Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default What controllers work 100% with this game?

I have more controller related trouble, seems like nothing I try really works.

After trying 4 different controllers and nothing really working, I am starting to think part of the problem is the game.
    Do real 360 controllers, when used with an adapter for PC work 100%, if so, can anyone link me to the adapter they are using?

So far I tried and found very much lacking:
    1) Microsoft 360+PC wireless controller: since the triggers share the same axis, they cancel each other's input, for months I thought the game doesn't let you evade during lock-on cause of this.

2) Logitech sorta bulky PS3 style controller: same problem as above (which makes me think it might be the game's fault, but I am not sure), also shit in general >_>

3) cheap PC controller, PS2 style: works mostly but right analog stick cannot change cam vertically (this is actually the closest to playable I know about).

4) Old PS2 controller with old PC adapter: worked perfectly (aside from right analog stick click doing nothing), but onyl for a day, now mysteriously it doesn't work anymore at all, but windows still shows every input.

Can anyone recommend me a controller that works 100%
    One where no button cancels another and where all sticks and stick clicks work fine?

Thanks in advance, I'm quite desperate here.

having no issues whatsoever on a ps3 controller though that requires steps to make it work on a pc

id imagine an official wired 360 controller would work just fine too

I believe switching to XInput instead of DirectInput allows the triggers to be on separate axes (or the other way around?). That, or you could use Joy2Key/Xpadder to map the triggers to something else and have the game detect that instead.

Not sure what the issue is with the camera controls, but I think I remember that not being configurable in the game at all.

As for controllers not being detected, make sure to unplug or disable anything above the one you want to use. The game may only see the top one on the list and ignores all others (several games do this).
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Hmm.
    I tried each controller separately with everything else unplugged.
    Can't try the PC/360 controlelr anymore cause I returned it and got the Logitech one instead (returning that one today or tomorrow).

My PS3 Rockcandy controller works without fail~

Sounds like your problem could be solved by simply remapping lock or evade to one of the bumper buttons. On my 360 Wireless controller, L Trigger is for Evading while the R Trigger if the use the selected sub-pallet item and since I'm playing ad a Force/Techer, very practical.

xbox 360 wired controller. Plug in, play. No drivers or anything needed.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I've never had an issue with my 360 controller. You should have no problem evading while locked on to something. Evading doesn't automatically make you go the opposite direction while locked on to something. The thing is if you don't pull back you'll stay at the same distance and go either left or right like you're tethered to your target. You could run while still locked on. Running gives you more control if you're still locked on.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Victim of Dudu & Monica zegun~kun's Avatar

get a PS4 controller and a bluetooth dongle