages the enemy's HP in addition to the part's HP that could work.
    These stances are just too conditional for my tastes... still, I look forward to experimenting with the new class anyhow.

Honestly, I'd have loved to see Fury Stance changed into Breaker Stance and something else be put onto Bouncer.

The problem is that they've established stances as being for huge bonuses, but for each class they add stances to the bonuses get weaker and weaker, and more and more conditional.

This was their chance to tweak Fury Stance, the stanciest stance, into not being so omgwtf. They reduced it, yes, but not nearly enough IMO. It, Fighter's stances, and Weak Stance still set the bar too high. Now when you get shit like this people expect more.

I really hope Element Stance is weaker than Average Stance so it's not as necessary, but I know it won't be. Breaker Stance should be the damage-oriented stance, but I expect it to pretty much be Weak Stance in everybody's eyes. More situational, and more overlooked. With just 3 weapons you can cover a huge portion of the game's weaknesses, making Elemental Stance much more versatile since not everything has a breakable part. Even at Braver's launch with Episode 2, where basically every new enemy had a weak point striking could abuse, Weak Stance was still considered meh after the novelty wore off simply because it didn't always work. Not everything has a weak point striking can abuse, and not everything has a breakable part.

Honestly, I'd have loved to see Fury Stance changed into Breaker Stance and something else be put onto Bouncer.

The problem is that they've established stances as being for huge bonuses, but for each class they add stances to the bonuses get weaker and weaker, and more and more conditional.

This was their chance to tweak Fury Stance, the stanciest stance, into not being so omgwtf. They reduced it, yes, but not nearly enough IMO. It, Fighter's stances, and Weak Stance still set the bar too high. Now when you get shit like this people expect more.

I really hope Element Stance is weaker than Average Stance so it's not as necessary, but I know it won't be. Breaker Stance should be the damage-oriented stance, but I expect it to pretty much be Weak Stance in everybody's eyes. More situational, and more overlooked. With just 3 weapons you can cover a huge portion of the game's weaknesses, making Elemental Stance much more versatile since not everything has a breakable part. Even at Braver's launch with Episode 2, where basically every new enemy had a weak point striking could abuse, Weak Stance was still considered meh after the novelty wore off simply because it didn't always work. Not everything has a weak point striking can abuse, and not everything has a breakable part.
    Sadly, this is true.

Hooray for Bouncer Mag! I shall combine it with Braver mag to get that full S-ATK, cuz it will probably be a 50% conversion rate like Braver. The bonus R-ATK and T-ATK will be nice too.
    Let's hope they don't decide to make this skill main-class only and also change Braver Mag to main-class only as well. That would ruin everything.

Elemental Stance... eh, if you had a rainbow set maybe this would work out
    Wouldn't Jet Boots' ability to change element after doing a technique make it so you don't have to make a rainbow weapon set, as you'll always be able to take advantage of Elemental Stance by switching the boots' element that way?
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

If only they just went with ground and air stances or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    If it's infinite duration it sounds like it's be useful if you wanna just rely on Melee attacks as BO.
    That would hardly change anything though. S-ATK and T-ATK had a miniscule difference on the crafted boots (and was actually even lower...), and I assume it won't be different for the class's base parameter. It doesn't say anything about attribute change of the attacks (which would actually change things up... a bit), so what's the point?
    Last edited by Gardios; Aug 11, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

The point probably lies within information we don't have. I hope. The alternative scares me, though could be likely given the rest of the skills

So far HU/BO, TE/BO, and FI/BO all look appealing in their own unique ways.
    Hunter weapons could really use the PP regen in the middle of a PA + access to BO weapons
    Wand techer would be strong at casting+melee with a lot of PP perks + access to BO weapons for trouble bosses (wand could be strong enough for bosses too depending on break stance)
    FI would put the name "Tech Arts JA Bonus" to work and take advantage of chase with elemental burst.
    Guess I'm alone in liking the stances...