Page 254 of 413 FirstFirst ... 154204244251252253254255256257264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4123

I love bouncer because it's a true mixed tech and melee style of play. For cetain bosses I will lean to my dual blades and others I use my jetboots for some tech sniping and good melee time.
    For bouncer you need a rainbow set dual blades, for jetboots you cast a tech to set the element of the boots unless you release so there is less of a strain to get rainbow boots.

Thanks to the elemental burst buff and if you have crit stance and you can utilize the burst you can use offensive techs. Also if you charge a attack attack twice your jetboots gear is max for you to use a Vinto.

Hope that helps.

yeah the boot part helps a bunch

techer still seems more like a melee mage to me thoooo
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    yeah the boot part helps a bunch

techer still seems more like a melee mage to me thoooo
    Well my build is fi/bo so I use double sabers at times too.

I'm new to the game and have some questions about Bouncers. Please be gentle.

1. I feel like I messed up my character and would like some input. I've been using a Bo/Hu guide that focuses on SATK, but I read that it's better to go TATK if you plan to ONLY use Jet Boots. Should I restart my character? My friends and I are only level 20 or so, it won't take me long to catch up if I no-life it.

2. Which are the best elemental techs to learn for Jet Boots? Any tips on keeping the element bar filled up?

3. Besides Bo/Hu, are there any better combinations for someone who wants to go Bouncer main class while only using Jet Boots? I don't want to use any other weapon at this point.

4. So let's say I stick with this SAtk Boots Bouncer. How do I equip higher level boots? All of the ones I have seen require TATK.
    Last edited by Krusiv; Jul 13, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusiv View Post
    I'm new to the game and have some questions about Bouncers. Please be gentle.

1. I feel like I messed up my character and would like some input. I've been using a Bo/Hu guide that focuses on SATK, but I read that it's better to go TATK if you plan to ONLY use Jet Boots. Should I restart my character? My friends and I are only level 20 or so, it won't take me long to catch up if I no-life it.

2. Which are the best elemental techs to learn for Jet Boots? Any tips on keeping the element bar filled up?

3. Besides Bo/Hu, are there any better combinations for someone who wants to go Bouncer main class while only using Jet Boots? I don't want to use any other weapon at this point.

4. So let's say I stick with this SAtk Boots Bouncer. How do I equip higher level boots? All of the ones I have seen require TATK.
    1: I don't think it really matters for Bo/Hu since you have switch strike as a skill. T atk is better for classes that can utilize techs with better damage, like Fi/Bo or Bo/Fi. Bo/Br is a thing... but not a very good one.

2: Once you use one charged tech, you can keep gauge up with damage alone. Some quick techs are the fast charge ilbarta, fast charge gimegid, fast cast ragrants, fast cast ilzonde. There's probably better lightning ones I haven't messed with, and I think it was posted a few pages back.

3: Bo/Fi for best all around melee and tech damage.

4: Level or mag, which, you'd be out of luck then. That would probably call for a reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    1: I don't think it really matters for Bo/Hu since you have switch strike as a skill. T atk is better for classes that can utilize techs with better damage, like Fi/Bo or Bo/Fi. Bo/Br is a thing... but not a very good one.

2: Once you use one charged tech, you can keep gauge up with damage alone. Some quick techs are the fast charge ilbarta, fast charge gimegid, fast cast ragrants, fast cast ilzonde. There's probably better lightning ones I haven't messed with, and I think it was posted a few pages back.

3: Bo/Fi for best all around melee and tech damage.

4: Level or mag, which, you'd be out of luck then. That would probably call for a reroll.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll write down those elemental techs for later use.

In that case I will restart my character for the sake of equipping better boots. It didn't take us that long to reach level 20 so it's no big deal.

Do you know of a beginner friendly Bo/Fi guide that focuses on TATK instead of SATK? Keep in mind I want to use Boots only and not Daggers or whatever else is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusiv View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll write down those elemental techs for later use.

In that case I will restart my character for the sake of equipping better boots. It didn't take us that long to reach level 20 so it's no big deal.

Do you know of a beginner friendly Bo/Fi guide that focuses on TATK instead of SATK? Keep in mind I want to use Boots only and not Daggers or whatever else is available.
    Use my guide, start as Bo/Fi and hold off the Fighter main skills till the end, get a 50% Zirenheit then flip over to Fi/Bo. Tada!

If you stay as Bo/Fi, you run out of skills to spend the last 20SPor so on both sides.

This thread is huge. I asked a few top-level questions in the main forum. Can someone point me to a decent guide on a few builds. I have Hu/Fi/Br/Fo/Te at level 75 (or close enough), but looking for T-ATK/Boots only stuff. I might pay the AC and have two trees and dick around w/ those twin swords though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin_punch View Post
    Can someone point me to a decent guide on a few builds.
    There are quite a few obviously titled threads in this section for that.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

This question is mainly for Selphea. I have studied the video for the tech cancel for PBF on your site (the video here) but you don't really explain how to do it correctly. When I try to do this, I can't cast the technique in the air like the player does in the video. Am I missing something here? If I hold the button, nothing happens and I drop to the ground. I am not entirely for certain how Tech Cancelling is actually done. Can you be a little more specific on how to perform this? Right now all I do is swing in the air and JA Shift. Of course this suffers in DPS but I can't figure out how to Tech Cancel.