Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old People

Default Old People

Too many of them need to die. They hold back society with broken and honestly just plain backwards mentalities from their tenured positions and oodles of money. The newer generations aren't that much better but they aren't even given a foothold to do anything. Soylent Green needs to become a reality.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Lets start with you

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

Quote Originally Posted by fighgunners View Post
    Too many of them need to die. They hold back society with broken and honestly just plain backwards mentalities from their tenured positions and oodles of money. The newer generations aren't that much better but they aren't even given a foothold to do anything. Soylent Green needs to become a reality.
    Reminds me of a guy from Europe... You probably never heard of him though, so never mind. I understand though, some older folks have a strange way of thinking. It's human though, from generation to generation there is some sort of disconnect in how we think an/or treat each other, it's sad.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

I know what your talking about, but it's not just old people, or even old people in general. It's the drama mongering jerks who are so stupid that they think they are right about everything that's fucking shit up for everybody. They don't just wanna stir up the pot they wanna take the pot and throw down a fucking mountain because they wanna feel important. It's literally impossible for these people to calm down and look at things from a logical perspective.

Old people can be really frustrating, though. I don't necessarily wish they would all just hurry up and die or anything, but, like, the way they hold up the grocery line for 15 minutes waiting for a 25 cent coupon to ring up properly, the way they'll insist upon continuing to drive well after they've become dangerous on the road, they way they're prejudiced as fuck, the way they're so nitpicky and flustered and hateful all the time, always causing a scene when nothing's wrong, blaming everything on everyone but themselves...

I started typing this in jest but about halfway through I decided I meant it. Old people that are like blackface for the elderly are super wack, yo. But I guess the sweet hip little grandmas that will smoke pot with the nephews when the whole family gets together and basically just happen too be old are pretty cool in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfCoffee View Post
    they way they're prejudiced as fuck, the way they're so nitpicky and flustered and hateful all the time, always causing a scene when nothing's wrong, blaming everything on everyone but themselves...
    That fits, like, over half of the internet.

The best example is the person I work with. She is over 65, she has loads of money and her own job, yet she chooses to work at mine as well. She has been with this company for 19 years (I should know, she gloats about it every day) and she is hated by everyone. Every single person she works with hates her. She is borderline racist and thinks that everyone is sexist. The only old person I know who isn't totally backwards or isn't an asshole is my grandmother. I mean, you really don't have to look far for this kind of stuff. Go into any grocery store, department store, supermarket, or various shops in a mall; and sure enough, you should find at least one single person who is ancient and decrepit; clearly out of place and making a miserable experience for someone with their hazy-eyed attitude. Hell, the U.S. Congress is filled with monsters like this. Change and trends are the things that create humanity; and without them, the wonders of invention and advancement wouldn't be possible. I know that a lot of people of other generations are also big offenders on this, but no bigger offenders have I seen than those over the age of 65.

Old people are just young people who stopped caring and didn't grow up in the world that younger people did.

They come from a time where things were different. That world is gone, and it makes some of them bitter, and clearly the bar is set by the worst a group has to offer so all old people should die.

Way to judge a huge portion of humanity based on the vocal ones. Seeya George Takei; you're too old so now you're automatically a terrible person, go die. Robin Williams? One less old person to deal with.

This is why all black people are looting rioting scum and all cops are backwards militant scum, since we're judging all groups by the lowest possible standard that Ferguson has just recently set. Also, all asians are deathcamp-creating monsters and all white people are racist sexist skinheads. All men are greedy megalomaniac rapists and all women are attention-seeking baby-stealing psychopaths.

tl;dr According to your logic everyone is terrible because some people are terrible. Don't do that.

Erm, you're gonna be old yourself, so better think about that because we all are headed there one day. So what you think about old people, you'll see for yourself one day what is like to be treated like road kill, left there until someone bothers to dispose of it.

I don't think he's against old people for "being old", it sounds like he's more angry about their "back in my day ____ was so much better!" mentality and how it's currently hindering societal progression because they're all so averse to major changes in politics, religion, cultural tolerance/acceptance, etc.

To which I agree. The sooner the oldest generations croak, the better off the world will be, but I'm not cheering for it to happen as soon as possible.