Default Unstable Frame Rate

I have a fairly powerful computer it should be able to run PSOBB just fine but when I record videos of it for youtube it will sometiems get jerky for a few seconds looking like it drops down to 15 fps. its rare but maybe a couple of times every 15 minutes. i have been unable to fix this so i dont record gameplay of psobb on my youtube,

none of the games i have recorded on there have a frame rate cap so im playing those games in 200+ frames per second and recording at 60 fps for when youtube supports it soon. i know psobb is capped at 30 fps

I have tried every graphics setting psobb has with lowest resolution and settings and i changed my graphics card settings to nothing but performance. a lot of times i dont notice the frame drop but it shows up still when watching the recording. i tried several different recording methods and recorders. this doesnt make sense my computer should be able to handle this game just fine. im assuming there is something that is not optimized correctly in psobb. i have encountered a lot of older games that perform crappier than they should but people made optimization patches for them. im assuming psobb has a similar problem because my computer should be able to run it just fine. like i said it seems to have the same exact frame rate problem regardless of settings i change it to. my computer runs it jsut as good at max settings as low.
    Last edited by UltATK; Aug 19, 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Are you recording the gameplay footage on the same harddrive that PSOBB is running off of? If possible, try recording the video to a different harddrive and see if that helps. I know other games probably record just fine, but from my own personal experience recording PSOBB, when I recorded to a different harddrive, it was perfectly smooth with no dropped frames or choppiness.

I watched some of your videos. They have the frame drops too. for example this video the first 5 seconds it looks like 15fps rather than 30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6aJwKCcjyo

also im gonna go try to see red ring rico myself now i never did that. i hack psobb play offline. should take me no time lol. and yes i have a second hard drive. doesnt help

You'll need one of the 3 parasitic gene flow weapons to see Rico, but in Episode 2 you can see Heathcliff Flowen as well.

For each you'll (if memory serves me correctly) need to have the gene flow weapons in your inventory when you beat Falz and head back to the boss arena(still with the items in your inventory - you don't actually need to use them in the fight) after returning to Pioneer 2.

To see Flowen, it's any of the weapons that have "Red" in the name, such as the red saber or red mechguns.

thx for that info. i decided just to make a handful of psobb videos of me playing for a couple of minutes to avoid frame rate drops.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFMvHD_ZaU

I think the PC port of BB is just really sloppy. I'll get random framerate drops, even on gaming PC.

I can play PSO2 at a solid 60fps, but BB still drops below 30 fps pretty frequently, if that gives you any frame of reference. When your FPS drops, it's usually more noticeable on video rather than when you're actually playing, from my experiences.

What program are you using to record your video?
    Last edited by DJcooltrainer; Aug 21, 2014 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    I think the PC port of BB is just really sloppy. I'll get random framerate drops, even on gaming PC.

I can play PSO2 at a solid 60fps, but BB still drops below 30 fps pretty frequently, if that gives you any frame of reference. When your FPS drops, it's usually more noticeable on video rather than when you're actually playing, from my experiences.

What program are you using to record your video?
    Fraps which is funny because I used bandicam to record all of my other videos with. Fraps seems to reduce the problem but usually I found Fraps to cause more performance issues than bandicam with other games. Kind of funny. In fact I may be able to get it to not drop frames for a good 15 minutes. I made it to around 7 minutes with no drops. i used to have some pso2 videos on another channel yeah and yeah it was a good constant 60 fps too. i try to record all my videos at 60fps 30mbs for youtube now since that's whats recommended and youtube soon will be supporting 60fps and they keep the original file you upload for those future upgrades https://www.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piSYdIF2WtA

i think the main thing that helped was turning off all the graphics card settings and putting it to performance rather than quality and when recording have all other programs closed except psobb and using fraps not bandicam. im assuming the drops mainly happen because another program wants to use resources and psobb doesnt like that
    Last edited by UltATK; Aug 21, 2014 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post

This. My computer is pretty high spec and I get drops as well. I use Fraps for all my recording

My drops aren't as bad as yours but they are there, where as I can run something like Sonic Generations with Fraps and it works pretty fluidly.
    Last edited by Jaspaller; Aug 21, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

dat dc skin. im gonna have to download that again. im jelly

I don't get drops like this.
    Then again i use ENB so it doesn't idle on my gpu.
    Thank you for the horse, Brandon.