Page 255 of 413 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4123

You hold down a tech as if you were charging it and tap shift whenever the gear gauge fills up. There isn't really much to it. What tech are you using? The reason you're falling may be because you're burning more PP than you restore and don't have enough to "cast" the tech with.

From my understanding holding down a tech is like buffering inputs. On the first available frame after throwing the blades you cancel the rest of the animation with a tech, then immediately cancel the tech with another blade toss action. No techs are actually being cast, just activated.

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    This question is mainly for Selphea. I have studied the video for the tech cancel for PBF on your site (the video here) but you don't really explain how to do it correctly. When I try to do this, I can't cast the technique in the air like the player does in the video. Am I missing something here? If I hold the button, nothing happens and I drop to the ground. I am not entirely for certain how Tech Cancelling is actually done. Can you be a little more specific on how to perform this? Right now all I do is swing in the air and JA Shift. Of course this suffers in DPS but I can't figure out how to Tech Cancel.
    Try doing it grounded first to get an idea of how it's done, then you can try it in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Leraor
    The reason you're falling may be because you're burning more PP than you restore and don't have enough to "cast" the tech with.
    At a full 138 pp? I don't think there's a tech that uses a full pp gauge with one cast...

In addition, I've noticed that all the videos that demonstrate tech cancelling, the player is Fi/Bo. Maybe that is the problem because I am a Bo/Hu (I'm terrible at dodging and can't for the life of me figure out the enemy timings on when to actually dodge because I am either too early or too late). Is tech cancelling only a fighter skill? If so that would make more sense. Also, if that's the case, you should update your guide to reflect this Selphea. I'm certain that I am not the only one confused by tech cancelling...

It's not Fi/Bo only - I even did it as Gu/Bo. I don't think I ever recommended Tech Cancel for Bo/Hu though. See under Bo/Hu:

Bo/Hu’s PBF itself is reliant on Just Attacks for damage, so Tech Cancel is not viable.
    Last edited by Selphea; Jul 15, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    It's not Fi/Bo only - I ever did it as Gu/Bu. I don't think I ever recommended Tech Cancel for Bo/Hu though.
    You didn't. In fact, you didn't recommend it for any particular build, that's another reason why I am asking. If it is only viable for a particular build, then you might want to update your guide to reflect that.

So now I have another question. As a Bo/Hu, is it better for me to JA my PBF like I have been doing or should I try to master tech cancelling?

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    You didn't. In fact, you didn't recommend it for any particular build, that's another reason why I am asking. If it is only viable for a particular build, then you might want to update your guide to reflect that.

So now I have another question. As a Bo/Hu, is it better for me to JA my PBF like I have been doing or should I try to master tech cancelling?
    You replied fast, I actually did mention in part 2 when I edited above. Also,

"Using Tech Cancel sacrifices the Just Attack bonus, but puts out roughly 55% more blades."

I thought this would be a sign that Bo/Hu which has a lot of JA bonuses would not benefit from Tech Cancel, but I edited that line to make it clearer.

Anyway, Gu/Bo Tech Cancel:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Selphea; Jul 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM.

You replied fast, I actually did mention in part 2 when I edited above.
    I didn't realize you edited the guide since I last read the whole thing. I guess I need to re-read the whole thing, lol. I was only looking at part four since I read the whole thing before. Thank you for your help.

Hi, Just started PSO2 again after many years and decided to play Bouncer. When I change my boots element with shift, only the normal attacks retain that element. The PAs like Moment Gale still use the original element of the boots. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? If it is, then how it viable that one pair of boots can go a long way when your PA don't deal extra elemental damage?

Go check the damage numbers. The PAs don't have special elemental effects but the damage should change if Elemental Stance applies.

Go check the damage numbers. The PAs don't have special elemental effects but the damage should change if Elemental Stance applies.
    hm, maybe I'm too low level to see a difference in the numbers. In the 20s, damage range from 200-400s. Aside from Vinto hitting 3K. But yeah, when I use the PA, it shows the original element effect so I assumed it didn't apply the change.