Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Default Time Warner Cable - PSO2 inaccessible

Seems like people on Time Warner Cable are unable to access PSO2 and its site again.

I THINK this MIGHT be related in some way to some sort of West Coast-related route hiccup. At about 9:30 PM HST (12:30 AM PST, 3:30 AM EST), there seemed to have been some sort of issue that actually took down Internet access for ALL of us. As in, we were unable to access the Internet at all, not just PSO2.

Do any of you have some decent routers with logging capabilities that can pinpoint Internet connection loss at around 8/26/14 12:30 AM PST or at 3:30 AM EST?

Wonder if Time Warner Cable's border routers rebooted?

Edit: Don't start panicking just yet by the way. Doing a traceroute to pso2.jp is resulting in a routing loop. This is same routing loop we had when PSO2 was inaccessible for a couple weeks due to that DDOS. We probably just have to wait for TWC's routers to find the correct route back to Japan.

It couldn't be at a worse time.
    Last edited by BahnKnakyu; Aug 27, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    Seems like people on Time Warner Cable are unable to access PSO2 and its site again.

I THINK this MIGHT be related in some way to some sort of West Coast-related route hiccup. At about 9:30 PM HST (12:30 AM PST, 3:30 AM EST), there seemed to have been some sort of issue that actually took down Internet access for ALL of us. As in, we were unable to access the Internet at all, not just PSO2.

Do any of you have some decent routers with logging capabilities that can pinpoint Internet connection loss at around 8/26/14 12:30 AM PST or at 3:30 AM EST?

I was streaming at the time and, by logs, I can confirm it was around 3:30AM EST that the issues started, give or take a few minutes.

I just bought AC on the site and I have time warner, but I keep getting error 103 when i try to use the vanilla launcher.

Still getting 103 with pingzapper as well.

My guess is that it's because everyone woke at 4am and is trying to update the game (even though I updated last night at 9 pm)
    Last edited by saraishadow; Aug 27, 2014 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post

A group of idiots have been DDoSing Blizzard's servers for the past couple days, it's likely the reason for any sluggish internet in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorra View Post
    A group of idiots have been DDoSing Blizzard's servers for the past couple days, it's likely the reason for any sluggish internet in California.
    Ah, DDOS'd provider servers may be causing routing issues for TWC, so when their border routers restarted, they can't find a proper route, or something.

In other words, we're just caught in the crossfire of an attack that's not even related to us?
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

I have Time Warner myself but my problem is a black screen after booting the game. Not having luck connecting to JP VPNs either though...strange.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    I have Time Warner myself but my problem is a black screen after booting the game. Not having luck connecting to JP VPNs either though...strange.
    That sounds like an issue related to an outdated patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    That sounds like an issue related to an outdated patch.
    that's what I figured regarding the patch. I can fix that myself. I was just curious why my VPN was having trouble connecting to JP IPs.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

I was on the slot machines before a 630 hit. It was about 12:37 AM PST (probably 12:36 at the exact moment since the slots froze for a while). If it helps, I'm in the SoCal area as others have said before.

I'm verifying people from the EC and Florida getting hit by the outage too.

Looks like something nation-wide. Guess if you guys want to get back on we have to do that "dangerous" (emphasis: sarcasm) proxy thing.