View Poll Results: Do you want SEGA to add a level similar to Naberius but is an 'open world' in PSO2?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • ES! To a world where players can set aside their quests and talk to friends & team mates

28 35.00%
  • NO! It's not like PSO anymore >:I

52 65.00%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open World

Exclamation Open World

Now there may be a thread similar to this, but please take time to read this.

First of all let me point out that some of you think; "making Open World will change the game, it won't be PSO anymore". That's why they made PSO2, Change is to be expected.

Second, if you are not aware, game designers/developers are already making tons of Open World games, whether it's online or not. Open world games is fifth generation gaming, is the future! Of course it would be hard for developers to make an online game an open world, balancing the freedom of an open world with the structure of a dramatic storyline, making channels to one big server.. It's all worth it after all.

[B]Let me ask you this... PSO2 is a game wherein players go to different worlds, right?
    What if, there was another world besides; Naberius, Skyscape, etc., that is OPEN and players will be able to explore, roleplay, relax. A free-roam place for GMs(if there are any..) to organize an event. There would be interesting ways for the player to interact with the broader level when they ignore their main objective.

So, yes or no?
    Vote..
    http://strawpoll.me/2403709

no
    with vpn pso2 is already got a decent lag
    with open world = more lag = gg
    getting 360 every 5 mins in that open world

so it's a NO

LOL i seen this post on Sega Forums, But i Vote NO. Surprisingly everybody is voting yes there, SEGA FORUMS IN A NUTSHELL.
    Last edited by HiImAyumi; Aug 23, 2014 at 01:11 AM.

Going with a simple, No.

No...
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Planet themed lobbies would be nice.

One of the things I love about PSO2 is how extremely instance based it is. It takes absolutely no time to travel between words, unlike open-world MMOs. Seeing MMO's this instance based is pretty rare these days. Let's not change it.

Meji | Ship 02 | LV75 Bouncer/Hunter | Proud leader of Celestial

the only reasons i would say no is because it breaks the idea that we are a combat ready group that is deployed to other areas but keeps base in the oracle fleet and we would likely run into a problem that permeated PSU in that people often couldn't find parties for the content they wanted to do because everyone was now spread out and it was harder to find people who might want to do the content you do.

As much as I would love an open world PSO2, it just wouldn't work when it is designed around instances, unless they do something like Vindictus with 2 lobby areas.

I'd like an open world exploration quest where you could travel to a planet like naberius with it being a multi party of 100+ players all around the planet doing something, with all the areas (forest, tundra, etc.) intertwined and accessible to everyone. Maybe throw in some new enemies and field bosses. This is as open world I would like the game to be.

So not quite.