Page 364 of 413 FirstFirst ... 264314354361362363364365366367374 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4123

What would be a rather decent affix to do for T-atk Based Bo/Fi for JB?

My usual go to for 13* was Soul,AtkIV,AbiIII,Mod,Noble but wanted to put Phrase Weak on there wasn't sure if I should just go straight for 6s and it or do something different.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

I was looking more into the Hunter tree for Bo/Hu and came across Fury Combo Up (FCU). A few builds only have 5 points in that passive and was wondering why? It is my understanding that FCU should be maxed because of the fact that you will JA 99% of the time while using PBF, correct?
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    I was looking more into the Hunter tree for Bo/Hu and came across Fury Combo Up (FCU). A few builds only have 5 points in that passive and was wondering why? It is my understanding that FCU should be maxed because of the fact that you will JA 99% of the time while using PBF, correct?
    FCU always stacks up to 10% every time you continue a JA chain, no matter what level it's at. Having it at level 5 means you only need 2 JAs to get the full bonus, so people will sometimes only put 5 points in it to be able to grab more utility based skills.

I'm still on the fence about units for Bouncer. Should Bouncer pick up Austere (trade able now) or go 12 star units?
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    I'm still on the fence about units for Bouncer. Should Bouncer pick up Austere (trade able now) or go 12 star units?
    Depends on your playstyle. Bouncer doesn't have many good Rings going for it that aren't Tech C Parrying, so your options for affixing Ring Skills is rather limited.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Without considering Affixes or Potentials, how do I build a DB Bo/Fi?
    (I'll never be at the point where affixes and potentials matter much since I'm not a forerunner nor endgame-grinder)

Ring suggestions(and explanations for what they do) also welcomed because you can't really read ingame what all those ring abilities really do.

Is there even a point to crafting boost, since NT type weapons cannot be crafted?

I have a DEX-only mag, is the mag boost worth-while still?
    Last edited by Ekoi; Mar 29, 2017 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoi View Post
    Without considering Affixes or Potentials, how do I build a DB Bo/Fi?
    (I'll never be at the point where affixes and potentials matter much since I'm not a forerunner nor endgame-grinder)

Ring suggestions(and explanations for what they do) also welcomed because you can't really read ingame what all those ring abilities really do.

Is there even a point to crafting boost, since NT type weapons cannot be crafted?

I have a DEX-only mag, is the mag boost worth-while still?
    As far as Bouncer Skill Tree is concerned, take Elemental Stance and build Rainbow DBs. I know it sounds like a pain in the ass to get 6 DBs, but it's way better than Break Stance DB Bonus. Also, take the obligatory Dual Blade skills (Gear, PBF, etc.) and obligatory generics (Shifta AA Boost, Deband PP Restorate, etc.). Crit Field you can take, but not required.

Since Bouncer has Tech access, you can try for TCP (When charging a Technique, gain Just Guard frames). Otherwise, I hear DB Snatch (deal damage when you pass through an enemy with DB Weapon Action) is good. Right Ring is probably going to be Perfect Keeper (Gain a damage bonus when your HP is above a certain value), since you already get TAJAPPS on sub tree.

EDIT: If you were wondering how useful DB Snatch is, exactly, you can apparently one-shot mobs with it.

Unless you're using some janky gimmick build, Crafting Boost is largely useless.

If you have a DEX MAG, you can try taking the Bouncer MAG, but it's still a bigger boost to have a flat out 200 S-ATK MAG. If you don't have one of those and aren't willing to shell out for another MAG, then just take the Bouncer MAG.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 29, 2017 at 03:58 AM.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    As far as Bouncer Skill Tree is concerned, take Elemental Stance and build Rainbow DBs. I know it sounds like a pain in the ass to get 6 DBs, but it's way better than Break Stance DB Bonus. Also, take the obligatory Dual Blade skills (Gear, PBF, etc.) and obligatory generics (Shifta AA Boost, Deband PP Restorate, etc.). Crit Field you can take, but not required.

Since Bouncer has Tech access, you can try for TCP (When charging a Technique, gain Just Guard frames). Otherwise, I hear DB Snatch (deal damage when you pass through an enemy with DB Weapon Action) is good. Right Ring is probably going to be Perfect Keeper (Gain a damage bonus when your HP is above a certain value), since you already get TAJAPPS on sub tree.

EDIT: If you were wondering how useful DB Snatch is, exactly, you can apparently one-shot mobs with it.

Unless you're using some janky gimmick build, Crafting Boost is largely useless.

If you have a DEX MAG, you can try taking the Bouncer MAG, but it's still a bigger boost to have a flat out 200 S-ATK MAG. If you don't have one of those and aren't willing to shell out for another MAG, then just take the Bouncer MAG.
    Thankyou for understanding my relative-casualness and not being abrasive about it.

RainbowDBs is going to be hell when most of my money goes towards outfits, hahah. At least the collection weapons are more or less the same stats, just different looks and elements.

How does TAJAPPS work exactly? Does it trigger from just doing JAs on PAs, or do I have to do a JA normal attack between JA PAs, or do I have to have to JA different PAs and not just spam the same PA?

This is how I'm considering resetting my trees to right now. (I'm not at 75 yet with fighter yet, mind you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoi View Post
    Thankyou for understanding my relative-casualness and not being abrasive about it.

RainbowDBs is going to be hell when most of my money goes towards outfits, hahah. At least the collection weapons are more or less the same stats, just different looks and elements.

How does TAJAPPS work exactly? Does it trigger from just doing JAs on PAs, or do I have to do a JA normal attack between JA PAs, or do I have to have to JA different PAs and not just spam the same PA?

This is how I'm considering resetting my trees to right now. (I'm not at 75 yet with fighter yet, mind you.)
    TAJAPPS works the same way TAJA does. You perform a Photon Art, then the next Photon Art (that is not the same as the earlier one) you perform is Just Attacked. Keep in mind that you can chain normal attacks indefinitely so long as you don't break your combo (with Step or Weapon Action, or just stop attacking), and the Normal Attacks don't need to be JA'd, but the final PA does.

I'm no expert on Fighter Trees, but it seems like you've taken all of the recommended Skills, so that's okay. However, I believe some would recommend taking Wise Stance, since, albeit situational, it does provide a stronger bonus than Brave Stance. Bouncer Tree also looks fine since there's not much you need to take anyways.

Also, it looks like you're speccing towards Criticals. This opens Effort Symbol as a Right Ring option, but this Ring is endgame content and rather grindy to acquire due to needing to farm VR Training: Ultimate Border (Solo XQ 2) for it. Effort Symbol provides +10% Crit Rate when at +20, and is the only Crit Rate booster FI main/sub can wear. If you get this Ring, then under the effects of Critical Field, your Crit Rate against enemies that are weak to your Element and you're fighting from the front will be 95%. Without the Ring, it will be 85%.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 29, 2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    TAJAPPS works the same way TAJA does. You perform a Photon Art, then the next Photon Art (that is not the same as the earlier one) you perform is Just Attacked. Keep in mind that you can chain normal attacks indefinitely so long as you don't break your combo (with Step or Weapon Action, or just stop attacking), and the Normal Attacks don't need to be JA'd, but the final PA does.

I'm no expert on Fighter Trees, but it seems like you've taken all of the recommended Skills, so that's okay. However, I believe some would recommend taking Wise Stance, since, albeit situational, it does provide a stronger bonus than Brave Stance. Bouncer Tree also looks fine since there's not much you need to take anyways.

Also, it looks like you're speccing towards Criticals. This opens Effort Symbol as a Right Ring option, but this Ring is endgame content and rather grindy to acquire due to needing to farm VR Training: Ultimate Border (Solo XQ 2) for it. Effort Symbol provides +10% Crit Rate when at +20, and is the only Crit Rate booster FI main/sub can wear. If you get this Ring, then under the effects of Critical Field, your Crit Rate against enemies that are weak to your Element and you're fighting from the front will be 95%. Without the Ring, it will be 85%.
    Cheers!

If I had a second skilltree slot I'd just make one for both, but there seem to be fewer field bosses with rear weakpoints than forward ones, so while Wise is a bit stronger than Brave, you kinda lose out on that weakpoint damage. And then there's simply no notable raid bosses in Ep1-3 with accessible rears to take advantage of Wise with anyway. (I don't know about Ep4 as I have not touched any of it outside of doing MoonMother a few times to not spoil it)

I think I can live without the 10% crit chance ring for now, since I'm already rolling in plenty of it, hahah.

Thanks again for the help and explanations!