Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old People

The problem is, that's just the frame they place their opinions in.

Plenty of young people are exactly the same way, they just act on what they want instead of talk about what they wanted.

The only real difference is the starting point. The world is different, but the same types of people are still being born. They act on their interests in a modern setting, using the modern world to their advantage. The older people in question had a different world they worked in, and are vocal about how they can't do the same things anymore.

Make no mistake, younger generations are full of just as many assholes who would take advantage of you in a heartbeat. Removing the pruny people won't solve shit.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Ehn, the world will just become a different kind of horrible/annoying as time goes on.

Maybe by the time we're dead things will get better.

Yasss! The end of the stick up everyone's ass generations!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

That would mean Japan completely annihilated though.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I don't think he's against old people for "being old", it sounds like he's more angry about their "back in my day ____ was so much better!" mentality and how it's currently hindering societal progression because they're all so averse to major changes in politics, religion, cultural tolerance/acceptance, etc.
    Which is funny, because we're all going to have the same mentality when we get older. (I had a link for a source backing that up, but I've lost it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Which is funny, because we're all going to have the same mentality when we get older. (I had a link for a source backing that up, but I've lost it.)
    The difference is that I plan to commit suicide or have some sort of contingency to rid myself should I ever become a plague or blight to society or my family should I ever get to this position. I'm still hopeful for cybernetic or genetic modification to help the aging process or even extend it in the future due to modern medicine but that is besides the point.

Yes, I don't hate old people for being old; it is their mentality from being unwilling to accept change that I take issue with. This mentality is stuck in older people who end up being a blight to society, thinking that elderly respect supercedes mutual respect and that because they are older, they should get special treatment yet they still want all the same benefits and treatments as anyone else would get in their position. Decrepit and parasitic in both action and mentality, this is why I think for the most part they are ruining it for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    That would mean Japan completely annihilated though.
    Well, not immediately; would spark a crisis for the young folk to start fucking again. They would die eventually if they didn't so something about it; you're right.
    Last edited by fighgunners; Aug 24, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fighgunners View Post
    The difference is that I plan to commit suicide or have some sort of contingency to rid myself should I ever become a plague or blight to society or my family should I ever get to this position. I'm still hopeful for cybernetic or genetic modification to help the aging process or even extend it in the future due to modern medicine but that is besides the point.

Yes, I don't hate old people for being old; it is their mentality from being unwilling to accept change that I take issue with. This mentality is stuck in older people who end up being a blight to society, thinking that elderly respect supercedes mutual respect and that because they are older, they should get special treatment yet they still want all the same benefits and treatments as anyone else would get in their position. Decrepit and parasitic in both action and mentality, this is why I think for the most part they are ruining it for everyone else.

Well, not immediately; would spark a crisis for the young folk to start fucking again. They would die eventually if they didn't so something about it; you're right.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Ohhhhhhhh

OHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S where things are going here now, lmfao.

Isn't there like a few hundred Dystopian future books/movies based "no more old people!"

Ever see Logan's Run?

Ever look in the mirror and think "holy shit I'm crazy."

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Ever look in the mirror and think "holy shit I'm crazy."
    right after the ten lines of cocaine hits me

c-c-c-c-cyeah

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Spoiler!
    Call it futuristic optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Unless we learn to let it go and/or adapt to the present. We're in no way inevitably fated to become that way.