Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

RA/FO recently got a cool new toy in a T-atk Launcher ガレトショコラ (Galette Chocolat?) that has a new Bullet PP Save latent that further reduces PP cost while bullets are loaded. This 25% stacks with the 20% from RA's Bullet PP Save, effectively reducing all PP costs to 60% of their normal cost. The launcher also has 25 more T-atk than Vibras Cannon. Not much, but RA/FO needs all the T-atk it can get.

I've been experimenting with a fire/ice build and found the following five techs to be the best for all purpose damage and sustainability:
    Blazing Rafoie - 12 PP
    Concentrated/Ice Fang Ilbarta - 15 PP
    Concentrated Gifoie - 14 PP
    Efficient Gibarta - 2-6 PP for higher level crafts
    Blazing/Efficient Foie - 12 PP OR ~0-4 PP for higher level crafts

I found the new launcher today in the Shironia EQ with a 250% RDR + 100% triboost + 100% boost event. The damage output is fairly decent with Sharpshooter bonus compensating for the loss of Element Conversion. I constantly switch between the new launcher and Vibras Cannon for ridiculous PP sustainability vs Negative Hunter latent. Killing Bonus grants me virtually infinite PP while spamming Gifoie and close-range Gibarta which is pretty nifty.

All I need now is a T-atk Assault Rifle lol

EDIT: In terms of short burst DPS, RA/FO seems to dish out ~70-80% of the DPS of a fire build FO/TE with Bert Rodan. The increased PP sustainability compensates for the DPS loss, making RA/FO powerful and definitely viable on its own. It's also pretty fun to use.
    Last edited by branflakes325; Oct 12, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

through researching, i found the new 11star AR with 780tatk at +10
    ヒュリオスノーティ this is rifle...however, to get this item a bit complicated...
    that method is trade 10 11*chips rare fang banther in pso2es
    Last edited by taizero00; Oct 11, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

lol

Since when do they release 11* weapons that are this difficult to get? Unfortunately 780 t-atk and Splendid Recovery doesn't make it a stellar weapon in its own right. I might pass it up for whatever T-atk assault rifles they introduce in the future.

Yeah, I've been using ra/fo with the chocolat launcher for a couple weeks now. On a new char though. It's pretty fun, but I find it pretty clumsy having to switch to rifle and then back to launcher (with no pp save bonus) to deal my boosted damage. Tatk rifle would certainly help.

Also, as always, I'm bothered by the inability to slot techs onto the launcher's PA slots. Razer or no, I shouldn't have to rely on subpalette space to make use of these gimmicky weapons.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Agreed. It's annoying that you cannot have bullets loaded into AR and launcher simultaneously. It makes it difficult to spam ilbarta or rafoie on a WB without running out of PP eventually.

I recently found out that craft PP reductions are taken into account after the PP is already reduced by bullet save latents. For example, Foie costs 20 PP and is reduced to 12-13 PP with Galette Chocolat equipped. Then, it's further reduced by Efficient Foie's 3-12 PP craft and at the max craft Foie will cost less than 1 PP. What's even more insane is the cost being further reduced by Shifta Drink's random ability to reduce PP cost.

So does that mean that completely free techs are possible? The only way to find out is to get a lucky -12 PP craft which seems near impossible lol. Right now I have a -10 PP Foie craft and the PP costs are as follows, based on estimates from testing:

Charge time recovery ~2.7 PP
    Vibras Cannon equipped ~6 PP (net cost = 3.3)
    Galette Chocolat equpped ~2.7 PP (net cost = 0)
    Vibras Cannon w/ PP reduction drink ~4 PP (net cost = 1.3)
    Galette Chocolat w/ PP reduction drink ~1.2 PP (net cost = -1.5)

While I highly doubt it, I wonder if negative tech cost is possible. That would be amusing.
    Last edited by branflakes325; Oct 12, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

1-3pp techs are already op as fuck.
    TBH this combination never struck me as ridiculous.
    WB + tech dmg.

Hm... I might try this on my Newman soon. This sounds like it has a ton of potential... >.> But lvling a lv 1 ranger to lv 70 doesn't make me feel good atm.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Hm... I might try this on my Newman soon. This sounds like it has a ton of potential... >.> But lvling a lv 1 ranger to lv 70 doesn't make me feel good atm.
    If you already have a high level force it makes things much easier. Half of the ranger skill points aren't too important, and you only need around lv 41/70 to equip Vibras Cannon. Getting 430 dex for chocolat launcher is a pain though.

@Megidolaon: I guess the only seemingly ridiculous part is having to main Ranger for a t-atk class.

first post updated

Personally, I invested some points into dex up skills on ranger to equip chocolat in the 20s or so. I plan to reset them eventually.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl

Would using this in conjunction with Bolt PP Save allow you to have almost infinitely sustainable PP with lightning techs in general?

Would be neat to be able Il Zonde spam forever to get around quickly.