Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oobershire View Post
    What is the best way of making a Elder/TechIII/AbilityIII/Tech Boost unit? You're method seems to work with Spirita III or Stamina III but I'm not sure about Ability III
    http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/abilities.php#souls
    use any soul suiting you best.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    That doesn't help with my question at all

That doesn't help with my question at all
    You probably would still have to go the traditional way of forcing Tech3/Elder/x/x on the main weapon first, and then Shoot3/Elder/x/x and Power3/Elder/x/x as fodder, since Ability3's success rate is so ass you don't even want to fail it.

There is also the method for Boost/Soul/Attack III/Ability III/Spirita III where you get all of the IIIs on to the main by combining a bunch of Is, and using two soul unit for 90/100/100/100/100 chance on boost week. However, it can fail.

For a single unit:
    - Get Attack I/Body I/React I/Mind I/x on the main (the other two attacks could be used in place of the defenses for Ability III if 4s), then make 5 fodders with the same affixes as the main.
    - Affix the main with the two fodders (use a 10% booster here), to get 5s Atk II/Defenses II. Combine the other three to get the same thing.
    - Now affix the main with the IIs fodder, along with a 5s unit that has both Spirita III and Mutation I (these are cheap thanks to Knight Gear boss). Use a 30% booster here.
    - Your unit should have a few set of IIIs on it now. So just use two 5s soul units as fodder, and you should have 90/100/100/100/100, and pray it doesn't fail.

I can't tell right at this moment if your method is cheaper than this, but this method is a lot cheaper than the "regular" method, even if you fail once (someone might just buy that failed unit for whatever reason). In fact, a failed unit could possibly be used with your method if you switch out Ability III for Fever (affix fever on to 4s failed unit buy using a 30%). Idk if this is actually cost efficient to do over just selling off the failed unit though.

Let me know if I screwed up somewhere, as I'm feeling rather sleepy.
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Sep 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

What is the best way of making a Elder/TechIII/AbilityIII/Tech Boost unit? You're method seems to work with Spirita III or Stamina III but I'm not sure about Ability III
    There are a few options for this, depending on what you've got and what's cheap on the phone. I'll list a couple:

1)
    Base unit: Elder/Tech 3/-/-
    Fodder 1: Elder/Power 3/-/-
    Fodder 2: Elder/Shoot 3/-/-

Elder @ 80, Tech 3 @ 80, Abl 3 @ 60%
    Add a Technique Boost @ 100%
    Add a 30% affix booster, and during boost week, everything you want is at 100%.

2)
    Base unit: Elder/Tech 3/-/-
    Fodder 1: Elder/Mind 3/Body 3/React 3
    Fodder 2: Elder/-/-/-

Follow the same method (add a Tech Boost and an affix 30% during boost week.)
    Exact same percentages.

Keep in mind that for Ability 3, the required affixes (either Power 3, Shoot 3, Technique 3 OR Mind 3, React 3, Body 3) need not be on one unit; just need to be present in the formula.

In reference to SunSol's post, finding or creating the intermediate fodder to get to what you want can be a pain, especially if you're chasing Ability 3. Such fodder is priced intentionally more expensive. The Fevers (aside from Summer) are also expensive. Basically, decide what you want on your final product (pick your poison) and determine what fodder you need to get there. Not going to be cheap regardless.

Now to wait until 4am so I can price my fodder and affix my stuff...
    Last edited by Shinmarizu; Sep 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Last time I checked, getting Attack III/Body III/React III/Mind III/Spirita III on the target via combining Is and the 5s mut/spir III only cost like ~2 million (might be more now due to obvious price increases), but I think trying to get IIIs on to Soul units using the "Known" method is just too expensive. However, said method is probably fine for weapons, since 5s stuff on weapons aren't that expensive if I remember correctly.

And the method I listed could be used for 4s as well; if you decide not to use any boosters, it's probably VERY cheap...
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Sep 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

@Sun: For 4s/5s units, that's probably the best way to go about it without killing your wallet. Weapons can use Soul Receptor and 'Soul boost' shenanigans without too much price difference versus success rate for those kinds of affixes.

Units overall... well, 4x the prices for 3 units versus prices for weapons, which depend on what you want. Market is stupid.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Quote Originally Posted by Chumara View Post
    What is a soul receptor and who drops it? I might've been accidentally just vendoring these things.
    it's an affix that greatly boosts the odds of a soul successfully transferring. it drops from bosses in pso2es. you can't actually get items with that affix in regular pso2.

Where can I find the simulator OP used? I found this

http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/

It looks similar but I think it's different cuz I'm getting different results when I tried not to duplicate what he did, not to mention it doesn't even have Tagami Kazuchi Soul on the list. Does it have anything to do with it being version 1.00?