Page 352 of 413 FirstFirst ... 252302342349350351352353354355362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4123

So....what is the verdict on Break Stance in terms of usefulness? I keep hearing mixed things.

I always generally told long time ago if you didn't have a rainbow set of DB and only had the one........Elemental stance if mob is weak against DB's attribute.....Break stance (If you had Break SD Bonus) if it was something else.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    So....what is the verdict on Break Stance in terms of usefulness? I keep hearing mixed things.

I always generally told long time ago if you didn't have a rainbow set of DB and only had the one........Elemental stance if mob is weak against DB's attribute.....Break stance (If you had Break SD Bonus) if it was something else.
    Break Stance is in a weird spot. With SD Bonus, it's an okay coverage option, but it will never top Ele Stance in terms of giving a definite buff. The only purpose of using Break is to go into an EQ knowing which boss you're going to fight (Magatsu, PD, etc) and for gimmick builds (Break Zanverse).
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Anyone have any good info on Gix DBs vs Austere DBs?
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    Anyone have any good info on Gix DBs vs Austere DBs?
    If you can keep gix's latent up consistently it's stronger. If not then it's at worst, just slightly lower.

Not sure about getting a rainbow set for either though.

Does wide area ring effect the shift-PA of JB? (Strike gust, Gran wave, Moment gail)

Quote Originally Posted by SiZ View Post
    Does wide area ring effect the shift-PA of JB? (Strike gust, Gran wave, Moment gail)
    Yes to strike gust and gran wave, no to moment gale (zanverse doesn't count for it).

The ring also doesn't increase the PA PP cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post

?! :O

Implying there is a better option?
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    ?! :O

Implying there is a better option?
    Well I just meant it'd be a pain to get a full rainbow set of the same 13*. If I had to chose one Gix would be easier though. I think most people just use a variety of weapons instead of a set of all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    If you can keep gix's latent up consistently it's stronger. If not then it's at worst, just slightly lower.

Yeah I was wondering how much I would use Gix.. I'm getting one anyway, but I was unsure if I should replace my light Austere with Gix,and change my Austere to a different element.
    Can't we all just get along?

So I was messing around with the Jet Boots Tech Arts S Charge ring and started wondering if there wouldn't be applications to improve casting with it, by taking advantage of Strike gust's very early JA window.
    As far as I'm concerned this combination is pretty cool to use but I'm fairly easily pleased, so here are the cold hard numbers:

- Strike gust's earliest JA frame occurs 0.2 secs into the PA.
    - Strike gust type zero's earliest naturally is at 0.6s,
    |_ A frame perfect drop kick from an aerial usage grants one at like 0.4s,
    |_ From the ground you can't JA in time before the shifta part begins, and thus it's slightly slower, somewhere between the two.

Sadly type zero's lower cost is largely moot here imo, since you have to be much more precise for a JA frame that's barely worth the effort outside of boosting the slower charging techs.

So:
    Used with the basic Strike gust, since the charge time reduction is 50%, we're essentially talking about a -0.3s cast time on most technics without a concentrated craft, that costs 25 PP. Note that I think this is no matter what very useful on a first cast, since you need a JA source anyway and Strike gust's is likely one of the fastest around, allowing a pretty quick engage no matter the tech. Outside of that though, the cost is pretty hefty, and these are still JB techs.

Aaaand I kinda need help in determining if that's actually worth anything in the grand scheme of things. For Bo/Fi, Fo/Bo even?
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Cyclon; Nov 15, 2016 at 08:34 PM.