Default PS Nova will be released in Chinese

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/08/07/...ce-in-chinese/

Seems like both Phantasy Star Nova and Shining Resonance (PS3) will have a Chinese localization.

I am wondering, in how many Chinese speaking countries has the Vita / Vita TV been released? has it sold decently? any numbers or more information about the Chinese pso2 server? maybe the players on that server wanted Nova and someone listened...

In any case, Sega West sucks

China doesn't have a PSO2 server specifically, but this is a kick in the balls.

If I remember anything about the Chinese community, handhelds are about as big as they are in Japan.
    Last edited by blace; Aug 10, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

If they are localizing in TRADITIONAL Chinese it is very likely Taiwan and/or Hong Kong. Mainland China uses Simplified.

Having a game translated and localized for a region that was a part of the IP block to keep RMT down, is still a kick to the face for the rest of the world west.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Taiwan isn't blocked, only China was to keep RMT down, and I wouldn't put Taiwan in the same region as China. They're separated by water and one's an island, and for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    If they are localizing in TRADITIONAL Chinese it is very likely Taiwan and/or Hong Kong. Mainland China uses Simplified.
    This is for the Taiwan region specifically, HK will also get and sell copies(Like Freedom War<HK and Tw are at war in the City war, with HK edging out ATM)

But Taiwan and Japan has really close relation ever since the end of WWII, when Taiwan was a colony of Japan.

Although this seems to be more of Sony's doing then Sega, as there are now more Chinese version of games for Sony console(PS3, PSV, PS4)
    Freedom Wars, toukiden, DangaRopa 1+2, Phantasy Star Nova, Million Arthur, Persona, etc.
    And Taiwan also has their own PSN service, even if the region is smaller then the US.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    Taiwan isn't blocked, only China was to keep RMT down, and I wouldn't put Taiwan in the same region as China. They're separated by water and one's an island, and for political reasons.
    The point I was making is that, the game(s) are getting localized for use in other regions other than Japan itself and that even if the game is made for Taiwan, that wouldn't mean it couldn't be sold over in the mainland.

Traditional and simplified are different, but it's not a vastly different character set.