Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hmmmm unless there's a part of the palette im just not seeing......think this is the closest i can get for skin color. Don't think the bright orange hue is possible with game's color palette.

Thoughts? (Ignore the hair style)

Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Jan 13, 2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

green in her eyes not nuff green

Also why are all the images in this thread broken for me.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Make a caseal for the skin tone then, I guess.

I don't even think Newearl is a good fit for that character, since I don't see prominent elf ears on DMeta. I thought it was just covered by the hair, but on closer inspection I think she actually has furry ears at a near-horizontal angle.

Looking at discrete measurements of hue, saturation, and value, I think the issue is specifically that the skin tones aren't as saturated. Hue range is mostly 14-18 (which is on the color palette), saturation is around high 50's-60's (whereas the color palette caps out at ~44% saturation), and value is at 78.

Something like around here:

Would be closest just taking color measurements on the palette as fact.
    Last edited by Walkure; Jan 13, 2015 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Make a caseal for the skin tone then, I guess.

I don't even think Newearl is a good fit for that character, since I don't see prominent elf ears on DMeta. I thought it was just covered by the hair, but on closer inspection I think she actually has furry ears at a near-horizontal angle.

Looking at discrete measurements of hue, saturation, and value, I think the issue is specifically that the skin tones aren't as saturated. Hue range is mostly 14-18 (which is on the color palette), saturation is around high 50's-60's (whereas the color palette caps out at ~44% saturation), and value is at 78.

Something like around here:

Would be closest just taking color measurements on the palette as fact.

Well the reason I chose my female newman was out of sheer coincidence. I was going to make a new char originally but then realized my female newman (that never really used) was FO anyway (which is what i wanted to make DMeta) so was going to roll with it.

As far as the ears you mentioned....i really wanna say that's part of the wings. The reason I say that is because Light metatron looks pretty much the same as her and she doesn't have that on her. The ears don't seem to show on either pic....

On another variant of l.meta the ears show :P Technically human would be better since she has normal ears in that pick but im fine with that minor difference.

Look at the previous evolution; they're sandwiched between locks of hair, right around where the ears would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Look at the previous evolution; they're sandwiched between locks of hair, right around where the ears would be.
    Ah ok I see what you're talking about....swapping between her's and L.meta...i really wanna say that's part of the circlet on her head but that's a very small thing....not like alot of people know about pad anyway haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Hmmmm unless there's a part of the palette im just not seeing......think this is the closest i can get for skin color. Don't think the bright orange hue is possible with game's color palette.

Thoughts? (Ignore the hair style)

If you can go slightly more down-left on the palette youll achieve the desired skin tone.

That's how I did my dark-skinned fonewearl, it took quite a bit of tries until I got the desired skin colour. You're close, but you have to take the "outside salon" into consideration.

Since my fonewearl also wears the Luna Prophecy Shadow currently and has dark-skin, be sure to tell me when it's done! I want sister pics!

Well since i got FI to 75 on my other char.....I'm back at this....

So i think this is coming along quite nice. Currently still in character creator so none of this is official yet (as far as hair style,costume,accessories) but everything else I think I nailed....or at least to the best of my ability haha

Thoughts?

Pic of skin color slider please.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Pic of skin color slider please.
    Here ya go. Something wrong with it?